Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities you would like to see vanish from the spotlight....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Spencer is loaded.

I can't remember where I say it but they were these people joking ''Vogue, What attracted you to the millionaire?''

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

A quick check on Wikipedia says she's just had 3 kids in quick succession with this Spencer guy... so she's a smart woman!!!

No doubt when they eventually separate, she'll be on a good wage/maintenance of €20k a month to raise the kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

What became of those other two stupidly monikered ones from Fade St? One of them was called something like Coco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

Yeah I was gonna say Vogue aswell. That incident on the plane recently was shocking, I mean the level of self awareness with her seems to be in the minuses. The entitlement is off the scale, expecting that man to vacate his seat and then hurling insults at him when he chose not to move. I've seen this scenario play itself out in different forms, weddings, at the theatre, cinema.......someone expecting another person to shift so they can sit beside a friend/spouse or relative. Fair enough, if someone decides on their own volition to surrender their seat and move, thats up to them, but this idea that someone SHOULD make way for you..........no way. One line comes to mind: Those who exalt themselves will be humbled and those who humble themselves will be exalted. Divine justice is real and when it eventually comes for Vogue(which is will)it'll be absolutely brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

the worst part is he did move and she still insulted him .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That the kicker, hurl abuse at someone to get your own way and then use that as publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

And I can guarantee you that she never "asked" him to move in the first place. 100% she told him to move, she gave him an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

She's that "thick" as my mother would say that she thought by putting her side of the story would garner sympathy but in fact it only brings antagonism for her.

Silly wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

i still think the highlight of irish tv was when tommy tiernan had no clue who she was when she went on his show

'what do you do vogue?'

population of ireland has been asking that same question for ages

cici kavanagh, think shes a DJ now. Paul was the best though, some say he'll turn up at EP this year to tell everyone to **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

Who are you talking about? You didnt quote a comment

• Advertisement

Vogue presented numerous TV programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Wow. Such irreplaceable talent. Why hasn't the Beeb snapped her up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Vogue is famous for marrying Brian McFadden. She was always a dose. It doesn't surprise me at all about her outburst on a plane recently. Apparently she only wears an item of clothing once too. A great revelation when people are struggling to pay bills. She is tone deaf.

Those documentarys she did for RTÉ were shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Your name's Fugue. Her name's Vogue? Coincidence?

Yeah. Probably is a coincidence.

I... don't recall even hinting that.

People keep saying she does nothing, is famous for being famous etc, and it's dishonest. She also did a fairly good job as presenter. It kinda seemed like hate for hate's sake.

That was before the recent incident though, in which she behaved like a right weapon.

People keep saying she does nothing, is famous for being famous etc, and it's dishonest. She also did a fairly good job as presenter.

The issue people will have though is how did she get those jobs presenting? Was it off the back of her own hard graft, or was it because she was famous for being famous, and with all things RTÉ, they incorrectly assume that a social media following will translate to good viewing figures if they stick that same social media 'personality' in front of a camera.....

That could be said about numerous people though.

It certainly is unfair when some social media "celeb" gets the presenting gig instead of someone who has worked hard for years doing "stand-in" work, but that's the media for you, and it's more to blame than the individual.

That could be said about numerous people though.

It could indeed, but for the most part, these people generally know how lucky a break they got, and try to keep the head down and ride the gravy train for as long as they can.... and good luck to them..

With this sort of toxic 'me me me' behaviour, Vogue isn't doing herself any favours.... and even the likes of RTÉ & Aeriel could decide its not worth being associated with brand Vogue anymore when public opinion has firmly gone against her due to her true colours being brought to the fore....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I believe Vogue main income these days is from being an influencer, and she is making a lot out of it similar to Rosanna Davison. Oh I got 3 babies so now I can influence all women. Plus she can probably pick and choose whatever reality tv shows she may go on, eg I bet if she wanted to do the jungle get me out of here she could probably command at least half a million. Then Spenny comes from millionaire family with royal connections, and money breeds money as he would have few different businesses on the go as well as the business of celebrity, which they are both in. They are totally minted. They have recently built a big house in her home area of Swords. She doesn’t need to DJ anymore!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Is Vogue the one who presented Telly Bingo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

• Registered Users Posts: 33,965 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

She should've been thrown off the plane.

Yes I know they were at cruising altitude 😉

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I, for one, am shocked that Vogue can behave like this, if only there were some warning signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,965 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Internment camps for so-called celebs? Harsh but perhaps necessary.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Cowan didn’t come across well in those comments.

i have to say though, himself and the core of younger MBB cast members used to and maybe still do meet up in our local the odd time for a drink…not regulars but several times a year they’d be in…. generally we’d be sitting at the bar and when it was his shout for a round it was always noticeable how genuine and good natured and good humoured he always seemed with staff, young and old alike, all on first name terms with them etc…even though he’d not be there every week….thought that was nice… always have a ‘howayiz’ for ourselves too and didn’t seem in anyway arrogant or difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,548 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't know any of these people thankfully. I gave up watching Irish TV as it was just so awful. All the fake virtue signalling etc. was just too much. At least be honest or just shut up.

I know McGregor obviously but he's transcended this country, no chance he disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Dave Moore

The best thing about Vogue Williams is how much she annoys a certain type of middle-aged man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Advertisement