Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities you would like to see vanish from the spotlight....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,847 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I had to look up most of these people but a word of advice, if you don't want to know who these people are don't watch RTE or listen to 2FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I met her first husband twice (he's a friend of a friend) very nice man. I've no idea whether or not he's in a relationship with anyone now, but he really was a lovely guy and deserves someone much nicer than her.

He had a lucky break.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

He had a lucky break.

I dunno, she’s a very attractive woman.

One would have to imagine that he’s still getting some mileage out of the “highlight reel”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

One would have to imagine that he’s still getting some mileage out of the “highlight reel”.

From all accounts hes not a fame hungry attention seeker. Hes just an ordinary down to earth nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Omackeral wrote: »
    That's because they can't show their funerals when they're alive.

True. But you gob****e knew what I meant. Even when dead they occupy the airwaves 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

4TAe.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Lottie Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭pgj2015

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

This cnut, she should f(uk right off and learn to book properly in future. Its not like the kids were on their own

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

It's her language she used to describe the man to the air personnel and her belief of self entitlement.

I would say without knowing her that she is a horrible person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

You beat me to it. I was just about to post it. Why exactly is she a celebrity? Does she actually do anything other than adverts for washing powder? We've all made booking mistakes, if you politely ask someone to switch seats with you and you say no then you suck it up and make sure you don't repeat the error. The only t**t in this is her. The fact that she posted that rant expecting lots of people to side with her speaks volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

I don't know them either, but if they're as bad as those 2 lads in the Free Gaff TV ad then they must be avoided at all costs. My God, whenever I see that clip for that show I have to grab the remote and change channels. Who actually watches that trash?

Vogue Williams has done a good bit of TV presenting. Up to that incident, I didn't understand the hate of her. But that was appalling behaviour. Imagine being a staff member and having to deal with someone using that kind of language.

Usually though, vitriol towards presenters seems to be just for the sake of it. I mean what's so terrible about Mairead Farrell?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Sick of seeing Vigue Wolljams on every show, ad and every second social media post. Shes a plague

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Mairead is a successful woman in the public “sphere”. Some angry lad will be along to point of that she didn’t take her first husband’s surname and that she’s only after money from her current one. Or some nonsense like that.

I’m not even sure she’s said anything WOKE(all caps) or leans too heavily into “promoting” feminism. She’s just a successful, good looking, woman and that’s enough to attract the ire of sad internet losers.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Once again any criticism of female radio and/or tv personalities is just sexism in the eyes of some on boards. Nothing to do with quality of their presenting skills….roll eyes.

Such utter nonsense. The biggest thread on boards is The Liveline Thread, where Joe Duffy is filleted daily. Last time I checked he’s still a man, and still identifies as a man - despite having bigger boobs than most women.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Only in 2FM because of who her oul lad was and even at that the only gig they could give her is showbiz news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Bono and Servile Bob

Still wondering what the hatred of Mairead Farrell is about. Seems just to be for the sake of it. And she looks good to me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Watching a re-run of Deirdre O'Kane "interviewing" Jason Byrne on RTE last night for a few minutes before I changed channel was almost vomit-inducing.

O'Kane was completely gushing all over Byrne, who is a dreadful "comedian" IMO and a one-trick pony. RTE Montrose really is a cosy little den of nepotism, favouritism and "celebs" circle jerking each other and all utterly detached from the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Demonique

Vogue Williams

Conor McScumbag

Rory Cowan, though I'd hardly call him a celebrity, last year when covid restrictions eased he threw a tantrum on twitter over some pub or restaurant not being open on the first day of restrictions being eased and then threw a tantrum over even the mildest of criticism

• Registered Users Posts: 15,802 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Re Vague. People dislike so-called celebs being pushed on them, esp those with no discernible talent.

Vague indeed. Prior to her recent outburst, that doesn't explain hatred of her as a person.

Not sure what was so bad about her as a presenter either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

I followed him on Facebook for a while

He sits in the Trocadero all day waiting for someone well known who can accidentally bump into cough

Thinks he is hilarious too with really bad jokes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Mairead Farrel is unreal and she's been around for years it feels like , i remember I had a massive crush on her when she was on the Ray Darcy Show on today FM

Can't stand Vogue Wiiliams either , don't know what it is about her but her face just annoys me ,

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sometimes you'd feel sorry for Vogue and then you hear about her flight incident and you see why she might get stick online.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Vogue is one of those people who are famous for being famous, and that's literally all they have!

Good luck & fair play to her for carving a living out of that fame, but she's not my cup of tea..

But then when you read those stories about the tantrum on the aircraft because she made a booking mistake, then she doesn't really endear herself to the neutrals out there....

Advertisement