Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities you would like to see vanish from the spotlight....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Fake vacuous people, making fake vacuous photos to influence other fake vacuous people. Honestly, one seriously has no brain if they are influenced by them.

I feel for young teenagers trying to emulate these "stars" on Instagram and the pressure that goes with it.

I'm just glad I was teen in the early noughties where selfies were unheard of and didn't have to apply a full face of makeup to feel good about myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Liam Cunningham, stepping up to the Bono/Geldof pontificating bellend mantle

• Registered Users Posts: 37,548 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tubridy above all others.
    D'Arcy a distant second.
    Joe Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I feel for young teenagers trying to emulate these "stars" on Instagram and the pressure that goes with it.

I'm just glad I was teen in the early noughties where selfies were unheard of and didn't have to apply a full face of makeup to feel good about myself.

I'd love if the full feminist movement - would look at some of the females projecting these unhealthy images at my daughter.

They need to look at women too - not just Gillette adds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

The 2 from Bridget and Eamon There has to be better comedic talent out there better than a one note failed reality show participant like JenniferMaguire, who can't even do a hackneyed auld wan impression well, and that gormless twat Bernard O'Shea

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭pgj2015

That Irelands got talent show has a rather large collection of Irish celebrities I would like to see vanish from the spotlight, Jason Byrne, Louis Walsh and Lucy Kennedy. insufferable ar$eholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

pgj2015 wrote: »
    That Irelands got talent show has a rather large collection of Irish celebrities I would like to see vanish from the spotlight, Jason Byrne, Louis Walsh and Lucy Kennedy. insufferable ar$eholes.

James Kavanagh!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Panti Bliss and graham norton

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭LeoHughes

Vogue Williams too,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Pissartist wrote: »
    Panti Bliss and graham norton

Very true would agree about both. Although I haven't seen much of Panti lately seems the whole thing has died down after the gay marriage referendum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Keith Andrews

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Lottie Ryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Lottie Ryan

She'll have her own TV talk show within the next ten years.

'Mutton Head Tonight' or some such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Very true would agree about both. Although I haven't seen much of Panti lately seems the whole thing has died down after the gay marriage referendum.

Chained to the kitchen sink I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Panti is busy getting his new pub ready. Think it's opening in the next couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Every ****in' loon my girlfriend follows on instagram : Joe wicks, the dort birds, some autism advocate (I am ASD myself and I hate her) and Holly Carpenter

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Pissartist wrote: »
    Keith Andrews
    Same, the manner on which he pontificates down to people having won pricesly fûck all and in suits that look like they were tailored with only fancy dress in mind....well it’s almost enough to demand a reimbursement of the license fee...countrywide.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Raymondo Darcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Every ****in' loon my girlfriend follows on instagram : Joe wicks, the dort birds, some autism advocate (I am ASD myself and I hate her) and Holly Carpenter

Joe Wicks isn't Irish but yeah incredibly annoying. I endured one of his recipe videos once where he shouts like a loon - never again.

Holly Carpenter wins the award for most vacuous Insta celeb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Barry Egan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I like how some posters just use the first name and you know who they're talking about.

Hector, Amy.. Lottie, Nicky, Baz.. that's about it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

redbuck wrote: »
    Ray D'arcy

Brendan O'Carroll

Al Porter

Keith Barry. I'd pay to see him, actually I have already paid to see him disappear, and he's still walking/levitating round the place the bollix. Bold as bloody brass :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Anyone who labels themselves as an influencer or some other social media ****e. Shower of Fcukwits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Anyone who labels themselves as an influencer or some other social media ****e. Shower of Fcukwits.

Even a bad influencer? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

She'll have her own TV talk show within the next ten years.

'Mutton Head Tonight' or some such.

Nice to see the Ryan Line is still open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

That is actually a phenomenon. I only realised it recently.

Personally, I believe that the people that are "influenced" by these so-called influencers are feeble minded and are just as bad, if nor worse than these "influencers" themselves.

At least the "successful" influencers are seeing some form of benefit I would assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I have no idea who at least half of these people are.

I think if you know these so called "celebs" you spend too much time on social media.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

Una Healy

god she's a wretch , we don't care that you married a rugby fella , we don't care that you have a new bf and are on holiday etc

just fack off Bosco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Anthonylfc wrote: »
    Una Healy

god she's a wretch , we don't care that you married a rugby fella , we don't care that you have a new bf and are on holiday etc

just fack off Bosco

I never had much of an opinion on her before apart from being the one from the Saturday's from Thurles. Ever since that rugby lad cheated on her she doesn't seem to go away and part of me thinks he's better off with out her.
    I saw her briefly on Virgin Media at around Christmas interviewing somebody and she came across very patronising.

Advertisement