Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,562 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Jaysus!

Best to bring it in and leave it there for a while before you turn it on.

Last thing you want to do is bring it in from the cold, water condenses on it and then causes a short.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Where's the best place to get 90%+ isopropyl? Need to clean a few consoles inside and out.

Master of the Universe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Jack burton

o1s1n wrote: »

I got a bottle from an adverts seller a while ago. Great stuff. Carl's chemical's or something amazing like that it was called

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Great stuff.

Did you drink it neat or with a mixer ? :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not sure if any of the regulars on here are playing Animal Crossing on the Switch? If you are and have Turnips to sell, my island is buying them for 562 bells each. Shop closes at 10pm though so let me know if you want to hop on over and make yourself a fortune. :pac:

If you're saying to yourself "wtf is that lad talking about?!" then ignore the above. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭dav09

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not sure if any of the regulars on here are playing Animal Crossing on the Switch? If you are and have Turnips to sell, my island is buying them for 562 bells each. Shop closes at 10pm though so let me know if you want to hop on over and make yourself a fortune. :pac:

If you're saying to yourself "wtf is that lad talking about?!" then ignore the above. :D

That's madness, having played the newest and Wild World + City Folk over the years, I've never seen them anywhere close to that high, usually buy them for 100 and end up getting 80 for them at some stage during the week lol. I usually don't bother with them as they mostly lose me money and only last a short while (I remember hearing burying them in WW saves them longer years ago but that could be rubbish/misremembering).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭Inviere

Andrew76 wrote: »
    If you are and have Turnips to sell, my island is buying them for 562 bells each.

There's a sentence I bet you never thought you'd say :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I need my own place.

My dad showed me a box in the shed. Said it was sitting there for over a year. Wanted to know whats in it as my mam found it in the attic and wants to throw it out.

My Neo Geo MVS board and supergun and all my MVS games....

I'll have to test it later to see if it's even working.

I think I sold you that stuff!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You did!

• Advertisement

Did you drink it neat or with a mixer ? :D:D

Dash of lime on ice.....also cures the common cold I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭Doge

So I set up a gaming page on Facebook with an old friend of mine called Cork Retro Gaming.

Going live this evening at 6pm playing The Getaway on the PS2 Emulator PCSX2, as it will look much better than via a capture device and the original.
    I'm usually a bag nerves going on camera so hopefully I don't choke haha! But looking forward to it all the same! Tune in if you're bored of this quarantine situation!

Facebook Live

Youtube

Twitch

Facebook live is currently limited to 720p so if you want the best quality try youtube or twitch.

Master of the Universe

Best of luck! Always great to see people being pro active in creating content.

Any reason why the Getaway? you a fan?

I haven't actually played it since it came out! Used to travel to London a lot back in those dates, so it was really amazing to see it recreated in a game.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Best of luck! Always great to see people being pro active in creating content.

Any reason why the Getaway? you a fan?

I haven't actually played it since it came out! Used to travel to London a lot back in those dates, so it was really amazing to see it recreated in a game.

I just had the urge to replay it on my PS2 and tiny BVM but then I said, why not live stream my gameplay on a bigger screen?

I'm sick to death of GTA games by now, the cartoony graphics especially and I personally think the Getaway is An underrated classic.
    It just more realistic looking, has a dark and serious atmosphere.
    There's absolutely no OSD, not even a GPS, no health bars.
    All the vehicles in the game are real life models. it's a real map of London down to all the shop fronts. How they squeezed it into the PS2s memory is beyond me.
    While it may not be as fun as GTA games I just find it a more realistic and authentic experience.

Doge wrote: »
    So I set up a gaming page on Facebook with an old friend of mine called Cork Retro Gaming.

Going live this evening at 6pm playing The Getaway on the PS2 Emulator PCSX2, as it will look much better than via a capture device and the original.
    I'm usually a bag nerves going on camera so hopefully I don't choke haha! But looking forward to it all the same! Tune in if you're bored of this quarantine situation!

Facebook Live

Youtube

Twitch

Facebook live is currently limited to 720p so if you want the best quality try youtube or twitch.

Nice, looking forward to watching :) Was considering doing some live streams myself from Level Up shortly, a mixture of our newer Jap machines and retro machines, maybe some pins whatever people want. Not sure if that'd be a thing people would be interested in or not though, but definitely would be something different than most streams.

dav09 wrote: »
    Nice, looking forward to watching :) Was considering doing some live streams myself from Level Up shortly, a mixture of our newer Jap machines and retro machines, maybe some pins whatever people want. Not sure if that'd be a thing people would be interested in or not though, but definitely would be something different than most streams.

That sounds like a great idea! There will always be interest once you target the right people.

You should go for it!

Doge wrote: »
    That sounds like a great idea! There will always be interest once you target the right people.

You should go for it!

Thanks :) Yeah I thought so, some jap stuff like Maimai is quite rare outside Japan, and the stuff like Star Wars and the drivers would be different from what most people stream since they're hard to emulate properly. It's just an idea but I'm leaning that way, the targeting would be the area I might fall down on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Seems TerraOnion are doing a combined Saturn/Dreamcast optical drive replacement that works on all models of both consoles. They state it will also allow for 50/60hz output switching on Saturn.

Having problems with Restream so looks like its facebook or nothing!

Facebook Live

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So my parents killed my neo geo. There power going to the supergun and the mvs board but no sound or picture...

Mam asking me at dinner constantly if Im pissed off and why. Didn't want to start a rant 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Twitch has been having issues for most of the day from what I’ve been hearing.

There will be a Super Mario Kart Time Trial tournament next month. Format is to be worked on but hopefully it will go live on Speedgaming same as our GP tournament.

I’ll do much better in TT and it will be great practice for our world championship which will be held (hopefully) In France later this year.

In better news Terra onion have a fpga optical drive emulator on the way for Saturn and Dreamcast.

https://youtu.be/IVpnjd8QVks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So my parents killed my neo geo. There power going to the supergun and the mvs board but no sound or picture...

Mam asking me at dinner constantly if Im pissed off and why. Didn't want to start a rant 🙂

I can... ahem... buy it back at Tom Nooks going rate of a couple of turnips...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

What kind of cheese am I looking at to be able to burn roms? Like a no-frills-but-works programmer?

I have a bunch of arcade boards missing roms and I'm trying to decide if it's worth the effort to buy a programmer and roms, or use a service or something instead. I'm pretty sure t would end up gathering dust for 99% of its life after this batch.

Would it be around 100/150 with necessary roms?

It's a pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Where's the best place to get 90%+ isopropyl? Need to clean a few consoles inside and out.

Lenehans hardware on Capel Street sell bottles of it if anyone needs a bricks and mortar solution when the pandemic is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Thanks :) Yeah I thought so, some jap stuff like Maimai is quite rare outside Japan, and the stuff like Star Wars and the drivers would be different from what most people stream since they're hard to emulate properly. It's just an idea but I'm leaning that way, the targeting would be the area I might fall down on.
    You could do a stream where the local Mai Mai Champ gives you pointers jkjk.
    I'll keep an eye on Facebook and if you do the stream I'll share it around as much as I can, would be really interesting to watch.

You could do a stream where the local Mai Mai Champ gives you pointers jkjk.

Haha :D I'm actually alright at the game, I've gotten into many a drunk battle with buddies on the thing so much so that I can now pass the advanced levels (pass is 80%+), up to about level 8 difficulty. I'm usually the retro head down there but it's definitely a fun game.

Pretty sure I've seen a few people do Level 9 and 10 though some nights, there's a few around here who are unbelievable at the thing.

I believe this is Level 10:
    https://www.facebook.com/110714363649824/videos/460124234664603
    I'll keep an eye on Facebook and if you do the stream I'll share it around as much as I can, would be really interesting to watch.

Cheers! As I said I probably will at least trial it but still weighing up my options and curious if there'd be any point as I'm not sure what interest there'd be, but some 2 player stuff like on the racers would probably be entertaining too but it would have to be safe, so probably with just housemates maybe.

Bit off topic but saw this

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/356510011/3dfort-3d-printer-print-anything-you-want?ref=ezgiri&utm_source=jellop&ja=jcf&utm_medium=facebook&utm_term=014.jcf&utm_content=3DFort-CL03&utm_campaign=1587234771247.co0s

Wondering if it's any good? I know some lads here are experienced with 3D printers. Want this to make a few small bits for Lazer Steak. Nothing too over the top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Pretty sure I've seen a few people do Level 9 and 10 though some nights, there's a few around here who are unbelievable at the thing.

I believe this is Level 10:
    https://www.facebook.com/110714363649824/videos/460124234664603
    That's who I'm talking about when I said the local champ, he's my neighbour, fantastic at bullet hells too. He played it s lot in Vietnam I think, they were there almost all summer.
    Cheers! As I said I probably will at least trial it but still weighing up my options and curious if there'd be any point as I'm not sure what interest there'd be, but some 2 player stuff like on the racers would probably be entertaining too but it would have to be safe, so probably with just housemates maybe.
    Always worth a try especially if you have what you need already to do it but you could probably use it again when stuff gets back to normal/normalish for tourneys.

Advertisement