Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Prime Time Presidential Debate Tues 23.10.18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,578 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Worst candidates ever Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Miggledy really taking no responsibility...."The funds are for the office"...."I'll stay wherever I am put"...."I'll take whatever salary is decided"

Why doesn't he insist he stays in accomadation under a certain amount, why doesn't he insist on cutting costs for his office, why doesn't he insist he only takes 100k salary????

Before or after tax?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

gmisk wrote: »
    He is being shouted down at now by Peter Casey, he has behaved presidentially like you would hope and expect.

Casey is coming across like a yelling rambling eejit. I will publish my accounts after.... Ah sure you will...

It’s Higgins that’ll publish his accounts later. Peter Casey is publishing his tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

This is like a crap job interview question, checking if you actually know what you can and can't do.

It's very relevant to this.

Most of them have no idea of the powers and responsibilities of the President.

More relevant than 99% of the nonsense they claim they will do if they get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Miggledy really taking no responsibility...."The funds are for the office"...."I'll stay wherever I am put"...."I'll take whatever salary is decided"

Why doesn't he insist he stays in accomadation under a certain amount, why doesn't he insist on cutting costs for his office, why doesn't he insist he only takes 100k salary????

Doubt the Gardai or security services in the visiting country would be overly pleased if he was booked into the travel lodge with a couple of stag parties

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Ok boards need to get a handle on the slander and rumour being peddled on this boards as truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

Try_harder wrote: »
    Do you want boards to be sued? You are accusing Michael D of lying about his sexuality

Calm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Choochtown wrote: »
    Why don't any of the others if it's such an issue?

Casey has already said he’ll give the full salary to county councils to spend on local projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

David askes a question to the other candidates, and then says to MDH, you probably can't answer this.... He shouldn't be putting that question to the others if not all can answer it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

lufties wrote: »
    Is Mr Higgins a gay chap? out of interest

Is Sean Gallagher a cyborg? Just out of interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭sonic85

fritzelly wrote: »
    Mickey - nothing is my fault, my office do everything and if there is anything untowards it is their fault but 5000 selected people came to hear me recite my poetry after flying in on the Jet and so it should be else what would be the point of me using the jet if no one was there to listen to me

Thats pretty much the gist of what I've got from MDH tonight.

Basically what I've learned from listening to these debates and listening to MDH is that the presidency is totally irrelevant. Very little of note occurs except various jollies.

So what I'd love to know is why so much gets spent on the office in terms of salary and expenses? It's all speeches and poetry and meeting students and OAPs.

The position as a whole is ridiculous and a money pit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭touts

How do you establish if the Taoiseach has lost the confidence of the Dail?

You do a count of the TDs.

Move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,792 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I know I keep saying this but the patronising, dismissive attitude from the host whenever Casey answers the question put to him is disgraceful.

But he and the rest up there are so out of touch that they don't realise its that attitude that will see Casey potentially win it.

Because after tonight's performance by the others, he's definitely come out best IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭daithi7

If seems MDH is covering poorly on his expenses, there's definitely a skeleton in the closet there. Not sure why his personal pet trips to Cuba etc are not also being highlighted.

LNR taken to pieces this eve, telling lies to hotpress on only being paid the average industrial wage - yeah right!!

50% tax is not semantics to any taxpayer in this country. Typical lying, spinning Shinner Bs.

The best of the rest is Peter Casey imho, I never can warm to Sean Gallagher at all, but he's full of sh1t too.

To be fair to the host keeping a 6 person debate on track ain't easy, particularly when a few of them are weak candidates really.

Michael D is going to walk this, even though he said he wouldn't run, he's riding his expenses, that are unaudited and he's past it really... So I guess it's politics as usual in Ireland so!! :)
    You have to laugh!!!😀😀😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

AGC wrote: »
    Doubt the Gardai or security services in the visiting country would be overly pleased if he was booked into the travel lodge with a couple of stag parties

Yeah, imagine his visit to the UK. UK security rings to confirm his travel and hotel plans. Aras replies that he'll be on the 8am FR1882 to Luton and he's staying in the Travel Lodge beside the terminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Calm down.

Why are you asking loaded leading questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,891 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

We should invade Rockall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,180 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Talks like one anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

riemann wrote: »
    Lying does matter.

Lying? Who did he lie to?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,332 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It’s Higgins that’ll publish his accounts later. Peter Casey is publishing his tomorrow.
    His campaign costs.... Not his accounts tomorrow... Big difference, you honestly don't think he has money squirreled away around the globe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I've enough of this shyte. They're all terrible, Casey the least terrible, he'll get my vote.

Goodnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

References to MDH's appearance, height or speculation regarding his sexuality is in bad taste IMO. There's plenty to criticise him for without resorting to school yard put downs

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I wish LNR would stop putting her hand across to MDH.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Joan ready for bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

fritzelly wrote: »
    Mickey - nothing is my fault, my office do everything and if there is anything untowards it is their fault but 5000 selected people came to hear me recite my poetry after flying in on the Jet and so it should be else what would be the point of me using the jet if no one was there to listen to me

Thats pretty much the gist of what I've got from MDH tonight.

The office holders have little or no say in their travel arrangements.
    As for the presidential allowance. Its to support the performance the office not a brown envelope for the pres !!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,578 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

MDH talks irrelevant rubbish winding down the clock all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

It's OK Joan. We all make mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

No he’s a human thumb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭spurshero

Micheal d is a spoofer . How come he wasn’t asked about tax . Jesus the shinner was made feel like a thief for taking home 47k . Not a word about Micheal d taking home 300 k a year for going to all Ireland finals and tea parties . Rte bias

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Lol. I'm so sorry about that.
    Nobody had a clue what articles are what in the constitution

Advertisement