Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dafuq is this bollox?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

mad muffin wrote: »
    Oh here we go… the bleedin lefties are out in force… :rolleyes:

Round them up into boot camps and detox the **** out of them. They’ll be much better for it and happier.

Sure they won’t be happy going in but they will definitely be happy coming out the other side.

And who's going to pay for that? Are you suggesting John Q. Taxpayer should foot the bill for a glorified hotel?? Bleedin lefties :rolleyes:

We have 30 (thirty) detox beds in the country.
    I know people who were denied methadone in prison, so had to go back on heroin inside.
    I know people whose doctor refuses to decrease their methadone.

There is no appetite for curing this from the govt.
    Give more money to detox beds, and people will be complaining that that money should be going on our waiting list so old people aren't on trolleys in a corridor.
    Open supervised injection centres and we have a whole load of NIMBYism going on.

I swear some people are so blind to the problem that they're happy to keep everything the same.

Things must change. Hopefully we adopt the Portuguese policy soon and all that money wasted on the drug problem by the justice dept gets reallocated to the health dept.

I really don't understand how people can't see that addiction is a health issue, not a justice issue.

We have 30 (thirty) detox beds in the country.
    I know people who were denied methadone in prison, so had to go back on heroin inside.
    I know people whose doctor refuses to decrease their methadone.

There is no appetite for curing this from the govt.
    Give more money to detox beds, and people will be complaining that that money should be going on our waiting list so old people aren't on trolleys in a corridor.
    Open supervised injection centres and we have a whole load of NIMBYism going on.

I swear some people are so blind to the problem that they're happy to keep everything the same.

Things must change. Hopefully we adopt the Portuguese policy soon and all that money wasted on the drug problem by the justice dept gets reallocated to the health dept.

I really don't understand how people can't see that addiction is a health issue, not a justice issue.

The 'war on illegal drugs' is one of the biggest con jobs ever foisted by vested interests on a populace. Take a look at Mexico, the strategy is going fantastically well out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

BoneIdol wrote: »
    Yes, because prohibition has gone so well on a world wide basis. We should go for the American hard **** approach where they have no problems with opiates at all, oh wait.

You can keeping banging your head off the same brick wall or do something different.

?

Opiates are legal though. That’s the worst argument you can make to justify full legalisation.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/13/us-drug-companies-accused-cheerleaders-opioids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

This post has been deleted.

By letting junkies buy off them safe in the knowledge that they can go to a shooting up clinic to take it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

mad muffin wrote: »
    Oh here we go… the bleedin lefties are out in force… :rolleyes:

Round them up into boot camps and detox the **** out of them. They’ll be much better for it and happier.

Sure they won’t be happy going in but they will definitely be happy coming out the other side.

In this make believe world they should simply ban heroin, then the addicts won't be able to get it. End of problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Boards where smoking cigarettes is the same as a heroin addiction and people think we should take lessons from the Chinese government on human rights🀔🀔🀔

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

I cannot believe that a state funded service being run and tendered by the HSE is telling drug users that they "must" buy their drugs from the "kinehans" or the "west dublin crime gang known as the family" or any of the easter european drugs gangs, before they come to the drug injection centre.

And i quote "The Operation Plan states: “Clients have to be possession of their own drugs, obtained elsewhere"

Surely the state should supply clean and verified drugs to these people and treat their addiction like an illness. And assist them in transitioning to methadone or whatever else.

Unbelievable!

Turner wrote: »
    I cannot believe that a state funded service being run and tendered by the HSE is telling drug users that they "must" buy their drugs from the "kinehans" or the "west dublin crime gang known as the family" or any of the easter european drugs gangs, before they come to the drug injection centre.

And i quote "The Operation Plan states: “Clients have to be possession of their own drugs, obtained elsewhere"

Surely the state should supply clean and verified drugs to these people and treat their addiction like an illness. And assist them in transitioning to methadone or whatever else.

Unbelievable!

How do you expect that to go down with people?? “The HSE are buying junkies herion now”, come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

RaichuMGS wrote: »
    How do you expect that to go down with people?? “The HSE are buying junkies herion now”, come on.

Considering the current truth of the matter is "Government forces very lucrative & under-researched market tax-free into the hands of criminal gangs whilst absorbing all health costs!", how much worse could it be?

• Advertisement
Advertisement