Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    I just did a quick google and the only results that come up are from specific websites & blogs that are very clearly leaning in one direction.
    One of said websites was the aforementioned one that has ‘Gerry is a liar’ as a banner on the homepage.

I can’t find any impartial or mainstream news reports, only an article from the Independent in 2007 to say Kate & Gerry were very hurt to see claims from trolls that their friends helped them hide Madeleines corpse in various fridge freezers around the complex before hiring the car 3 weeks later and disposing of her body then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭screamer

Hmmm k lol.

Jees google is there for you to search same as me..... so hmmm on with yourself, if you’re that interested go search. I’m not interested enough to go fire up my laptop to post links that are easily found .....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

screamer wrote: »
    Jees google is there for you to search same as me..... so hmmm on with yourself, if you’re that interested go search. I’m not interested enough to go fire up my laptop to post links that are easily found .....

Any of these?

https://www.google.ie/search?client=safari&hl=en-ie&ei=o_z8XrWYLZOU1fAPxKez-AU&q=gerry+and+kate+bought+fridge&oq=gerry+and+kate+bought+fridge&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEANQ46cCWLawAmD8swJoAHAAeACAAXaIAYYGkgEDNS4zmAEAoAEB&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

screamer wrote: »
    I’ve been reading up a lot today on historical things from this case. Jees all sorts of things I’d forgotten and some I didn’t even know. Fridges being purchased, curtains and soft toys being washed, weird daily blogs since redacted, and God knows what else. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again they made some very bizzare choices for people of almost 40 years of age, and those choices certainly didn’t help them.

Tried looking up the fridge thing, still can’t figure out what, if anything actually happened with a fridge..

Just watched a video on where the apt was in relation to the restaurant...., absolutely no way I’d leave my small children alone that far away.. and with the door unlocked.

They were all doing it and they obviously thought it was ok at the time but.. maybe I’d feel differently if this case never happened but I doubt it.

It’s not like their apt was the far side of the pool, they kind of had to walk out of the complex and the steps to the unlocked door are right at the road...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

When any poster cites claims with "google it" they lose all credence

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Something Else
    When any poster cites claims with "google it" they lose all credence

Reminds me of when Kate and Gerry were on the Late Late and were asked by an audience member what they think happened to Maddie.

“You’ll have to buy the book” and laughing, along with Pat and some audience members. Horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Reminds me of when Kate and Gerry were on the Late Late and were asked by an audience member what they think happened to Maddie.

“You’ll have to buy the book” and laughing, along with Pat and some audience members. Horrific.

Yea that would send chills down your spine, nobody can say that’s just a throw away comment. Just adds to the oddness. Best seller that book too, wonder did the funds go into the search for Madeline or is that all government and donations funded?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭limnam

It would turn your stomach

Do you have a link to this? Only one I can find is with Ryan Tubridy.... cheers.

It sounds awful.. not really sure I want to here it

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

There's a detective involved in the investigation appearing on German crime show tonight to give more details regarding the phone call CB made outside the apartment before madeleine was taken. Will be interesting to see if they release any more details on who he was supposed to have spoken to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭nc6000

The parents did it

When did that happen? Pat Kenny stopped hosting the Late Late in 2009, Ryan Tubridy has been host since then. Kate McCann's book was released in 2012 and the only Late Late appearance I can recall was with Tubridy in 2011.

Here's the link, they didn't take any audience questions :

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2z9ju1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Rock77 wrote: »
    Yeah I hear you and that’s all well and good but it still has to be actual evidence. As in I deleted my phone to clear up storage is not evidence that suggests I disposed of my child’s body

No of course not but that's also my point. This factor taken in complete isolation does not amount to anything. But these factors or occurances are not taken in isolation- it is called an investigation and what is termed 'keeping an open mind'.

The fact he cleared his phone seems just a complete coincidence and there is nothing more to it. For example, if he cleared his phone and further digging brings up a suspect who cleared his mobile phone around the same time or Gerry's mobile number was on it- then that would warrant further investigation back to him. Again may just be conincidence but it woudl be worth looking into. I know that is not what happened here but it just highlights that incidents are not taken in isolation the police look for connections.

It only becomes 'evidence' when a strong enough case (along with other factors/occurances) is built up to bring charges.

Until the day the true events come to light (if ever) then all possibilities are on the table no matter how outlandish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

There's a detective involved in the investigation appearing on German crime show tonight to give more details regarding the phone call CB made outside the apartment before madeleine was taken. Will be interesting to see if they release any more details on who he was supposed to have spoken to

If you have a link that would be great, cheers.

So turns out it’s the Tubridy clip you are talking about. I really hope people go to the effort of looking these things up and not believing what you and the usual suspects say on here..

First of all the question asked was ‘what do you say to the people who say you were involved in some way’

Gerry gives kind of noise of exasperation and a nervous laugh. Then says ‘buy the book’ as in please buy the book it will explain how we couldn’t have been involved.

Tubridy doesn’t laugh, Kate doesn’t laugh, not one audience member laughs.

It certainly wasn’t disgusting or stomach churning as some have suggested.

https://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/madeleine-maddie-mccann-hunderte-hinweise-nach-aktenzeichen-xy-a-a65b9a20-939d-4b32-b7fa-077be6ab8e47

https://mol.im/a/8480137

No of course not but that's also my point. This factor taken in complete isolation does not amount to anything. But these factors or occurances are not taken in isolation- it is called an investigation and what is termed 'keeping an open mind'.

The fact he cleared his phone seems just a complete coincidence and there is nothing more to it. For example, if he cleared his phone and further digging brings up a suspect who cleared his mobile phone around the same time or Gerry's mobile number was on it- then that would warrant further investigation back to him. Again may just be conincidence but it woudl be worth looking into. I know that is not what happened here but it just highlights that incidents are not taken in isolation the police look for connections.

It only becomes 'evidence' when a strong enough case (along with other factors/occurances) is built up to bring charges.

Until the day the true events come to light (if ever) then all possibilities are on the table no matter how outlandish.

Yeah I hear you, but like you said ‘it only becomes evidence when a strong enough case is built up to bring charges.

I was having a debate with a poster that was insinuating there was only evidence against the McCanns and nobody else.

Now, I was trying to argue both ways to show him his mistake.

His evidence that the parents were involved was deleted phone records, inconsistent statements and the dogs.

Firstly i don’t think these things are evidence but for the sake of furthering the debate I let him call them evidence,

I then listed things that point to CB and he said none of it was evidence.

So things as small as deleted phone calls are evidence that the parents were involved in their daughters disappearance!

https://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/madeleine-maddie-mccann-hunderte-hinweise-nach-aktenzeichen-xy-a-a65b9a20-939d-4b32-b7fa-077be6ab8e47

https://mol.im/a/8480137

So turns out it’s the Tubridy clip you are talking about. I really hope people go to the effort of looking these things up and not believing what you and the usual suspects say on here..

First of all the question asked was ‘what do you say to the people who say you were involved in some way’

Gerry gives kind of noise of exasperation and a nervous laugh. Then says ‘buy the book’ as in please buy the book it will explain how we couldn’t have been involved.

Tubridy doesn’t laugh, Kate doesn’t laugh, not one audience member laughs.

It certainly wasn’t disgusting or stomach churning as some have suggested.

You mean that poster has deliberately misconstrued the narrative in order to make the situation look more suspect? Surely not

:eek:

:pac:

You mean that poster has deliberately misconstrued the narrative in order to make the situation look more suspect? Surely not

:eek:

:pac:

Honestly I’m shocked.. it’s ok to have your opinion and be suspicious of the parents but to make stuff up like that is ridiculous, and then you have the usual suspects coming in and backing it up!!

When I seen a couple of people say things like it’s stomach churning I said I better have a look at the clip if it’s that bad.. turns out it couldn’t be further than it was described

Yeah I hear you, but like you said ‘it only becomes evidence when a strong enough case is built up to bring charges.

I was having a debate with a poster that was insinuating there was only evidence against the McCanns and nobody else.

Now, I was trying to argue both ways to show him his mistake.

His evidence that the parents were involved was deleted phone records, inconsistent statements and the dogs.

Firstly i don’t think these things are evidence but for the sake of furthering the debate I let him call them evidence,

I then listed things that point to CB and he said none of it was evidence.

So things as small as deleted phone calls are evidence that the parents were involved in their daughters disappearance!

In the absence of any concrete leads, a body or suspect, the poster needs to bear in mind that the McCanns are the only people actually around for investigating and so every little thing they did around the time is magnified x1000 with all sorts of allegations and theories thrown around. Open season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

... There's a certain subconsciousness with many people that wants the parents to be guilty. And I don't mean in a completely evil way. It's just that it is more sensationalist. i.e. than the more straightforward action of a paedo adducting a child. I don't mean to trivialise the latter by the way, as if its a common occurrence. But the parents being guilty adds a dramatic "twist" to the whole episode. ...

I think there may also be a certain amount of self reassuring wishful thinking in it too.

After all if the parents did it and I know I couldn't do something like that then my children are safe, aren't they? But if it was some random opportunist fiend then my children aren't safe if they're out of my sight for a second.

In the absence of anything else it is up to the McCann's to prove they didnt do it.

In the absence of anything else it is up to the McCann's to prove they didnt do it.

Really?? I would have thought that it’s never up to someone to prove they didn’t do something..

Yes they were responsible for the children and yes they failed to care properly for them.

Like what exactly to they have to prove they didn’t do?

Something Else
    Do you have a link to this? Only one I can find is with Ryan Tubridy.... cheers.

It sounds awful.. not really sure I want to here it

Sorry, it was Tubridy. There was a thread about it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2056260805

From comment 1314 they talk about it. I'd misremembered the context and question.

"Ryan: "There are people that think you have something to do with the disappearance, what do you say to them???

Gerry: "Read the book"."

Something Else

How do they know he made a phone call outside he apartment??

Something Else
    nc6000 wrote: »
    When did that happen? Pat Kenny stopped hosting the Late Late in 2009, Ryan Tubridy has been host since then. Kate McCann's book was released in 2012 and the only Late Late appearance I can recall was with Tubridy in 2011.

Here's the link, they didn't take any audience questions :

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2z9ju1

Sorry, that was me going from memory. It was Tubridy. 13/05/2011

Something Else

It would seem a complete coincidence, however neither him nor Kate cleared their phones. They deleted specific numbers and calls.

"Brueckner had made a 30-minute call to a phone registered to a man named Diogo Silva just an hour before McCann disappeared.

Prosecutors have since traced the phone used by Brueckner, claiming it connected to the mast owned by the resort complex where the McCanns were staying."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12344161

"Brueckner had made a 30-minute call to a phone registered to a man named Diogo Silva just an hour before McCann disappeared.

Prosecutors have since traced the phone used by Brueckner, claiming it connected to the mast owned by the resort complex where the McCanns were staying."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12344161

• Advertisement

Sorry, it was Tubridy. There was a thread about it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2056260805

From comment 1314 they talk about it. I'd misremembered the context and question.

"Ryan: "There are people that think you have something to do with the disappearance, what do you say to them???

Gerry: "Read the book"."

You “misremembered” the whole thing, from the host to the question to the people laughing. But sure it’s not like being accurate about things is important or anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement