Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Quick question for you all on servicing. I have a 2017 that has just over 100k miles on it. My local mitsubishi dealer has closed up and the nearest one is 40 mins away - is it wise to make the trip and still get it serviced in a main dealer? Or can any independent mechanic perform a service?

I'd be wary of throwing it into an independent garage tbh due to it being hybrid but not sure if it makes a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

Purely for peace of mind I'd go to the Main dealer. I bought mine from a car supermarket place who's garage offered the full service, and had serviced it fully they said before they delivered it to me.

However the dealer service revealed some brake & motor mount issues that should have been spotted the year before, & an advisory given. However I fear they were focused on the "engine" rather than the drivetrain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eyeou

Hi all,

I have git 2020 Model PHEV my touch screen digitizer is getting funny not corresponds back

Anyone of you had replaced touch screen digitizer through car dealer if yes is it cover by warranty still.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Seemingly it's a common problem for that year, there is also a backlog. Complain and in the meantime check this out.

Is this the start of Mitsu washing its hands of all responsibility where it no longer markets?

• Advertisement

It could be, the guy in the video said there is a backlog, could be just a crappy design, all failing at the one time and slow to replace, shame really, I liked the outlander, they were slow to improve range, slow to update the design, its the same model for how long? It also had the BMS problem.

I would buy the 14, kWh version even with Mitsubishi gone, at the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I said this when Mitsubishi announced their withdrawal. People will start to have real trouble getting parts, or warranty claims sorted. I would steer clear of them now, especially the outlander phev which I really liked and was considering buying back in 2017. Too much chance there will be an issue that will take ages to be resolved, if ever. Real world range is in EV mode is also sh1te.

Stay Free

We were promised that one of the other big 3 would take over that end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

This promise will be worth the paper it's written on

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Sparkey84

hiya guys thanks in advance to anybody that may be able to help me out. I have a 2015 outlander phev with 100k miles on it. last couple of days charging became intermittent, we are using a type1 plug granny cable. I have no idea if the problem is the charger or the car (really hoping charger)

long story short I only know people with type 2 plugs. could I ask is there anybody anyway local to wexford that would allow me to use there type 1 charger for 5 min? just to confirm problem not the car. or indeed if anybody could advise if there a type one charger available publicly anywhere. thanks.

• Advertisement

A common problem with the granny charger is a wire breaking on the 3 pin plug side, you will notice it if its plugged into the socket and powered up, move the cable or the granny charger, it breaks contact and powers down, depending on granny charger its a easy fix IMO, open it, cut back the cable on the 3 pin plug side and reconnect, the original Mitsubishi charger is held together by screws, but I have seen other types welded, which are impossible to open,

Try that for now.

Where in Wexford are you?

Post edited by kanuseeme on

Another weakness in the granny charger is if you don't hang up the transformer part, instead leaving it hang from the cable plugged into the wall socket, it will disconnect inside the charger part.

Put a hook near the place you plug it in, and support the charger from this hook, and not the plug. There's a cord at that end for this exact purpose.

When I start the car I'm getting a message on the dash saying "minor maintenance required" or something similar. Its only when I start, and then it disappears. Its less than year since a major service and about 8000 miles. I'm not at the service interval yet. What is this message for?

Exactly.

Its gone in seconds and there are no other warning lights once it goes out.

Its 2.5 years since I drove the outlander, and when you asked about it first, it seemed like something I saw also, I cannot say for sure, but maybe its just the computer cycling through start up?

Anyway if it comes on permanently you can reset it,

Routine maintenance does not sound so bad, as in its ''routine'', I once got a EV system service required from a faulty Ecars charger, I nearly had a brick, turned the car off and on, all was good,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

It’s just the regular service notification, not all independent garages reset it at service time.

Strangely they reset the service interval,(12 months ago) but that message is coming up. I haven't reached the next service notification yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭iniall

Same thing happened to me after my last service. It seems the service interval warning message is set in 6-month intervals, so it came on 6 months after the last service as I guess the garage had only hit it once instead of twice. It's easy enough to turn it off/set it for another 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Re Screen digitizer.

Mine (212 reg) has gone funny last few weeks. Left side not working at all and has started ringing people on its own when I have it connected to Android Auto, which makes it fairly useless.

Car only going for its second service next week and garage say they've been waiting 3 months for a similar part on another car. Really annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If I remember it correctly It's just a reminder on a timer. It's to remind you to do a "routine check". Oil, water, coolant, tyre pressure etc. You don't have to do anything with the garage.

Post edited by Grumpypants on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Screen changed today. 3 weeks from dealer ordering to it being replaced.

Happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mtols

Not a question, just FYI.

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, had NCT due today and last Sunday started getting errors on the display relating to the parking sensors: "UMS (Front) Service Required". So no time to get it seen to or sorted so just did the NCT anyways. Result = passed, told the NCT guy that there was an issue with the parking sensors and he said it shouldn't matter. I would have assumed that if the car is reporting ANY errors that would be an automatic NCT fail but apparently not.

NCT For the Outlander kinda stops after the visual inspection,Lights etc then continues when they get it on the scissors lift. Mine passed last time, and within a week I got the rear brake recall where it turned out both my rear calipers were seized. I had zero handbrake and it passed. (I didn't notice because Lockdowns).

Its a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Have deleted this as got appointment with Garage tomorrow so will share full story afterwards

Post edited by PEACEBROTHER on

How are people finding a 2019+ 2.4 model of these? Thinking of getting one of these or an EV after xmas, I do mostly small trips around town but monthly a 300km round trip and I have charging available at that location. Would need to get a charger installed on the house.

Love the space it provides and think it looks quite smart, but some EV's looking at such as the Ioniq 38kwh are stated to have 300kms range where as I understand this to have 50km?

I had a 2015 2 l, since sold, I was thinking about getting one early in the new year also.

Expect 30 to 40 km, depending on driving style.

My car used to do 7l/100km petrol only, your 300km trip would with 2 charges would be around 5l/100km, I forget how much kwh per 100 km, 22 or 24 kwhs maybe.

Its the over all average thats important, do another 300km around town and your 300km trip your monthly average is down to 2.5l/100km + electricity (112mpg).

Nether EV or Phev will do stated range unless you drive very carefully.

Best of luck.

The difference between the 2015 and 2019 (apart from engine) is you can force EV only, and heating is electric in the latter, meaning you'll use more battery but less petrol in winter.

I'd love to have a 2.4L for a year to compare with my 2L on all-round consumption. I'm between 37mpg in winter to 65mpg in summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Do all of these have the removal tow bar or does it depend on spec / extras?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Not as standard. Tow bars are an option, for about an extra €350, plus labour.

Advertisement