Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Paully D wrote: »
    What a sad little parasite MacKenna is. Happy enough to make a few quid from the name of someone who he supposedly can’t stand :rolleyes:

What are the odds on this being conveniently timed for release during the week of McGregor’s next fight?

Spewan is a vile individual.
    Should get no publicity, especially on an MMA forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Spewan is a vile individual.
    Should get no publicity, especially on an MMA forum.

He's a massive hypocrite aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

It will be nigh on impossible to put out a book like that without it containing something libelous. Chances are, all profits will end up in McGregors pocket.

I’d be surprised if it’s ever seen on shelves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I see in the paper that Conor will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tomorrow night. The whiskey seems to be doing very well over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I think the personal/medical issues that Ferguson is having right now will increase the chances of Khabib x Mcgregor II happening straight away. Part of the lure and attraction of Conor is his ability to overcome a seemingly impossible obstacle and this plays right into that. And he still is the only fighter that can sell the high ppv’s. This fight will break the records set in ufc229 if its marketed correctly in the lead-up. They are both training a lot these days. When can both fight when suspensions end??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I think the personal/medical issues that Ferguson is having right now will increase the chances of Khabib x Mcgregor II happening straight away. Part of the lure and attraction of Conor is his ability to overcome a seemingly impossible obstacle and this plays right into that. And he still is the only fighter that can sell the high ppv’s. This fight will break the records set in ufc229 if its marketed correctly in the lead-up. They are both training a lot these days. When can both fight when suspensions end??

The lure of McGregor was that he could follow up his talk with action. When he said he was gonna knock someone out, he did.

Now the lure of McGregor is seeing him tap out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Pussyhands wrote: »
    The lure of McGregor was that he could follow up his talk with action. When he said he was gonna knock someone out, he did.

Now the lure of McGregor is seeing him tap out.

Still enough to lure you in here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

how.gareth wrote: »
    Still enough to lure you in here

Yeah? What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Yeah? What's your point?

Say his point is you contribute nothing here and just try to troll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

mdwexford wrote: »
    Say his point is you contribute nothing here and just try to troll.

His username really checks out.

There are talks of Khabib headlining a PPV in Abu Dhabi in September so who knows how that plays out.

Conor v Pettis for IFW would be a banger. One of the original names mentioned for 196. Always wanted to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

One thing running through my mind watching the fights this weekend (Pettis KO aside), was when the hell is Conor coming back!?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

One thing running through my mind watching the fights this weekend (Pettis KO aside), was when the hell is Conor coming back!?

Love this, it's like you were worrying all night, took a break to appreciate the KO on the main card, then back to worrying :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

D'Agger wrote: »
    Love this, it's like you were worrying all night, took a break to appreciate the KO on the main card, then back to worrying :pac:

Ha ha! Exactly man.
    Love him or hate, you couldn't label a single one of Conor's fights as boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Who did he beat at ww?

Diaz

It was at 170 so classed as a ww win before someone says "He WaSnT a WeLtErWeIgHt tHoUgH"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Who did he beat at ww?

Diaz. Who isnt a ww.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

rob316 wrote: »
    Diaz. Who isnt a ww.

He was in that fight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I thought he beat Diaz at LW not WW... Ah well. Seems like a lifetime ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rob316 wrote: »
    Diaz. Who isnt a ww.
    Diaz is (or was) a LW. But, at that point in time he couldn't make 155 lbs.
    So he wasn't a LW for that fight.

If a different situation to when two fighters can make the weight, but just agree to fight up a division without a weight cut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Conor's interview with Jimmy Fallon. He has also "retired" again, I wonder if he will get as much attention as the last time he "retired".

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1110410797925175296

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Conor McGregor
    @TheNotoriousMMA
    Hey guys quick announcement, I’ve decided to retire from the sport formally known as “Mixed Martial Art” today.
    I wish all my old colleagues well going forward in competition.
    I now join my former partners on this venture, already in retirement.
    Proper Pina Coladas on me fellas!
    5:18 AM · Mar 26,

Wouldn't be surprised if its true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

thanks for the cheese..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

He said in his interview with jimmy fallon he was hoping to fight in July, hes prob just pissed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    He said in his interview with jimmy fallon he was hoping to fight in July, hes prob just pissed.
    you'd hope he'd fight at some point this year

its mad though, whatever way you look at him, you strip away the beard and he still looks like that young kid from crumlin...

remember the waxwork that looked nothing like him, just stick up that kid from crumlin and put a beard on him and you've got the McGregor that we all know and love

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

News reports on internet, most replies consi
    st of noone caring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

All the clickbating websites trying to get there advertising revenue up on this today! Joe.ie will milk this! It’s only 7am and I’m already saying that’s enough internet today....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭RoryMac

dave1982 wrote: »
    News reports on internet, most replies consi
    st of noone caring

Doubt anyone apart from Joe.ie think he's actually retiring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BigPoppaDump

After the pasting he got from Kabib it's not surprising if it's true. He is now in a position that he can make millions and not have to get his head kicked in. He had a unique opportunity to go down as one of the greatest sportsmen that the country ever produced but instead he is just a caricature. He could do with taking some PR lessons from Katie Taylor about how to carry oneself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Can we move this thread to Celebrity & Showbiz now, let's get back to normal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement