Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Complete nonsense. Rogan raves about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭pgj2015

don't believe everything you hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

You literally just said "listen to his podcasts" so I'm a bit confused. Am I supposed to listen but not hear? Or vice versa?

Maybe I'll try some DMT and I'll be enlightened to some subliminal messaging in the podcasts?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

pgj2015 wrote: »
    if you listen to his podcasts enough you will get what im saying.

I'm a regular listener. I have no idea why you think what you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭pgj2015

its just like how you know someone is lying to your face even though they are telling you something else.

it will all come out in a few years when mcgregor is locked up in prison and broke and no longer relevant to the UFC.

• Advertisement

I'd kind of be in agreement with pgj2015..McG isn't what Rogan likes in a fighter..Although, he does often say he respects him etc, don't know if it rings true..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

yeah now that you say it it makes sense.

Joe gives off a funny vibe about McGregor but he has enough sense not to get in an argument with him or run down the UFC's biggest star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Loves the fighter doesn't like the man or antics probably, like a lot of us

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

Autecher wrote: »
    Some recent quotes from that McGregor Q&A thingy.

On the Khabib fight and possible rematch:

"It’s easy to do this once, okay. It’s easy for someone to be given something and to just do it one time. You put your absolute all into it. But to do it time after time, year after year, that’s when the motivation kind of dips.
    That’s when the dedication kind of lacks and that’s when people creep up. That’s what I feel kind of happened here. I didn’t give him his respect, I marched forward and got caught with that overhand right.
    If I had switched on I would not get caught with that overhand in any form of combat. I am very confident, very eager and very much in shape. I’ve got to respect that. He’s a formidable opponent. He’s wrestled bears as a kid, put a lot of time in his standup. He was a lot sharper than I anticipated he was going to be, so I have to respect that. It was his big moment. If there is dispute, there must be a rematch. There was a dispute in my last one. I slapped his brother and his cousin around at the top of the cage. This is not over. So there is dispute and there has got to be rematch".

On Joe Rogan:

"He’s a great man, he’s got a great following, he’s got crazy insight, gets great guests, maybe at some stage of the game I’ll be on his podcast, who knows. I’d like him to call a fight how he sees it correctly, instead of reading off a script though. The Diaz rematch it was like he was reading a script from the first fight and that last one, he was talking about my face was being smashed in. I left that Octagon with a black eye, the same way his two rat cousins left with. His brother and his cousin left the Octagon with a black eye, so what is he [Rogan] talking about? But maybe one day I’ll be a guest on his podcast.”

what q&a thingy? source please? tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

HattrickNZ wrote: »
    what q&a thingy? source please? tks
    I think he was promoting his whiskey in a bar and it ended up being an impromptu q&a, he just got on the bar and started talking. Here is a youtube clip and the twitter account of the guy who filmed it, there are more clips there.
    https://twitter.com/MP2310

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

In that clip above Conor criticises Khabib for shooting after he hit Conor with the overhand in round 2. He acknowledges that Khabib threw the knee but then shot. Nothing new of course he's said it before but I cringed at one of the "fans" gathered there who replied with "Khabib is a p***y dude, he's a coward".

That is as cringy as it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Autecher wrote: »
    In that clip above Conor criticises Khabib for shooting after he hit Conor with the overhand in round 2. He acknowledges that Khabib threw the knee but then shot. Nothing new of course he's said it before but I cringed at one of the "fans" gathered there who replied with "Khabib is a p***y dude, he's a coward".

That is as cringy as it gets.

Sure McGregor was grabbing onto the cage like a pussy all fight :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

You literally just said "listen to his podcasts" so I'm a bit confused. Am I supposed to listen but not hear? Or vice versa?

Maybe I'll try some DMT and I'll be enlightened to some subliminal messaging in the podcasts?

id love to try that DMT, sounds like serious stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

That reply in relation to Khabib nearly knocking him out with that overhand right is so pathetic, it confirms to me that McGregor has no chance of ever beating Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

That reply in relation to Khabib nearly knocking him out with that overhand right is so pathetic, it confirms to me that McGregor has no chance of ever beating Khabib.

I'm not a fan of COnor but that punch did not "nearly " knock him out, it knocked him over, he was full lucid the whole time,

He didn't go limp, he didn't just dropped, he went backwards and was ready to move the second his bum hit the ground, and looking at Khabib the whole time ,

A good hard shot , he didn't see coming that made him lose his footing , it was never close to turning his lights off,

Even when he got up he had his legs underneath him, he wasn't on drunk jelly legs you see when someone nearly gets ko'd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I'm not a fan of COnor but that punch did not "nearly " knock him out, it knocked him over, he was full lucid the whole time,

He didn't go limp, he didn't just dropped, he went backwards and was ready to move the second his bum hit the ground, and looking at Khabib the whole time ,

A good hard shot , he didn't see coming that made him lose his footing , it was never close to turning his lights off,

Even when he got up he had his legs underneath him, he wasn't on drunk jelly legs you see when someone nearly gets ko'd

You don't have to be showing any of those signs and can still be hurt or compromised. McGregor has now said a few times that that single punch changed the course of the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

One thing about Conor is he has a chin on him, that was a bazooka Khabib hit him with and he fired back straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

I mean if he fights him like he fought Alvarez instead of chasing him around hunched over he'd have a good chance. People are so ****ing reactionary lmao.

In other news, apparently Audie told some paper that they are in negotiations for McGregor v Masvidal for July https://twitter.com/fistsandfatlips/status/1109136208658120704?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Raekwondo wrote: »
    I mean if he fights him like he fought Alvarez instead of chasing him around hunched over he'd have a good chance. People are so ****ing reactionary lmao.

In other news, apparently Audie told some paper that they are in negotiations for McGregor v Masvidal for July https://twitter.com/fistsandfatlips/status/1109136208658120704?s=21

Come on... why would Conor even consider fighting someone who just flatlined a huge 170lber. He's going to take the lowest risk biggest reward fight. Either Khabib, Nate or maybe Max if he beats Poirier. Why would his manager even speak to the irishtimes, a website which always posts negative articles on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Absolutely no chance Conor will fight Masvidal, bet he'll fight the winner of Max Poirier

Ariel says no truth to the Masvidal talks and the hope is to get the Diaz 3 fight for International Fight Week.

https://twitter.com/ewanmackenna/status/1109474680497299456?s=21

What a sad little parasite MacKenna is. Happy enough to make a few quid from the name of someone who he supposedly can’t stand :rolleyes:

What are the odds on this being conveniently timed for release during the week of McGregor’s next fight?

Paully D wrote: »

What a sad little parasite MacKenna is. Happy enough to make a few quid from the name of someone who he supposedly can’t stand :rolleyes:

What are the odds on this being conveniently timed for release during the week of McGregor’s next fight?

He already has it planned lol
    https://twitter.com/EwanMacKenna/status/1109492710438780933

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

But we’ll all read it though

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Looks like a great read!

goon_magee wrote: »
    Looks like a great read!

Based on what? The 13 word heading provided or the red Bic pen?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Based on what? The 13 word heading provided or the red Bic pen?

All of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Haha isn't Wright Thompson that writer who said that McGregor comes from a land where you'd leave your girlfriend at the bus stop instead of walking her home because Dublin is too dangerous? Sounded like fantasy stuff of someone who's never been here before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Haha isn't Wright Thompson that writer who said that McGregor comes from a land where you'd leave your girlfriend at the bus stop instead of walking her home because Dublin is too dangerous? Sounded like fantasy stuff of someone who's never been here before.

The very same, in fairly sure what McKenna's writing will be borderline fiction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement