Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,119 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's a pathetic joke on McGregor's part. Trying to claim he somehow redeems his smashing with the supposed last punch in a post-it fight brawl?
    I don't see where he claimed the post fight brawl nullified the actually fight between the bells.
    He's just needling the guy.

People spend all their time calling Conor "McTapper" and other cringy nonsense as all wind him up (even though he'll never see it). But if winds people up suddenly he's delusional. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I didn't say that it was the first time.

Seems worse this time.

Social media presence is withdrawn and mostly pr-team retweets of people who profess to like the whisky

Given that it was formerly full of bravado and bluster it's telling

Things don't seem to be right on the home front compared to social media there also

Kavanagh and him in a totally different space to before also

Going into stories would just be "show me the video" or it didn't happen type responses on here so that's a pointless avenue to go down.

So McG was the catalyst for you coming back from an 8 year absence from boards?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 mistearious

So McG was the catalyst for you coming back from an 8 year absence from boards?

really poor argumentation skills right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

sc86 wrote: »
    any more inside info for us ? is he in dee bad books or are they cool?

Ah jaysus christ lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Just to get thread back on track. Mcgreror is greatest ever, he does not have to defend titles. He won 3rd round of khabib fight ffs

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 3 Federal Reserve Meeting

Absolutely cringe worthy. The lad got spanked during the fight and then again after it. Take your punishment you weasel.

Why are you so bitter? Get yourself a sense of humour.

McGregor was beaten fair and square, you seem more disturbed by that than anyone else.

Mellor wrote: »
    I don't see where he claimed the post fight brawl nullified the actually fight between the bells.
    He's just needling the guy.

I didn't say that it was nullifying the fight.

I said claim to some sort (somehow) of redemption.

my point is that it's not even credible as a joke.

Nothing is credible as a joke to a brain dead fool with no sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,119 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

In order for redemption. He'd have to nullify, counter, equal, redeem, or cancel out the fight in some regard. He didn't. And it's fairly unreasonable to think he's actually saying he did.
    It's not credible redemption of the fight.
    But It doesn't need to be, to be a joke.
    In fact, if it were redemption, it wouldn't be at joke at all.

Nothing is credible as a joke to a brain dead fool with no sense of humour.

oh I find it funny alright - funny that McGregor is reaching so much to try to deflect from / pull something out of the smashing he took.

• Advertisement

oh I find it funny alright - funny that McGregor is reaching so much to try to deflect from / pull something out of the smashing he took.

You're projecting, maybe that's what you's want to do. Other people can crack jokes and not take the world too seriously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Why are you so bitter? Get yourself a sense of humour.

McGregor was beaten fair and square, you seem more disturbed by that than anyone else.

On the advice of a Mod I won’t respond but In a few days I’ll respond to this post with proof (not WhatsApp) and then let’s see you squirm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

So much nonsense written here and elsewhere about McGregor. Read a post on an American forum that he was on the lash right after the Khabib fight, yet a week or so later he was clearly on TV before the Dallas Cowboys game. I'd believe maybe 10% of the rumours...if even that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

So much nonsense written here and elsewhere about McGregor. Read a post on an American forum that he was on the lash right after the Khabib fight, yet a week or so later he was clearly on TV before the Dallas Cowboys game. I'd believe maybe 10% of the rumours...if even that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

the entire 116 pages is nonsense
    its a long time since there was proper conversation
    mostly because he doesnt really fight anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

the entire 116 pages is nonsense
    its a long time since there was proper conversation
    mostly because he doesnt really fight anymore

Wanna talk about whisky?

Rory28 wrote: »
    Wanna talk about whisky?

excellent , or mayby his new suit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

On the advice of a Mod I won’t respond but In a few days I’ll respond to this post with proof (not WhatsApp) and then let’s see you squirm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Read a post on an American forum that he was on the lash right after the Khabib fight, yet a week or so later he was clearly on TV before the Dallas Cowboys game.

I'm sure he's well able to go on the lash and show up to a footie game a week later. Even I could manage that, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

excellent , or mayby his new suit ?

Well if we are talking whisky then Jameson is your man and I won't be paying for one of his suits as I am broke. Have you tried that proper 12 yet? I have not

• Advertisement

The only people that seem to like the whiskey are McNugget/McTapper fanboys.
    You can get better whiskey for much lower price. Or a much better whiskey for the same price.

Effects wrote: »
    You can get better whiskey for much lower price. Or a much better whiskey for the same price.

think in reality no mma fans really care about his whiskey , just his fighting

Effects wrote: »

it's supposed to be pretty poor by all accounts.

I'd only try it if it was free lol.

if you want a decent whisky for cheaper the other bushmills -> black bush is a good choice imo

some say that the proper 12 stuff might be ok for mixing but any piss of a whisky could be used for mixing really

I suppose that it sold well on the initial rush to the fanboys - I wonder if sales will hold up after they have actually tried it.

Are the Kanye white t-shirts worth as much as they're priced at?

It's a product, he's picked his market, and and that's who it's aimed at.

Sell the dream. Talk the talk. It's got him this far.

Are the Kanye white t-shirts worth as much as they're priced at?

It's a product, he's picked his market, and and that's who it's aimed at.

yes fair enough - will be interested to see if it holds its own over a period of time as I said.

Well he also walked the walk to be fair.

The whiskey hasn't won any belts yet, let alone defended one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

My god what kinda of nonsense am I after reading.. Its a joke. Remember he did the same kind of post after knocking out Aldo, on about if john McCarthy was a second attacker he was getting it too. Some laugh off it. How someone can get worked up ranting for 2 pages over that is beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Don't think anyone here would accuse me of being a McGregor fanboy but I thought that was pretty funny. Some of his best work for a while.

Don't think anyone here would accuse me of being a McGregor fanboy but I thought that was pretty funny. Some of his best work for a while.

Shows that he's rewatching the aftermath of the fight though.

I'd rather see him reflect on fight itself, and own it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

All these jokes, smart comments from Mcgregor seem a bit hollow now after his pretty poor performance overall against Khabib. Instead of getting his head down and working harder to improve himself, he seems to just be interested in promoting himself.

I never liked him to be honest but I did respect what he achieved but he seems to be very lost at the moment. Caught up in making money instead of being the kind of man people fell in love with in the first place.

I think his own self belief, pride & arrogance has in a way been one of his greatest strengths but also one of his greatest weaknesses. His inability to listen and take proper advice from the right people around him has led him down a path of self destruction & after all, he is still a fairly young man at 30. To be honest, in a number of ways, he seems actually quite immature both emotionally & professionally. Yes, he has made a lot of money but I think its gone to his head and I think it will lead him down a road where he will regret it forever.

He seems to be lacking any sort of role model in his life & looking at his pops sometimes, its no surprise he has gone the way he has.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement