Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Rory28 wrote: »
    Of course it will. You think completely changing how the welfare system operates won't impinge on the decent ones? They will now need to go to the approved food banks to collect their rations. No more socializing tho. Cant have a drink out of those rations.

The sh1t you are peddling belongs in Soviet Russia.
    We don’t owe anyone drinks funded by what we’re taxed, gtfo with that. I can barely afford my own drinks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Of course it will. You think completely changing how the welfare system operates won't impinge on the decent ones? They will now need to go to the approved food banks to collect their rations. No more socializing tho. Cant have a drink out of those rations.

If I can;t afford a few gargles after work on my salary why the f*** should the likes of Cash and her workshy ilk ??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,334 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the only one who has mentioned food banks is you. get away with your strawman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Why did you remove your thanks when you were called out on it? And if it wasn’t posted by the most left poster on boards.ie I might believe it was satire but that poster has practically got levoscoliosis he’s bent that far left

Had to google that.
    Its a thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They don't need drinks really, they have so much drugs that are selling them off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

the only one who has mentioned food banks is you. get away with your strawman.

So the alternative is to force Supervalu, Tesco and the rest to comply with these food accounts. How in the name fcuk do we do that?

I completely get the hate for Margaret but what you people want will affect all us if we ever lose our jobs. Not everyone on the welfare is Margaret.

So the alternative is to force Supervalu, Tesco and the rest to comply with these food accounts. How in the name fcuk do we do that?

I completely get the hate for Margaret but what you people want will affect all us if we ever lose our jobs. Not everyone on the welfare is Margaret.

We turn the PSC into a debit card.

Instead of cash, welfare is given on a debit card that can be used in any supermarket but can’t be used to buy lotto cigarettes or alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Yeah, because that's their only source of income.

We turn the PSC into a debit card.
    Instead of cash, welfare is given on a debit card that can be used in any supermarket but can’t be used to buy lotto cigarettes or alcohol.

You are only going to catch the decent ones here. Margaret cash and co have more than one income. That is why we see them driving around in Mercs and the like. The guy or girl who lost their job and is searching for a new one won't have this second income.

• Advertisement

You are only going to catch the decent ones here. Margaret cash and co have more than one income. That is why we see them driving around in Mercs and the like. The guy or girl who lost their job and is searching for a new one won't have this second income.

Does she drive around in a merc? dont think i've seen those pics. Any decent people wont be put out. I wouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I would only want such a regime imposed on the long term unemployed, the career dole heads, to make them accountable.
    I wouldn't want anyone with a disability, down on their luck & out of a job, carers etc. to have to use stamps/vouchers. There is no need as they aren't taking advantage.

I just believe that if you sustain your lifestyle over a large number of years on handouts from social welfare, you should have to justify your expenses.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I would only want such a regime imposed on the long term unemployed, the career dole heads, to make them accountable.
    I wouldn't want anyone with a disability, down on their luck & out of a job, carers etc. to have to use stamps/vouchers. There is no need as they aren't taking advantage.

I just believe that if you sustain your lifestyle over a large number of years on handouts from social welfare, you should have to justify your expenses.

No issue with this at all. If they refuse training or are not actively seeking employment then completely agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Didn't Centra start doing a scheme for students where parents could top up a card an they can use it in store but can't be spent on alcohol or cigarettes

Something similar to that should be in place for the freeloaders

If someone has paid prsi and has stamps then they should collect their payment as usual. Does it not strike you as odd that the jsa and jcb are exactly the same??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

Shops want business. Thats there raisondetre.
    You will get your goods in the same shop just the state will pay the shop direct. You are not entitled to alcohol paid for from the public purse.

You havent found one argument against this.
    Just some drama about sickness and Soviet Union. Perhaps it suits you the current system is so scamable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

then you would surely know that contacting your td and raising issues at election time, are ways that are likely to bring about changes

I surely know that TD's will be well aware of the hassle Phil Hogan got when he represented his constituents as they wished, in relation to Travellers.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/traveller-in-phil-hogan-row-was-convicted-of-stealing-cash-28817253.html
    THE Traveller at the centre of the Phil Hogan letter row appeared in court in recent weeks on theft charges.

Patrick Carthy (32) was given 12 months' probation for taking cash from a garden centre on the Callan Road in Kilkenny.

He was also fined earlier this year for trespassing on a property and driving an animal-drawn vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.

And court records show at least two further convictions in the last seven years.

Mr Carthy has been at the centre of a storm of controversy after it emerged the Environment Minister wrote to constituents just outside Kilkenny city to say that the Carthy family "will not be allocated the house in your area".

In the letter, he told locals in Bonnettstown he was "glad to be of assistance in this matter".

Shops want business. Thats there raisondetre.
    You will get your goods in the same shop just the state will pay the shop direct. You are not entitled to alcohol paid for from the public purse.

You havent found one argument against this.
    Just some drama about sickness and Soviet Union. Perhaps it suits you the current system is so scamable.

Not at all. I am thankfully employed but I remember the crash. 2 years I was out of work and if I had to do that again but under your new rules I'd sooner throw myself off a bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,035 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

EOTR, I'd like to hear your suggestions on how to deal with this crisis, that doesn't involve throwing even more money at them.
    What do you suggest to improve the current situation?

properly fund the gardai, properly fund cab. fund wellfare inspectors.

sure, but as has been already pointed out, people like miss cash have other incomes.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,417 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

gwalk wrote: »
    Didn't Centra start doing a scheme for students where parents could top up a card an they can use it in store but can't be spent on alcohol or cigarettes

Something similar to that should be in place for the freeloaders

I think it was Super-Valu(which is basically the same) but I was inder the impression you could spend the money on anything. I don't think it was overly successful because I haven't heard much about it.

• Advertisement

throw myself off a bridge.

I hope you never have real problems.

Have you ever been on the welfare?

Also, 2 years out of work was a real problem.

Have you ever been on the welfare?

That you think being on welfare is in the neighbourhood of a real problem. You havent a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,390 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I think foodstamps is a step too far for Ireland at this point in time.

However, a significant reduction in child benefit for newborns to be replaced by the following system which would pay for their needs as children:

- extra paid maternity and paternity leave
    - paid childcare for working parents
    - one-year of pre-school for children as at present, with meals provided and childcare for working parents
    - free school uniforms and free school books for all children
    - meals at school for all children and afterschool childcare for working parents
    - 1 sports membership fee for all children
    - no exam fees for Leaving Cert etc.

etc.

This would ensure that child benefit isn't spent on skiing holidays, or injected or drank down the pub. Instead, a reduced child benefit payment would be paid to cover the much smaller costs left.

Existing recipients could keep their existing level of child benefit and this could apply to children born next year.

That you think being on welfare is in the neighbourhood of a real problem. You havent a clue.

That you think you have a clue about me or the problems I faced during those years and after shows you dont have a clue about anything least of all how our welfare system should be run.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Miriam O'Callaghan. Another enemy of the ordinary working person. Remember these people.

http://www.thejournal.ie/margaret-cash-accommodation-4184113-Aug2018/?amp=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Miriam O'Callaghan. Another enemy of the ordinary working person. Remember these people.

http://www.thejournal.ie/margaret-cash-accommodation-4184113-Aug2018/?amp=1

Maybe she was asking Miriam to contact her local brother TD, for her.

That's how all problems can be easlily resolved in this great little country, dontchaknow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Maybe she was asking Miriam to contact her local brother TD, for her.

That's how all problems can be easlily resolved in this great little country, dontchaknow ?

Ya Probably

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

I think it was Super-Valu(which is basically the same) but I was inder the impression you could spend the money on anything. I don't think it was overly successful because I haven't heard much about it.

No centra

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement