Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

I dont think Michael D is a liar either.

Well did he object to the halting site at the end of his road then? He claimed he did not. Casey is saying he did and it is on record. Let's see

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Fail for Joan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭autumn2018

tretorn wrote: »
    The general public have no idea of the vast amount of taxpayers money supporting the traveller lifestyle. You would have to work in a local authority traveller accommodation department to witness the vandalism, the theft, the women and child abuse, the animal abuse, the prison revolving doors, it goes on and on.
    There are so many expensive plans drawn up to house travellers and so little progress made, the only areas where traveller accommodation gets built is in disadvantaged areas. People with clout and influence just frustrate and block plans because once a halting site is mentioned house prices fall immediately.
    Being on the end of a phone listening to decent people complaining about traveller behaviour is heartbreaking, there is very little officials can do and officials are intimidated themselves.
    Peter Casey is getting my vote. Travelling gangs are terrorising rural communities, the Gardai know this and the media know it and yet both collude to not identify where these thugs travel from, halting sites in Dublin usually.
    It would make you sick and it’s not as if these travellers don’t get enough State funding to live on.
    And, no, It wouldn’t be possible for me to care less about the high suicide rate, if the traveller lifestyle is that depressing then do something about it.

can you imagine if ISIS got a stronghold in this country,

who would sell them guns and pipebombs
    oh i wonder
    :mad:

The general public have no idea of the vast amount of taxpayers money supporting the traveller lifestyle. You would have to work in a local authority traveller accommodation department to witness the vandalism, the theft, the women and child abuse, the animal abuse, the prison revolving doors, it goes on and on.
    There are so many expensive plans drawn up to house travellers and so little progress made, the only areas where traveller accommodation gets built is in disadvantaged areas. People with clout and influence just frustrate and block plans because once a halting site is mentioned house prices fall immediately.
    Being on the end of a phone listening to decent people complaining about traveller behaviour is heartbreaking, there is very little officials can do and officials are intimidated themselves.
    Peter Casey is getting my vote. Travelling gangs are terrorising rural communities, the Gardai know this and the media know it and yet both collude to not identify where these thugs travel from, halting sites in Dublin usually.
    It would make you sick and it’s not as if these travellers don’t get enough State funding to live on.
    And, no, It wouldn’t be possible for me to care less about the high suicide rate, if the traveller lifestyle is that depressing then do something about it.

We subsidise the b*stards, then there are those who are blindly convinced they qualify for minority status. It was a wilful decision from the get-go, not a distinct ethnic group spanning more than a thousand years.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,404 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Joan freeman is the spit of dickie rock....Just saying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

What? Peter Sutherland died last January RIP. So who is doing the boat running now?

The lizard people are able to regenerate like Dr. Who don't you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

batgoat wrote: »
    Enter conspiracies about refugees, drawing the discussion further into a cesspit.

i knew it wouldn't be long before they started picking on some other minority, now that the Traveller bating idiot blew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Did Casey's view on Travellers gain much traction. I'm guessing not.

Back to the barricades so. Sigh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

maybe its dickie in a different wig he does wear a wig........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

gmisk wrote: »
    Joan freeman is the spit of dickie rock....Just saying

spit on me Joan!
    actually on 2nd thoughts .........:(

• Advertisement

Gavin Duffy “ as a kid I hunted “ yeah right , AND as an adult , not many years ago ��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Of course not, he said he only wanted one term didn't he?

But no, out of the traps for a second. And we are not allowed to question his integrity.

A plague on all their houses.

No one says you're not allowed to question his integrity. I'd argue that if your strongest evidence for a lack of his integrity is that he said he'd only do one term and that he has changed his mind now, he's got a fairly solid record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Audience participation time coming up in the next few minutes.

Should be very interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Audience questions next. I can see RTÉ allowing most of them directed towards Casey by outraged travellers planted there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,404 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Did you miss the opening 25 minutes? It's all that was talked about, Casey is right the other candidates were being disingenuous at least he has brought it up as a topic.

Plenty of clapping when he made his points

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭MFPM

Rambling unsubstantiated generalised allegations....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭hawkwing

I have no time for duffy or joan but she came across as some yoke when duffy backed her up,fsake:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Well did he object to the halting site at the end of his road then? He claimed he did not. Casey is saying he did and it is on record. Let's see

We will see. I'm inclined to believe Michael D for now, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the media digs up.

Plenty of clapping when he made his points

Plenty of clapping when Gallagher called him out on racism too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wasn't going to bother voting for this. Only thing I could say good about Higgins was that it'd be 1 less pension to pay out.

Will vote for Casey now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

gallagher is saying very little thinking it will make him statesman like....... I feel for michael he has served this country since the sixties what have the others done made money for themselves ....

gmisk wrote: »
    Did you miss the opening 25 minutes? It's all that was talked about, Casey is right the other candidates were being disingenuous at least he has brought it up as a topic.

The guy is a buffoon shouting and roaring looking for attention - only 9 more days to suffer him.

Interesting how inept Casey was when asked directly about the housing crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Thank you to those who filled me in. I was unable to watch live, so kept up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

It's ironic that people are accusing someone of being a facist (sic) because they don't recognize the social construct that is race.

MFPM wrote: »
    The guy is a buffoon shouting and roaring looking for attention - only 9 more days to suffer him.

He's coming across well. His numbers will surely improve after his straight talk about travelers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭autumn2018

What? Peter Sutherland died last January RIP. So who is doing the boat running now?
    i think simon coveney is a very good president and i hope people will vote to keep him

i knew it wouldn't be long before they started picking on some other minority, now that the Traveller bating idiot blew it.

I'll bate you out the door boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

MFPM wrote: »
    Plenty of clapping when Gallagher called him out on racism too!

Too which he replied it is not racism if he doesn't recognise them as a different race.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement