Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Jaysus I'm embarrassed for you now after you being on here day and night without sleep trying to counter his "half formed nonsense", scarlet for ya Francie.

No, I'm just having fun watching muddle Ireland having one of it's periodic rants that will, like all the rest of them, 'peter' out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

I don't know if he'll be able to handle the ambush, I don't know if he is the one to lead Ireland in a Right-Wing movement. It may not be him, it may be the guy after him.

But one thing I truly 100% believe in is that when you get characters like Tubridy, Government, media and most importantly celebrities backing a cause against a movement, it will end up going terribly wrong for them. I truly and utterly believe it, just as much as the Pope believes in some guy upstairs. So I'm not bothered how tonight will go. In fact I have turned off now, my faith will remain unchanged in what will happen.

I have full faith that human beings do not like to be told what to think.

If he continues to:

1: Cause meltdowns among the establishment
    2: Gives people confidence to speak out

Then he's doing good and we should get behind him.

I'm not sure does he have it either, but its a start, and he's certainly grown in confidence in the past while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    That's about his level, alright.

No surprise either to see Casey supporters imploring him to tell others to shut up.

That echo chamber just gets echoier.
    Funny to see Shinners like you cheerlead RTE and the Irish Times when it suits your agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Damien360

Casey stole their votes and they dont have many to steal

Mary Lou pictured with Margaret Cash was a disaster for them. Quite a few people mentioned that whenever the election popped up. SF at that very moment weren't the party for working people (although I don't believe they ever were).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No, I'm just having fun watching muddle Ireland having one of it's periodic rants that will, like all the rest of them, 'peter' out.

Ah sure we all know you are ..... really.
    That wasn't you posting at all. Someone must have hacked into your account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Its not about Casey its the 23% and more that agree with him. If they pile on him they won't change any of his voters minds just reinforce them. Does look like a lot of travellers in the audience and Andy Lee is on too no coincidence.
    The bolded bit really does give an insight into the psychological delusion techniques Casey supporters employ.

Like the Brexiteers, you're the type of people who if confronted with evidence that 2+2=4, you'll double down on your insistence that it's 5.

It's good to see you admit that, at least.

Looking forward to Andy Lee being on - he's a great fella and always an interesting speaker. A really good representative for his sport and community.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Funny to see Shinners like you cheerlead RTE and the Irish Times when it suits your agenda

It's actually hilarious. Flip flop Francie.

It's actually hilarious. Flip flop Francie.

Francie was always against discrimination against minority communities. Consistency is the thing here Tayto.

The bolded bit really does give an insight into the psychological delusion techniques Casey supporters employ.

Like the Brexiteers, you're the type of people who if confronted with evidence that 2+2=4, you'll double down on your insistence that it's 5.

Looking forward to Andy Lee being on - he's a great fella and always an interesting speaker. A really good representative for his sport and community.
    Lol

Wasnt so long ago you and the Shinners hated the EU. I have anti EU Sinn Fein leaflets in my house that aren't even that old

Ye are fooling nobody

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Andy Lee is a great role model for travellers. Wish there were more like him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

If he continues to:

1: Cause meltdowns among the establishment
    2: Gives people confidence to speak out

Then he's doing good and we should get behind him.

I'm not sure does he have it either, but its a start, and he's certainly grown in confidence in the past while.

You're correct, it's the beginning.

Having the establishment saying he shouldn't be given a voice. How many times in history have we heard this about the eventual Victors? History is littered with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

Would love Casey to tell Tubs to go fcuk himself and walk off

somebody tweet him this he might do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Casey being set up for sure. I reckon Tubs will handle it like the Paul Murphy interview where he was totally out of line. Tubs is pure establishment.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Several posts here about an ambush on Casey. That implies a lack of confidence in him to deal with challenges. And yet he wants to be Taoiseach?

so you're saying we should have voted for Casey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Francie was always against discrimination against minority communities. Consistency is the thing here Tayto.

gowaway out of that ,

francie does what francie is told by the party/army the same as 3 or four more of the shinner bots on here thats the only thing consistent about you lot

same as every other thread ye infest

No coincidence he's on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

No coincidence he's on tonight.

I know, they didn't even get him on after he won his world title

We had exactly the same 'setting up for a failure' chat from the Casey supporters before the election. All the excuses for not doing well, laid out. Same tonight. :)

It's the fecking Late Late lads and lassies. About as important in changing anything as the presidency. You are still going to have to get off the keyboards and do something tangible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

People here still excusing Casey’s performance before he’s started. If his keyboard warrior supporters don’t think he can handle the show then why should the electorate bother with him?

We had exactly the same 'setting up for a failure' chat from the Casey supporters before the election. All the excuses for not doing well, laid out. Same tonight. :)

It's the fecking Late Late lads and lassies. About as important in changing anything as the presidency. You are still going to have to get off the keyboards and do something tangible.

http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-irony.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

If he wants to knock Tubridy out of the park, he just need to utter one sentence, "Would you be happy if your daughter came home and introduced you to her traveller boyfriend?". Goodnight Vienna.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

tretorn wrote: »
    Classic Pavee Point response to disgraceful behaviour.
    Hope if Casey ever gets his hands on power the first thing he does is disband this organisation.
    If travellers need free advice they can go to the Citizens Advice Bureaus like the rest of us.

it's unlikely he would have the ability or power to abolish pavee point in the unlikely event he got into power.
    mfceiling wrote: »
    Wrong. The left have made a complete balls of things.
    Why do you think Trump, Brexit and the rise of the far right in Europe has happened?
    Because the left have pushed their agendas on to people until they've said enough.
    For lovers of free speech and democracy the left are very quick to shout down anyone not in agreement with them.
    When British people had fears of immigration and the rise of Islam (which was at odds with the Christian/Church of England values of the country) they were shouted down and called racist or intolerant. Anyone with half a brain could see this would come back to bite some day.
    Merhkel thought it would be a great idea to open the borders to all and sundry. Ordinary citizens weren't happy and voiced concerns....yeah well you're racist and intolerant. Unfortunately again if you don't listen to the people then trouble will rear it's head.
    That's the problem with the left...don't listen to anyone else's concerns and then wonder why they turn on you.

trump, brexit, and the rise of the far right are due to brainwashing. people are told what they want to here by individuals like trump, people on the far right, and some supporters of brexit. the reality is however, that none of those people give a damn, and will do nothing about actual issues, and perceived issues. both the far right and far left are equally as bad when it comes to trying to shut down people.
    people who had simple fears about immigration were not called racist. people who questioned aspects of islam were not called racist. those who spread feaar and hate, and spread ill informed and inaccurate information about muslims, islam, and other immigrants were quite rightly called out for it on the other hand.
    Merkel didn't open the borders to all and sundry. what she did was relaxed the controls on the german border in an aim to relieve the burdin of dealing with the migrant crisis, on states like italy, grece etc . sure, it wasn't the best idea and she undone it, but it was done for a genuine reason. neither the hard left or hard right listen to anyone's concerns. everything you accuse the left of, the right are just as guilty of.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

You’ve never given your thoughts in why Dublin is so racially segregated and the bourgeois suburbs systemically and systematically exclude traveller halting sites from their areas. You tend to ignore the question.

been listening to andy for years on the radio
    didn't know he was a traveller, but that shouldn't matter
    cos thers only one race and thats the human race ok

He should corner Tubridy and ask him would he like to live next door to travellers

Tubridy would be exposed big time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mobby

https://www.facebook.com/bigbimmy.maughan/posts/578171705950920?hc_location=ufi

Maybe some of little michael friends and neighbors outside Galway Garda Station. lovely people, them kids will go up well.

He should corner Tubridy and ask him would he like to live next door to travellers

Which would expose what exactly? That Tubridy has problems with travellers but is socially responsible enough not to enflame or give credence to a campaign against them?

Do you understand social responsibility at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

If he wants to knock Tubridy out of the park, he just need to utter one sentence, "Would you be happy if your daughter came home and introduced you to her traveller boyfriend?". Goodnight Vienna.

If your daughter came home and introduced you to her traveller boyfriend, who happened to be a perfectly decent person, would you be happy?

Which would expose what exactly? That Tubridy has problems with travellers but is socially responsible enough not to enflame or give credence to a campaign against them?

Do you understand social responsibility at all?

What are you talking about? It's perfect rhetoric.

If Tubridy says yes, then the 23% of people who voted for him will know he is full of crap and Casey can push that and looks better as a result.

If Tubridy says no, then he's on Casey's side. and Casey looks better.

It's a loaded question and I don't thing Tubridy could handle it.

• Advertisement

Peter isn't like that
    when they go low we go high

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement