Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How TF...

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

What a game.

What a series.

Kawhi literally hit the Vince shot from 2001. Un ****ing believable. Tremendous Lowry game. Ibaka immense. Gasol played 46 minutes. Just amazing. Bring on the Bucks and Kawhi v Giannis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I mean come on

giphy.gif

Also this will be the first time in NBA history that two brothers face off against each other in the conference finals... and it's happening in both conferences. (Seth vs Steph and Pau vs Marc)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Also this will be the first time in NBA history that two brothers face off against each other in the conference finals... and it's happening in both conferences. (Seth vs Steph and Pau vs Marc)

Very weird. Shame Pau is injured so we wont get Gasol on Gasol in the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

What a picture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Morrison J wrote: »
    What a picture

I think thats right on the third bounce!

Think I've watched more Sixers games than any other team this year and to be honest I haven't a clue what I'd do with them. So much young talent but I think they're glaringly missing that talent to take them over the edge. It's a tough one.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Some shot, and to do it over Embiid too as a buzzer beater? Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

As if you couldn't love Kawhi Leonard enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Was lucky enough to see Bucks, Raps and 6ers (and Wizards v cavs :D) a few months ago. I said at the time the best player of them was Giannis, but the best team was the Raps. Should be a fun series. Dont mind who wins. I like both.

Shame none of the games are at a reasonable hour for us here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

764dak wrote: »

At the very least don't post clickbait videos; the only footage we have is of the aftermath.

0P9y44g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,219 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Think I've watched more Sixers games than any other team this year and to be honest I haven't a clue what I'd do with them. So much young talent but I think they're glaringly missing that talent to take them over the edge. It's a tough one.

I don't know, it's a very good season. Definite step forward from last year, nearly forced OT in game seven in a series they were underdogs in. They'll be competitive and pushing for a top 4 seed again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    At the very least don't post clickbait videos; the only footage we have is of the aftermath.
    I apologize.

Whatever two of the top four east teams didn't make the ECF were always going to consider it a bad season, doesn't mean much has to change. I think Philly are going to keep everyone together and go into next season saying this lineup will be better with a full year of play together. For all we know Kawhi might not even be in the east come next season.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1128132569466327040

Brett Brown's job at Sixers is safe.
    People got a bit worried there.

Anyone staying up for the draft?

Pelicans get the #1 pick, wow. That messes up everybody this summer, they actually have assets to keep AD all of a sudden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Anyone staying up for the draft?

By staying up you mean just getting in the door from work in time for it yea..:pac:
    New Orleans, Jesus, that’s going to make things interesting, iam just happy the Lakers didn’t get it, would of been a nightmare

Warriors ease past Portland, seemed like a regular season game, Portland had no intensity, Warriors could just do what ever they wanted without getting of 3rd gear
    Pretty poor by Portland, You have to get in the Warriors faces and make them work for it like Houston did.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,130 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

delighted the tanking did not work out for the 3 worst teams (except perhaps the knicks a little) !!

Apparently Davis still says he wants to leave.

The pelicans get CP3 landed to them, do nothing, get Davis landed to them, do nothing, and so the cycle continues with Zion. Thou I would be worried a man that size can keep fit over an NBA season.

Warriors ease past Portland, seemed like a regular season game, Portland had no intensity, Warriors could just do what ever they wanted without getting of 3rd gear
    Pretty poor by Portland, You have to get in the Warriors faces and make them work for it like Houston did.
    Lillard unable to beat a KD-less Warriors? Choker imo

Lillard unable to beat a KD-less Warriors? Choker imo

Oh yeah that’s literally the exact same situation as Houston.....except totally different.

I wondered who the fanboys would latch onto with no LeBron to cheer for/make excuses for in the Play Offs......James Harden come on down!

By staying up you mean just getting in the door from work in time for it yea..:pac:
    New Orleans, Jesus, that’s going to make things interesting, iam just happy the Lakers didn’t get it, would of been a nightmare

Listen to the Simmons pod as he struggles to cope with the thought of LA getting Zion about halfway through the live broadcast, very funny.

Pretty crazy that the team LeBron joined got a higher draft pick than the team he left. This new structure does seem like it could the be the much needed "death of tanking" we've been asking for, but at what cost? The draft is supposed to benefit the worst teams the most and this could result in bad teams just constantly staying bad. Suppose it'll take more than a few years to find out, but I wouldn't want to be the small market team constantly dropping out of the top 4 year after year until our eventual relocation due to poor ticket sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Poor Zion looked absolutely gutted. Weird weird lottery. Zion was already probably dreaming about the potential of playing with Durant and Kyrie but now it'll be RJ Barrett doing that. Very interested who the Hawks take with their two late lottery picks. Could end up with some right nuggets. Garland and White to either the Suns or Bulls will be interesting too, both absolutely crying out for a PG. ****ing hell though poor Zion.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Did you go? Did I see that everyone in attendance got a Google Home
    mini because of the win?

• Advertisement

Oh yeah that’s literally the exact same situation as Houston.....except totally different.

I wondered who the fanboys would latch onto with no LeBron to cheer for/make excuses for in the Play Offs......James Harden come on down!

I love you Butters but just let the LeBron thing go, you’re better than that ...lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement