Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Yea, I don’t believe 99% of what I read these days but it’s funny
    At least he can’t get pregnant I suppose, with the track record he has 😂

:pac:

He's scored more off court than on in recent years it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Not opening the reddit page, but just when I didn’t think there was a way Howard could be more of joke then he already is. I was wrong.

The Reddit page casts major doubt on the veracity of the account.

Who'd have thought pretty much a quarter of the way into the season that Boston and Orlando would have the same record? :rolleyes:

West is crazy tight again. GS will separate at some stage and seal the 1seed, but there's going to be a mad rush for the last play off spots again this year you'd have to think.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The Reddit page casts major doubt on the veracity of the account.

I learned a long time ago pretty much to ignore everything on reddit..........either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Re: Ben Simmons

This is just getting ridiculous.

QbJ34ga.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

QbJ34ga.jpg

That's just crazy!

I havnt had a chance to watch much NBA so far this season but I did catch one 76ers game (with Fultz and Simmons in the lineup) and the spacing was just horrible, as bad as you could get in a modern NBA game. Butler in the lineup will certainly help, he's not exactly a knock down shooter himself but at least he keeps defences honest.

I still think Embiid should be taking more 3s per game though, seeing him drift out to the corner a few more times a game would open up their offense a lot more, even if it knocks a point or two off his PPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,138 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

QbJ34ga.jpg

I assumed I’d check the box score for that game and see him 0-1 from 3pt range at least. Nope. He did not shoot that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,961 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

woke up this morning to see that the Celtics won away in New Orleans !

they have home games against the cavs , knicks and peilcans, and away against the bulls , wizards and timber wolves. Now would be a good time to go on a 5-2 or 6-1 run and start to get the season going !!

Kawhi signs a sneaker deal with......New Balance.

Strange on some levels but they are investing in the game again so it could be interesting. Not sure i'd want Kawhi as the face of my brand though for all the obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,551 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lillard had a pretty great chance to beat Klay's 3pt record last night but they just didn't really focus on it. He was 10-12 from 3 with a minute or so left in the 3rd quarter but only finished the game 10-15.

• Advertisement

Kawhi signs a sneaker deal with......New Balance.

Strange on some levels but they are investing in the game again so it could be interesting. Not sure i'd want Kawhi as the face of my brand though for all the obvious reasons.

What do you mean? You can't market THAT laugh?? (skip to 20 secs)

Very entertaining game last night! I was sure the Raptors had it sewn up about 3 times but that FREAK Durant and his insane shooting kept coming back. Glad the Raptors showed some mettle but obviously Warriors without Green and Curry

New Balance and Kawhi are a perfect match, NB shoes are boring, every man over 40 owns a pair of beaten up New Balance that they will eventually throw out only to buy a new pair of the same shoes.

New Balance and Kawhi are a perfect match, NB shoes are boring, every man over 40 owns a pair of beaten up New Balance that they will eventually throw out only to buy a new pair of the same shoes.

Not really up to speed with the more subtle nuances of the sneaker game, are we? ;)

I've mentioned it before on here that I'm a collector for 30+ years at this stage. The image you describe of NB is a cliché. Sure there's an element of truth in it and even an SNL sketch to back up that stereotype; but they've become a much younger brand in recent years. The 574 is a classic silhouette; and while they'll struggle to come close to Nike/Jordan/Adidas etc. fdom a style/cool POV, they are an interesting brand doing interesting and different things right now. They're more niche than mainstream, hence why Kawhi is interesting - if it's an attempt to make them more mainstream I'm not sure that's going to work. If they place the niche as a strength and play to that market it could get interesting.

I know NB have some nice models but the public perception is what matters with big brand deals like this.

(and fwiw I still think Asics and Saucony do the New Balance style better than New Balance themselves)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

For the record, I currently own 4 pairs of New Balance, 2 of the same but different colors. Iam not 40 yet so I don’t what that says about me...��

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

To be fair New Balance have been doing really well in recent years. They were unknown here for years only your fat uncle (nobodies in particular) who would come back from the US with them saying they gave great support, now you see them everywhere and have come out with some shoes that are reliving Nike for look/style.

Just before heading to bed last night I found the Knicks Bucks game on Sky Mix - which I think is on most virgin packages as free to air. Recorded the rest of it but I see it went to OT - not sure if they stayed with the game or not given previous comments on sky coverage. And there’s a game on next Saturday night too according to the EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Just before heading to bed last night I found the Knicks Bucks game on Sky Mix - which I think is on most virgin packages as free to air. Recorded the rest of it but I see it went to OT - not sure if they stayed with the game or not given previous comments on sky coverage. And there’s a game on next Saturday night too according to the EPG.

Yeah they stuck with it alright, exciting finish.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Yeah they stuck with it alright, exciting finish.

They may have stuck with it but Virgin on record didn't, went to watch the end there and the recording ends with just over a minute left to play. :rolleyes: And yes, I have my default recording settings with extra time added on to it. Well at least there's live NBA there now once a week I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Hoiberg fired by the Bulls.

• Advertisement

Hoiberg fired by the Bulls.

Surprised he's lasted this long to be honest.....I had him as my first coach to be first last season, though more for how bad Chicago are as an organisation than for any lack of ability on his part. I feel sorry for him - inherited a weird roster with bad internal team chemistry and a team who loved their former coach so authority was kinda undermined/players didn't like him from Day 1. Always had that vibe that they players didn't play for him though. He's a pace and space coach, the front office post-Thibs committed to getting younger and faster.....and then sign Rondo and Wade. :rolleyes: Then you had the Butler trade, and finally when it looks like he'll get a shot at pace and space this year Markinnen goes down injured and after one game back, they fire him. Classic GarPax idiocy.

The truth however is we probably don't know if he's a good NBA coach or not given everything that happened in Chicago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Only GarPax could think to fire a coach who is doing them a favour by losing by having them in with a great shot at the #1 pick, a quarter of the way through the season :pac:

Everyone knew this season was a right off anyway. Get through it with a very high pick, make your coaching change prior to the draft, hopefully draft a stud and go from there.

The Bulls will probably start winning a bit and knock themselves way down the lottery now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The truth however is we probably don't know if he's a good NBA coach or not given everything that happened in Chicago.

This sums up most of my thinking on it. Those two clowns in the front office have to go, why can't we have clever execs like Ujiri or RC Buford :(

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25442532

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Anyone else here buy the NBA LeaguePass through India? Best thing I ever did, used follow NBA for years but got sick of not being able to watch it, 12 quid I've every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Dave147 wrote: »
    Anyone else here buy the NBA LeaguePass through India? Best thing I ever did, used follow NBA for years but got sick of not being able to watch it, 12 quid I've every game.

Presumably you also need a VPN to give you an Indian IP every time you want to use it?

Haven't gone down the Indian Sub + VPN Route.

Quick question - if I were to do so, can I watch on my TV or is it only on computer you can do this?

Haven't gone down the Indian Sub + VPN Route.

Quick question - if I were to do so, can I watch on my TV or is it only on computer you can do this?

I can cast to my nvidia shield, or connect directly to my tele through my phone. Both works fine. All depends on your tele really.

Presumably you also need a VPN to give you an Indian IP every time you want to use it?

I have a VPN anyway, but even a free one would work fine, as u just need to turn it on before u open the app. It works fine when u turn off the vpn then, even switching between games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

For the sake of about 20 seconds of turning on your vpn it's worth it. Tunnelbear is free, connects to India and you can disconnect in your nav bar so you don't need to leave the app. I chromecast it and it's excellent quality. I couldn't justify 200 quid for it as it's on so late, 12 euro is probably too cheap and I'd pay 60-70, but wasn't turning down the opportunity to get it for 12.

• Advertisement

Houston lose badly again, this time to the Jazz without Gobert. They have Harden, Paul and Cappella all playing so they have no excuses, but a lot of problems. I'd expect some major trade activity from them in the next few weeks and up to the All Star Break. That Chris Paul contract didn't look great at the time and it looks really bad now.

A stat I picked up from The Lowe Post - prior to this season in over 1700 NBA games with Pop as the Head Coach of the Spurs, San Antonio lost by 30 or more points just 5 times. They've lost 3 of their last 4 by over 30. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement