Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh I'm sorry Auto..

Nearly at the coalface for another night.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling on the couch after cooking a huge fry up for myself and my ex, who is only now getting over his (man)flu.

It was perfectly executed if I may say so myself - eggs sunny side up, thick cut rashers, Superquinn sausages, potato waffles and beans.:)

Watching Tootsie on the box.

Couchside watching Mrs Doubtfire.. Forgotten how funny it is tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Couchside watching Mrs Doubtfire.. Forgotten how funny it is tbh.

Great movie! Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Couch side, kids gone off to bed. In sitting room. No TV in this room so just fire on and streaming some random 90 and 00 tunes on YouTube. Mrs Cushtie in the kitchen natttering with a mate so all is good with the world.

Visited my folks today. Lots of my family about the house. Just like old times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Autosport wrote: »
    Just in shock really, Thanks for the well wishes :)

Now couchside

Sorry for your loss Auto. :( My granny died 2 days after Christmas when I was 11. She was pretty old at 85 but was such a sweet, warm, loving woman. Cast a shadow over that Christmas.

But the worst Christmas was the one immediately after my mum died suddenly in 1990. She was not quite 47. Christmas dinner that year was intensely sad. :(

Unfortunately loss and bereavement and pain happen at Christmas too, and the fact that we are expected by the media and marketing to be all jolly and merry only makes it much worse for those who don't feel that way inside...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Glad to hear your dad is alright Witchie, hope he makes a full recovery soon.

So sorry for your loss Auto :(

Homeside in Leeds waiting for pizza to get here

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote:
    Just back from Roadtrip and found out an uncle of mine died yesterday

Sorry to hear that Auto.

**hugs**

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Sorry for your lost Auto

Hope you're all doing ok

In Supermacs. Few drinks were had before we got here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sorry for your lost Auto

Hope you're all doing ok

In Supermacs. Few drinks were had before we got here.

Ahh, fight club :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hit the nail on the head there Grem!

Food though. Nyom. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just home in bed, eventful night. Night was great, we went for food and some young fella shoved a guy we were out with. The security has him out within seconds but the guy he shoved followed him out onto the street and all hell broke loose. I saw what happened and the guy that got shoved wasn’t at fault at all, didn’t want to see him get into trouble so I went out after him and managed to separate them, just as the Gardai came over and moved the other lad on.

Favour returned when we walked to the taxi office and there was an all out brawl on the street. I was saddened to hear one refer to the other by colour and used his colour as a slur, but it wasn’t my fight so none of my business. The guy I “saved” earlier minded me as we attempted to wave through the drama and fists flying.

It’s sad all the same that people drink so much they sit on the street puking on themselves, or wet themselves, or to see someone standing with their jaw swinging like something out of footloose. I love drinking and behng drunk and have been in some states but never like that it’s a different level

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Nespresso time on the balcony with the mutt, its a lovely 25C, off to the Vets later for his annual vaccinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Abed after feeding the cats etc.... Blissfully quiet..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭4Ad

In a very quiet East Clare, eating porridge, it hopefully sends me back to sleep.
    Usually I would have a hangover today, but I had no drink yesterday, I have promised my nephew we'd go into Ennis running later, he got a new Garmin watch and is mad to try it out.

Feeling very irritable, must bite tongue..

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lying in bed in brothers house,
    Feeling very irritable, must bite tongue..

**backing out of thread slowly**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

O Hanrahan Station Wexford heading to Dublin to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Setanter

Back to work, very short Christmas.
    Wasn't looking forward to it but it turned out alright.

Autosport wrote: »
    Just back from Roadtrip and found out an uncle of mine died yesterday

Sorry for your loss. My Nan died 2 years ago Dec 30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

At the breakfast table trying to marry what I have to do (buy a new oven and bedsheets and towels in the sales) with what I want to do (sea side stroll followed by a pub lunch followed by a trip to cinema).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Eating breakfast waiting for wash cycle to finish to drop some food to Penny Dinners and then do own shopping. It's horrible out there this morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Discovered that the mutt was the only family member to lose weight in the last year, 6kgs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

On the kitchen couch since 8am. I think I'm wonderful :D I didn't go to bed til 2:30 last night cos I started watching the green Mile.. 4 year old is watching Angela's Christmas is on Netflix and the 7 year old is playing with the poo from the plunge the poo game.. :D 8 year old keeps stealing oranges (mind you he's peeling them into the bin in front of me..) I wonder is he waiting for me to give out?.. Little does he know I want them gone for fear they'll go off. Haven't seen the 16 year old since yesterday.. Tons of chocolate and kindle books... So easy to keep her quiet :D
    Weigh in this evening. I'm dreading it.

Auto, I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In work bbboooooooooo bbbbooooooooooooooooo trying to catch up on the last few days of boards.

Hope yiz all had the happiest of Christmases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Up showered and dressed, in the kitchen with the gosson having a fry.
    He did the chores today I cooked the breakfast.
    No plans but just to have a quiet day today after another hectic day yesterday and a 2 am finish.
    Just heard about a man I know well being knocked down and killed yesterday evening, unreal, he was in the same pub as me and herself were in on Sunday night, we passed pleasentaries about Xmas with him. Sad.

Auto, very sorry to hear about your uncle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Up and wondering if this lurgy will ever sodding pass.. date night tonight and I feel like cancelling :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Kitchenside at my parents'. They have gone to visit friends of theirs today so I have a free gaff!
    Contemplating going back to bed for a bit, how the times have changed...

Between Bray & Dun Laoghaire on the train

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch...back from the doctors....lung infection in right lung.......had a bad few days but hopefully on the mend now.....I may drag out the recovery as I'm getting fierce sympathy for a change.....lol lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement