Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

TRS30 wrote: »
    :D

I was so disappointed when I realised he is one of those denying the election that I don’t think I could watch this one 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Watched The Christmas Chronicles with the kids after school. Our first Christmas movie of the season. Seen it loads of times but it was great to start getting in the Christmas spirit. They then asked me if we could put up our decorations, ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Jude13

I am disappointed with Amazon Prime's Christmas selection. Only four movies here with the best one being Deck the Halls.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    I am disappointed with Amazon Prime's Christmas selection. Only four movies here with the best one being Deck the Halls.

And Deck the Halls is an awful movie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    And Deck the Halls is an awful movie :(

That the one with Matthew Broderick & Danny DeVito? If so, I agree, awful movie.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    That the one with Matthew Broderick & Danny DeVito? If so, I agree, awful movie.

It is indeed. It has not aged well at all and seeing it's not that old that says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

polydactyl wrote: »
    I was so disappointed when I realised he is one of those denying the election that I don’t think I could watch this one 😕

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

otnomart wrote: »
    The trailer for Fatman with Mel Gibson has just been released
    Usual spoiler alert applies

Fatman with Mel Gibson is out in the US on 13 Nov.
    There is a review in today's Guardian and it is not a glowing one.
    I would still watch it, though !

Another new animation coming soon to Netflix'ers.

Looks very good from the trailer:
    Alien Xmas

otnomart wrote: »
    Another Christmas movie in the making:

"As filming gets underway this week (...) romantic comedy Happiest Season has rounded out its cast for the Kristen Stewart - Mackenzie Davis film.
    The pic hits theaters on Nov. 20"

Source: https://deadline.com/2020/01/happiest-season-mary-steenburgen-victor-garber-aubrey-plaza-alison-brie-dan-levy-more-round-out-tristar-comedy-1202837759/

The Trailer from Happiest Season (usual spoiler alert !)
    With: Kristen Stewart, Mackenzie Davis, Mary Steenburgen and Victor Garber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Watched Holidate. The lead guy was quite good but I agree with a previous poster, I can't warm to Emma Roberts either.
    Save the big guns for December folks and get this one out of the way in November. A warm up for the big picture :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

FINE, I will watch it in November, at your insistence. :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,090 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yeah it's pretty bad. I mean like bad movies but that's extra bad. I can't warm to Emma roberts. Is that her name?

Maybe I'm in a negative mood right now!

Yes Emma is Julia's niece, I feel she looks too young for these roles just like Britt Robertson

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Stuck in hospital so watched all of Dash and Lily on Netflix, set at Christmas and a lovely little watch. Each episode about 20 min long.,

polydactyl wrote: »
    Stuck in hospital so watched all of Dash and Lily on Netflix, set at Christmas and a lovely little watch. Each episode about 20 min long.,

I hope you're feeling better Polydactyl, you're in the right place! Hopefully you'll see sorted soon and will be on the mend in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,933 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Some classics in the FILM4 schedule next week.

White Christmas - Starting: 16:30 on Saturday 21st November

A Christmas Carol - Starting: 14:40 on Sunday 29th November
    * According to listings the George C Scott version

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

White Christmas on this weekend on film 4 if anyones not seen it. (Oops, just saw the post above)

Thought it overrated myself, not a huge fan of Danny Kate but haven't watched it in years so might give it one more try.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

5 fact about Home Alone

https://christmasfm.com/5-fascinating-things-home-alone/

The scariest thing about Home Alone is it’s 30 years old this year.

I secretly had the snowman in the background when the OH was out and I was cleaning downstairs in the house. I watched the bowie intro and then heard snippets whilst I was hoovering/washing the floors.

I need a forum dig out, where can I get my hands on the movie Rare Exports?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

I secretly had the snowman in the background when the OH was out and I was cleaning downstairs in the house. I watched the bowie intro and then heard snippets whilst I was hoovering/washing the floors.

I need a forum dig out, where can I get my hands on the movie Rare Exports?

If this is the film Jude,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rare-Exports-Christmas-Onni-Tommila/dp/B0112XUF2Q

Buy for £1.99 or rent for 99p:D

• Advertisement

I will lash the VPN on and rent it. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Watched Jack Frost last night. First ‘proper’ movie of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

Christmas with the Kranks is the firm favourite in our house adapted from John Grisham's Skipping Christmas.

We're all sat here watching home alone, didn't get around to watching it last Christmas so enjoying it again without being too familiar, which isn't bad considering I've watched it a few dozen times...

Dvb starting out strong with Home Alone.

Dvb starting out strong with Home Alone.

Yep, as I've said previously I'm struggling to get the Christmas feels going, and given this traditionally is peak build up week with the toy show, Christmas fm launch etc. I felt it needed a real strong kick start... we'll see how it goes now this week.. work stress is killing me atm though do struggling to think of much else until I can clear the decks a tad.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I feel your pain, DvB.

I currently have work stress and builders/home renovation stress. :/
    I have next week off work, thank goodness, and should be able to start getting my house back in order and my decorating done, and a few Christmas films watched- which is exactly what I will need!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I watched the first half of Broadcasting Christmas yesterday (listed on Channel 5 as Good Morning Christmas), starring Sabrina The Teenage Witch and Superman! It's pretty awful, although now that I've invested an hour of my time, I feel like I have to watch the rest of it, not that it will be any surprise to see how it ends!

Godmothered with Isla Fisher due out on 4 Dec
    Have seen trailer and it's not my cup of tea - you can find it with more info here
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11681250/

• Advertisement

https://www.brownbagfilms.com/labs/entry/angelas-christmas-wish-premieres-december-1st-worldwide-on-netflix?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=social

Angelas Christmas will be getting a sequel.It'll be available on netflix on the 1st of December.

The trailer forAngela's Christmas Wish is out.

Looks great !

Advertisement