Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options
1444546474850»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭A cup of te

@Smell the glove and @Loughc I haven't seen Father Christmas but I know of it. I need to watch that some year. I caught a little bit of it a few weeks ago and from The Snowman DVD. When I first heard they were making the Snowdog I feared the worst because sequels are usually rubbish but they really pulled it off well. I think the original is still my favourite because everything including the music is just perfect but I have to say that song in the Snowdog and indeed all of the music is good too. On the 20th anniversary DVD they explain all about the making of the Snowman and how that look just couldn't be achieved digitally (that was 2002 they were saying that). Ah, it's just perfect. Would love to see it on the big screen. Odeon were showing it on Wednesday but I was at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Big fan of both myself and listen to the sound tracks a few times throughout the year when yearning for a little Christmas. Both wonderful but the original is still the best.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bit late on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Godfather 2 the greatest film of all time IMO.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not much today it seems.

• Advertisement

Not much! Lawrence of Arabia an all time classic film and a masterpiece of a performance from Peter o Toole!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Have the remastered edition on blue Ray, viewed on an ultra HD screen its spectacular. The cinematography is mind blowing. A genuine work of art.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Absolutely mind blowing it was so ahead of it's time for the cinematography. A classic.

Last day of it

Some great films today to be fair

• Advertisement
Advertisement