Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Greatest Manager Tournament

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

More than likely. Heenan is better in prob every facet I can think of.

In fact, he probably talks Dutch into voting for him as well :pac:

Heenan.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When you think wrestling manager, Heenan is the first that comes to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Has to be Bobby. To turn a JBL Phrase - build a manager from the ground up, and you get Bobby Heenan. Absolute gold. Top class commentator too

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And then there were two. Two of the greatest minds in professional wrestling. Neither particularly athletic or striking looking, neither you could say looks like a rock star but make no bones about it, they are two of the all time greats when it comes to the mic and when it comes to getting their talents over. This runs til we have a winner. It's a Family vs an Alliance, it's Weasel vs Walrus, it's Brain vs Dangerlously. It's the PW Boards Greatest Manager Ever... Who've you got?

Bobby ''The Brain'' Heenan

8f5b116cea822d00217256d5908b6729.jpg

Talent Managed:Andre The Giant, Rick Rude, Harley Race, Mr Perfect, Ric Flair, The Brainbusters

VS

Paul Heyman

dangerousalliance.jpg

Talent Managed:Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, The Dangerous Alliance (Rick Rude,Steve Austin,Arn Anderson,Bobby Eaton,Larry Zybysko w/Madusa), Kurt Angle, Big Show, Cesaro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

51-49 in farvour of Paul E! Slightly edgier and I was slightly too young I think to fully appreciate “The brain” compared to Haymen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Heyman for me too. I'm a child of the era of Heyman primarily, like MrMac I was a little too young to appreciate the greatness of Heenan.

I know, I'm filthy philistine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Heenan hands downs every time. I don't remember the Brain that well either but I know him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bobby Heenan.

Repeat this for every round until he wins.

Nobody else comes close.

Heenan was the complete manager package and as Chopperbyrne says nobody comes close (not even Heyman imho)

The weasel all the way

Necrominus wrote: »
    Heyman for me too. I'm a child of the era of Heyman primarily, like MrMac I was a little too young to appreciate the greatness of Heenan.

I know, I'm filthy philistine :pac:

Nah I agree with you. Paul E is my jam. He's everything from a Messiah to a slime ball to a Sports Agent to a shill. I love him. He gets my vote too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I’m going for Paul E.

Bobby was amazing as a manager however I’ll alway remember him more for his run in WCW on the commentary team there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Wow, I vote for The Brain. Best manager of all time.

Heyman for me. Very tight.

He has everything Heenan had. Can do commentary, is a dream on the mic. And that list of talent. I just think Paul deserves it. I feel his promos etc are more impactful. He's a major part of his client's success.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Heenan all day every day.

He managed and commentated at the same time. His commentary on Flair's Rumble win is one of the best commentary jobs ever, getting Flair over massively.

His Narcissus promo with the mirrors. He hated Lex, but he made him seem like a god.

He is simply the best to ever do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Heenan Heenan Heenan. Grew up with him, he had everything.

I meant to wrap this up earlier. Well this might be controversial but I don't give a rats... The vote was tied at 5-5 but the man who hit 5 first is going to be declared the winner and your PW Boards Greatest Manager Ever

Paul Heyman

260_RAW_12212015ca_2528-2889384946.jpg

Cheers Omack for running the tourney. Heenan/Heyman - both deserved winners in my eyes. Way ahead of the rest of the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

To the god help us posters who voted for Heyman against Sir robert of Heenan you are like the Brain said humanoids and ham and eggers.

Another class tourney Omack, thanks a million pal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

i was directed here by omackeral as I have gotta a little too into a similar thread in the forum games section.

Gotta say, I enjoyed it thoroughly until the twist ending.

Paul E over the brain!

argh!

good reading folks sorry for dragging up a 2 year old thread!

Advertisement