Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Greatest Manager Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,278 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

With that client list, has to be Sherri, helped start the singles career of HBK, deserves a place in the final, amazing lady

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm sorry, i can't choose between the two. Both had huge roles.

I'm abstaining

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm sorry, i can't choose between the two. Both had huge roles.

I'm abstaining

Flip a coin?!

Its Sherri so:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sherri. As I said before it might not be a popular view but I'm not a Cornette fan tbh.

Also.... that client list of Sherris wipes the floor with Jim's imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah here!! And yes I did know that cornette managed Sherri. For a second before I scrolled down I was wondering "when was Stan lane a manager" but thankfully it's Sherri.

I'll have to go with Jim cornette again as while Sherri could wrestle while cornette couldn't jim was a better manager overall.

Sister Sherri cruises through to the quarters. I'd have had Jim Cornette down as a Final Four candidate personally. It's another battle of the sexes up next.
    Joel Gertner

14fbe8926cc82018ebd9cc667c52b4d75c3ec84er1-629-629v2_hq.jpg

Talent Managed: The Dudley Boyz

VS

Vickie Guererro

vickie-guerrero-696x392.jpg

Talent Managed:Edge, Chavo Guererro, Dolph Ziggler, LayCool,Big Show

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Errr.. Vickie.

Gertner is basically here because of the random draw gods :P

It's not even close imo.

Continuing with having another great lady in the finals, heel heat magnet Vickie who even made annoyingly screeching "Excuse Me" popular

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Vickie

Anyone she managed was instantly one of the biggest heels in the company.

Vickie deserves so much credit for being that hated. She was Eddie Guerrero's widow, who should have had nothing but sympathy from the crowd, but instead became a heat magnet.

• Advertisement

Vickie destroys Gertner 3-0. Could she be a dark horse in this? Two big guns up now.
    Ted DiBiase

million-dollar-corporation.jpg

Talent Managed:Andre the Giant, Million Dollar Corporation, Steve Austin, The Steiners

VS

Bobby ''The Brain'' Heenan

bobbyheenan.jpg

Talent Managed:Andre The Giant, Rick Rude, Harley Race, Mr Perfect, Ric Flair, The Brainbusters

Ah feck. I hate you random draw Gods!

Have to vote for Heenan here, but DiBiase is a likely finalist with the right type of run. But it's Heenan as a manager by a mile imo.

I can't think of a logical argument as to why DiBiase should win this one, so my vote has to be for Heenan.

Heenan, his antics and tactics for the family promoted them greatly and got them heat, a detestable weasel but one of a kind

As much as I loved DiBiase as a manager, Heenan is simply the best of all time.

Always got his wrestlers over.

Obviously most knew who Ric Flair was when he came to WWF, but let's face it, compared to the giant muscle heads in WWF at the time, he simply was not physically impressive.

Heenan presented his as a god though. The real champion. A completely superior competitor compared to Hogan.

Heenan has the momentum of a runaway train. Can anyone stop him? Tonight's last match goes up now and the tournament will resume tomorrow.
    Dutch Mantel aka Zeb Coulter

zeb-colter.jpg

Talent Managed:Justin ''Hawk'' Bradshaw (JBL), The Blu Brothers, Jack Swagger, Cesaro

VS

Francine

francine_fournier_4__by_goddessgg-dbgokeb.jpg

Talent Managed:Shane Douglas, Tommy Dreamer, Raven, The Pitbulls, Triple Threat

Gonna vote for Dutch/Zeb based off his CV tbh.

Worked with a higher calibre of talent for the most part imo.

And somehow got heat for Jack Swagger of all people.

Dutch for me too. Gold on the mic, gone too soon from WWE. A legend in the business, with a great mind for it. Knows how to get his client's over.

Francine? Eh, i guess Tomm Dreamer piledrivered her once and her boobs fell out:(

I'm gonna throw a vote Francine's way. I liked her and grew up watching her. Dutch was a bit before my time I feel. Plus, Francine took bumps, had sex appeal and was a little bit gritty too

• Registered Users Posts: 60,343 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Queen of Extreme for me.

She played a huge part in ECW and also managed the top players there.

2-2

Can we get a deciding vote?!

• Advertisement

I'll vote for Zeb, know more of him from his time with Swagger

Zeb eeks out a win in a long match up. Let's get one more match up for tonight.
    J.J. Dillon

14375796.jpg

Talent Managed:The Four Hourmen

VS

Slick

Slick.jpeg

Talent Managed:Big Bossman, Akeem, King Kong Bundy, Butch Reed, Power&Glory, Warlord

• Registered Users Posts: 60,343 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm going for Slick huge part of the WWF in the 80's feeding talent to Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

JJ dillion as he managed one of the greatest stables/ factions ever in pro wrestling. I Can't believe cornette is out btw.

I like Slick, but it has to be JJ Dillon.

He managed the Horsemen.

2-1 to JJ dillon as it stands. Any more bets folks?

Slick to even things up for ****s and giggles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Slick for the win cause who else could handle akeem the African dream!!

We finally get there as the good Reverend progresses. We've two very different characters up next in what should be an interesting affair.
    Paul Heyman

Paul-Heyman.jpg

Talent Managed:Brock Lesnar, The Dangerous Alliance, CM Punk, Kurt Angle, Big Show, Cesaro

VS

Miss Elizabeth

elizabeth.png

Talent Managed:Randy 'Macho Man' Savage, Hulk Hogan, Lex Luger,Ric Flair, Kevin Nash

• Advertisement

It's easy this one. Paul Heyman. Look at the talent managed, from WCW right up to present day WWE.

Liz, love her, just not to the calibre of Heyman. Very few are

Advertisement