Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you eat breakfast?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,903 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Not real greek yogurt though no matter what they say! Compare it to Fage or similar, it’s nothing like them.

OK, I'm just saying what I eat and like and where I buy it. I'm talking about the Real v the Greek "style" yogurt.

Now where would I get Fage please, need to do a comparison test!

When I get into work Mon to Friday I’ll usually have a single slice of brown bread or toast and multiple cups of tea. I eat a big lunch at 1pm (Lunch is prob my favorite meal of the day) and a big dinner in the evening then around 8pm or later.

Weekends I’ve a fry every Saturday and Sunday mid morning (11am or so), usually no lunch and then a big dinner.

So in general I eat two big meals a day really. Once I get out of eating much for breakfast I don’t really miss it and can justfify a bigger lunch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Normally eat breakfast at my desk about 09:30. Hot oats with fruit/nuts in the cold months, cold oats with fruit/nuts in the warm months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Interesting ideas. Perhaps not as interesting as my bed is though, which is the main obstacle for me in the mornings. I usually don't eat until 1 or 2pm, just no hunger on me in the mornings, though with all the exercise I've been a bit weak in the mornings recently so it needs changing!

wakka12 wrote: »
    I love breakfast but I dont agree that it fills you up and makes you less prone to over eating a lot throughout the rest of the day. Im just as hungry by lunch and dinner no matter if I had no breakfast average breakfast or a huge one

Yeah ditto. I just love food, so the more often I open the floodgates the more likely I am to stuff my face and eat up fatter than I should be. I've been in a routine of eating twice a day from lunch onwards the last decade or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

OK, I'm just saying what I eat and like and where I buy it. I'm talking about the Real v the Greek "style" yogurt.

Now where would I get Fage please, need to do a comparison test!

Tesco used to have the full fat stuff but now they only seem to have the 0% fat crap. I think Dunnes does it too. Real greek yogurt is an acquired taste, it really is quite different from the ‘greek style’ stuff, of which Aldi’s would be one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I would gladly go to work late before I would go without breakfast.

It's not hard to scramble a few eggs/make a bowl of porridge/granola, or chop some fruit and eat with yoghurt.

Weekends I will usually push the boat out and go with some rashers/sausages with eggs and toast.

A good breakfast will stand over you all day.

I get out of bed and straight out the door no breakfast until I have 3 hours work done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

wakka12 wrote: »
    I love breakfast but I dont agree that it fills you up and makes you less prone to over eating a lot throughout the rest of the day. Im just as hungry by lunch and dinner no matter if I had no breakfast average breakfast or a huge one

Weekdays I have orange juice and cereal or porridge and weekends I have french toast or an omelette maybe because i have more time

Absolutely. Eating breakfast has never helped me lose weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭removed2

I haven't eaten breakfast regularly since I was a child and lived with my folks, which would be a good sixteen years ago now.

I've recently started training my little ass off in the gym and in the interests of better nutrition and not stuffing my face with twenty seven bags of doritos every evening, have realised I'm going to have to join the breakfast brigade.

I do love a late brunch, but my mornings have consisted of black coffee and resentment of the world for a long time now, so I'm looking for breakfast ideas.

What do you eat for breakfast?
    its breakfast time back home

• Registered Users Posts: 15,903 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Tesco used to have the full fat stuff but now they only seem to have the 0% fat crap. I think Dunnes does it too. Real greek yogurt is an acquired taste, it really is quite different from the ‘greek style’ stuff, of which Aldi’s would be one.

I just had a look in the fridge, saddo that I am and the pot says Brooklea Authentic Greek yogurt, and it is full fat too. Very sour on the tongue on its own, but great with a bit of honey!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I switch between muesli with almond milk or a banana or two with some light and free yogurt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Grueller

I get up at 5:45. Eating at that time is difficult so I do about 2 hours work then have coffee and two or three slices of homemade brown bread, real butter and jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Coffee, fruit n fibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Three boiled eggs, five slices of cheese during the week.

If it's the weekend I'll have two sausages, two slices of pudding and a two egg omelette.

Seventeen cups of Barry's Tea.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

No breakfast here and I've recently started 'intermittent fasting' which when I first heard of it, I thought it was the most ridiculous thing in the world. After doing some research and a month in, the physical and mental difference it's made is very positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

delly wrote: »
    No breakfast here and I've recently started 'intermittent fasting' which when I first heard of it, I thought it was the most ridiculous thing in the world. After doing some research and a month in, the physical and mental difference it's made is very positive.

I tried that for a week or so..didnt feel anything different other than hunger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Always eat breakfast! I'm lost without food. Can't get off the ground without my egg on brown bread, or sometimes porridge with yogurt. And a bit of fruit to follow. Pint of milky coffee and I'm ready to rule :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Sometimes, either 2 boringbix or cornflakes. Porridge in the winter, if I have time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Breakfast is usually meds washed down with a can of Diet Coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Nothing.. Get up, shower, get dressed and ready, drive for an hour to work , and then will have a latte while I read over emails.

Lunch is usually a sandwich/roll or crap from the vending machine if I'm not that hungry.

Dinner is usually something simple like a frozen pizza, steak and kidney pie, the occasional takeaway, or just 2 bowls of cereal if I can't be bothered waiting.

Weekends I may have cereal when I'm home and maybe a chicken curry or steak for dinner but I'm not a foodie by any stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Porridge, made with milk, or else overnight oats with strawberries. Other options are 2 boiled eggs or an omelette with ham, cheese and onion. And then I’ll have a piece of fruit in the car on my way to work.

Ummmm..you eat and drive?😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Bread and marmalade Monday to Saturday, a fry-up on Saturday and a scone on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

vitamen tablet and a couple of fish oil tablet and tea or coffee. no eating before 12.30 for me, unless out cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Soylent Green.
    Keeps me going till lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Some combination of porridge/bran flakes, yoghurt, fruit, wholemeal bread, tea/coffee on weekdays. Full vegetarian fry up or omelette at weekend. I can't function without some form of breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

Half a Terry's chocolate orange

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Yes, everyday even if it’s just a banana!

Genuinely feel I can’t function otherwise. Most important meal of the day definitely. Makes me avoid unnecessary snacking, choosing wrong foods etc and generally sets me up for a 3 meal day. Rather than meal snack meal snack meal snack meal snack snack snack snack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I love my Weetabix with room temperature milk.

Hate it with cold or hot milk though, alters the taste and texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

If you're training you need to up your food intake. I'm running again and I'll have wheatabix every morning, a bit of fruit, few sandwiches and a youghurt. Then I'll have breakfast at work at 10 as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Breakfast like a king, dinner like a prince and supper like a pauper.

I love my breakfast although I'm getting treated for high cholesterol at the moment so I've cut out my usual poached eggs (x4).

This morning I had two coffee's, two slices of wholegrain toast with a smoothering of Marmite.

Probably twice a week I'll have porridge with that.

Then when I've hit a particular goal in training I'll award myself with a Sunday morning grill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Breakfast like a king, dinner like a prince and supper like a pauper.

I love my breakfast although I'm getting treated for high cholesterol at the moment so I've cut out my usual poached eggs (x4).

This morning I had two coffee's, two slices of wholegrain toast with a smoothering of Marmite.

Probably twice a week I'll have porridge with that.

Then when I've hit a particular goal in training I'll award myself with a Sunday morning grill.

I could never get that light dinner stuff. I have my tea after the gym and need a proper feed, usually a steak/chicken with a small bit of rice and a mountain of salad and vegetables with a handful of nuts after. I couldn’t get away with not eating post training.

Advertisement