Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you eat breakfast?

Options
  • 08-10-2018 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

I haven't eaten breakfast regularly since I was a child and lived with my folks, which would be a good sixteen years ago now.

I've recently started training my little ass off in the gym and in the interests of better nutrition and not stuffing my face with twenty seven bags of doritos every evening, have realised I'm going to have to join the breakfast brigade.

I do love a late brunch, but my mornings have consisted of black coffee and resentment of the world for a long time now, so I'm looking for breakfast ideas.

What do you eat for breakfast?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Coffee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Most days it's Apple juice, cornflakes/Weetabix/Rice Krispies, Toast and marmalade. A few days a week the cereal is replaced by a couple of sausages and rashers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I would gladly go to work late before I would go without breakfast.

It's not hard to scramble a few eggs/make a bowl of porridge/granola, or chop some fruit and eat with yoghurt.

Weekends I will usually push the boat out and go with some rashers/sausages with eggs and toast.

A good breakfast will stand over you all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Eat slow release carbs, first it keeps you 'full' longer and second it keeps you regular :)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Porridge, made with milk, or else overnight oats with strawberries. Other options are 2 boiled eggs or an omelette with ham, cheese and onion. And then I’ll have a piece of fruit in the car on my way to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Yep. Quick Oats or whatever they're called.

Often a mixed grill and a few cuts of toast on a Sunday.

Couldn't leave the house without a small bite at least.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Usually have a few boiled eggs but it's been coffee the last week. coconut cappuccinos are life

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Yes

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Usually not, but if I do it might be toast & hummous. Dislike sweet breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Some Amberleaf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Yes, I try to have something usually protein like cheese and a few walnuts or maybe yoghurt but some mornings are just crisps!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I have porridge, a black coffee and a bowl of fresh pineapple and melon. All at work. Would probably save loads of money if I ate at home but sure feckit it's about 3 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Little nip of whiskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Just coffee first thing in the morning, do have a later breakfast though at about 10.30. Only eat lunch the odd time and a light one at that. Lunch is such a meh meal in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I'd get the rage fairly quickly without breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

usually a banana does me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Tea and full fat yogurt. But I don’t think anyone should force themselves to eat breakfast. It doesn’t suit everyone and I know people who eat healthily who forgo breakfast. I believe the ‘always eat breakfast’ diktat isn’t really the gospel it used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

2 fags and 3 coffees. Can't eat before lunchtime unless I've a hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I don't usually eat till about 12.30/1. A few cups of trade does the job until then usually

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Pot of tea and 3 slices of toast with butter and marmalade. Never varies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Full fat Greek yogurt with honey. It is food of the gods at that hour of the morning, and no cooking, or washing of bowls required either! Aldi real Greek yogurt is one I recommend. So creamy and filling. So there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

A double g&t

Also, I find breakfast stimulates my appetite. I definitely don’t eat less because I eat breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Full fat Greek yogurt with honey. It is food of the gods at that hour of the morning, and no cooking, or washing of bowls required either! Aldi real Greek yogurt is one I recommend. So creamy and filling. So there.

I have this and throw some fresh fruit and granola in. Very filling but probably way too much sugar. Oh well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I won’t eat until 11am and finish eating at 7pm. Breakfast is usually eggs or a crazy sized tuna salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

engiweirdo wrote: »
    Just coffee first thing in the morning, do have a later breakfast though at about 10.30. Only eat lunch the odd time and a light one at that. Lunch is such a meh meal in fairness.[/q]

Iv recently started eating at 1030 break rather than lunch time. I find i seem less prone to mid afternoon slump whenever i do that. Also makes my dinner more enjoyable as im hungry whenever i get home.

Not real greek yogurt though no matter what they say! Compare it to Fage or similar, it’s nothing like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Always. I get dizzy if I don't eat regularly. During the week I just have cereal and almond milk or a banana if I'm on the run.
    At the weekend I might splash out on making pancakes/french toast/chocolate porridge etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I love breakfast but I dont agree that it fills you up and makes you less prone to over eating a lot throughout the rest of the day. Im just as hungry by lunch and dinner no matter if I had no breakfast average breakfast or a huge one

Weekdays I have orange juice and cereal or porridge and weekends I have french toast or an omelette maybe because i have more time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Wouldn’t have time for much more than a slice of toast most weekdays but on weekends I love a boiled egg on toast, and tea with almond milk. I could spend an hour eating my breakfast if I had the time, refilling tea two or three times. Love it.

Advertisement