Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 PDC World Darts Championship (inc. schedule of play in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Chuck looks like he’s chucking a hatchet ala Jack Nicholson in the Shining :)

TbL

Is Chuck the worst we’ve seen so far??

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Is the referee in this game new? Has a slightly odd way of calling the bigger scores? Not to the same exuberance of Russ Bray for example:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭testtech05

Degag wrote: »
    Is the referee in this game new? Has a slightly odd way of calling the bigger scores? Not to the same exuberance of Russ Bray for example:D

He used to be on the BDO I'm pretty sure. I recognize the unusual was he says anything 100+

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭munster87

Strange the stalling before double 16 by Chuck there. Was he not sure what he had left or something. Van den Bergh was terrible, hopefully ups his game when he has a bit of pressure on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

munster87 wrote: »
    Strange the stalling before double 16 by Chuck there. Was he not sure what he had left or something. Van den Bergh was terrible, hopefully ups his game when he has a bit of pressure on.

Might have been checking if it was in? He knew to go for the T18 so had to know what was next.

Might have been checking if it was in? He knew to go for the T18 so had to know what was next.

It did him no favour anyway whatever it was about. He was poor but I think the lad from India was the worst so far.

I see on Friday Steve West is playing Richard North. I wonder what direction that game will go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Gurney fairly solid here, could go far on this form if he starts hitting doubles

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

sc86 wrote: »
    hes down to 46th in world now

might not even get in for next years worlds

hes gona get premier league place after all this which is worse
    Think he will get a PL place which will be fairly disgraceful if so. He's gotten in a few years at this point now when he shouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

munster87 wrote: »
    It did him no favour anyway whatever it was about. He was poor but I think the lad from India was the worst so far.

The guy who played Toni Alcinas in the first round. He was terrible and had an average of around 70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Mickey Mansell has been the worst game so far. Combined average of 140. Its the worst game in 5 year in both PDC and BDO world championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Thank God Last of the R1 games tomorrow Afternoon and then onto all R2 from there with third round games starting on Sat 22nd Dec and running up til Sat 27th Dec

4th Round games (2x on the 27th Dec, remaining 6 on Sat 28th Dec)

QF1
    MVG/Hopp vs A Lewis/T Evetts/Lambanaukus

Whitlock/Joyce/Lennon/Norris vs Wade/Asada/Klassen/Brown

QF2
    Gurney/Lewis vs Chisnall/KHuybrechts/Larson

GAnderson/Wattimena/Barnard vs VDV/Beaton/Dobey

QF3
    Cross/Reyes/Rodriguez vs Clayton/VDB/Bunting/Humphries

Suljovic/Searle/Wilson/O'Connor vs MSmith/Meulankamp/Henderson/Clemens

QF4
    Price/Aspinall//KAnderson/Malicdem vs White/Petersen/West/North

Alcinas/VDP/Long vs Cullen/Dolan/King/Dekker

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Thank God Last of the R1 games tomorrow Afternoon

I think the new format and structure has worked pretty well by and large. Yes there have been a few poor or awful games. Mansell game absolutely stands out, but plenty of close ones and lots of excitement, crowds have been bigger than I expected too. Well played PDC on the changes imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Agree. atmosphere looks good for tight matches in the evening sessions anyway, regardless of who the players are
    Cross vs deZwaan has been the pick so far, in my view

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

its all about the money
    more match = more tickets sold and more tv money
    players do well out of it also

• Registered Users Posts: 16,102 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Move over Katie Taylor, we have another world champ in the making!ðŸ˜

Anyone know where Lennon truly stands in the sport. I'd never heard of him until I read this preview of the tournament:
    https://www.thesaint-online.com/2018/12/2019-william-hill-pdc-world-championship-preview-predictions/
    I’m also tipping Irishman Steve Lennon to have a good run...The Irishman has the talent to beat either of them and make the last 16 and earn enough money to shoot himself further up the rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Lennon appears to be completely lacking any personality etc on stage. He attempted a wave to the crowd after his walk-on but kinda called if off half way through and pulled his arm back down! I suppose he lets his darts do the talking but if every player was like him it would be like watching robots. Does anyone know what he does for a day job?

Nentjes making the big step up from the Dutch U-14 championships.:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Nentjes is abosultely awful. I'd beat him. Terrible stuff.

• Advertisement

NDWC wrote: »
    She's like a rabbit in the headlights, I genuinely think Sky need to cut their losses. If Dobromyslova gets eliminated tonight I have a feeling we won't be seeing Trina again.

Seems you were right

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

testtech05 wrote: »
    He used to be on the BDO I'm pretty sure. I recognize the unusual was he says anything 100+

That's right, a Welsh fella,, his name is Huw Ware.

I sure he's a nice guy and everything but he comes across as a total ponce on stage. Very irritating to listen to.

Not getting to watch this game but this Dutch fella is averaging 63!?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They'd want to get this back down to a reasonable number of participants again rather sharpish. The amount of dross they've put in this year is embarrassing.

This is a World Championship, not the Dog & Duck turkey shoot.

Less is more sometimes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Jeffrey De Graaf is a good player, he's playing very poor today though. A lot of players could be suffering from First Round nerves.

They'd want to get this back down to a reasonable number of participants again rather sharpish. The amount of dross they've put in this year is embarrassing.

This is a World Championship, not the Dog & Duck turkey shoot.

Less is more sometimes.

Disagree. There has been some poor stuff but by and large, it's worked out well

I’m not as concerned about the standard but rather the excitement of a closely fought match by lads of equivalent standard.

Lads throwing in the 80’s but in a very tight even match can be exciting and riveting to watch.

It’s hard to watch when ones throwing in the 70’s and another is touching 100 as it’s almost invariably no contest.

In the main it’s great to see more darts on the telly

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Nentjes is abosultely awful. I'd beat him. Terrible stuff.

hes the one laughing all the way to the bank £7500 for losing in the 1st round

would not mind that tbh

First round over

yBfUZHLCR7us.gif

• Advertisement

Dolan 2-0 up and flying it

Advertisement