Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boys - Amazon Prime Original - (**Spoilers**) (No Comic Spoilers!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Best... cameo... ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

really liked the episode but the Butch and Huey are becoming a bit too unlikeable. not sure what they are doing with Maeve this season seems she didnt have much of a plan.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I've read that Dominique McElligott was less available for filing this season due to Covid restrictions and her being Ireland. I'm not sure if that makes sense though as international travel was far less restricted last year when this would have been filmed than it was in 2020?

With Soldier Boy, isn't the fire blast power something new that he didn't have before he was captured by the Russians? I thought it was pretty interesting that there is this total parallel between Soldier Boy and Homelander and their respective relationships between Crimson Countess and Queen Maeve. In this episode both men confronted their former lover and talked about how they had real feelings in the relationship while both women almost identically said they always hated them. It sounds a little like Vought specifically put CC and QM on Payback and The Seven in order to be a love interest, as an attempt to emotionally ground/control their terrifyingly extremely powered members. And both women absolutely hated it and probably found it terrifying to the point where CC helped the Russians take Soldier Boy and QM has been working with The Boys to kill Homelander. We've just seen how that ultimately worked out for CC, so it may be foreshadowing for Maeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I was wondering about Maeve too, she seems horribly sidelined this season which is a shame. I guess if it was a Covid filming thing that's probably fair enough, but hope she gets a more substantial role next season.

And yeah, Soldier Boy's nuclear blast is new. I think they said it was the Russians experiments on him that caused it. We seem to have confirmation now that it strips supes of their powers rather than just negate healing powers. Though obviously he can just fry people with it too if he needs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Acosta

Yeah. I'm not a fan of them having super powers at all.

However, it's still the best show of TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm really enjoying this season. I wasn't too sure about the Soldier Boy direction things were taking at the start but I think it's great and I'm keen on seeing him go up against Homelander. I liked the nods to Captain America when he was walking around the city.

Curious to learn what happened to Neuman's daughter injected with Compound V. There will presumably be some significance to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well that was something else - for all the right and wrong reasons lmao

I thought I noticed last week as well, has yer one who plays Annie already had work done?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Very enjoyable episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That was a cracker. The last 15 minutes.... 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

If they take HL out, I would just stop watching, he's still the only great character to watch in this show. The whole soldier boy thing feels like it was mashed together because they ran out of ides tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 32,277 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I thought she looked different alright.

Cracking episode this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Yeah definitely the Starlight actress looks different, maybe because she seems to have lost weight too. Soldier boy is a great addition. This has been the best season yet but not sure if I would one or both Homelander and Soldierboy to be back next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I have not seen this weeks yet, but I don't think she has , or I have not noticed. hopefully not, as she is young and extremely pretty already !!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Absolutely brilliant episode.

The missus walked in asking what ya watching....followed up by "make sure our son doesn't see that".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Poor MM getting a raw deal! Fantastic episode, I love that they just don't hold back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Homelander

That was one hell of an episode. One thing I'm not fully convinced about is Butcher giving Homelander a better run for his money than Soldier Boy, I expected a more even match though I loved the line "You almost had me going for a minute there".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems some Homelander fans are pi$$ed at this episode saying Homelander is the bad guy.

Basically the equivalent of

Minus the ending

I might be looking into it too much but...

Are Kimikos powers coming back? Or did she just have the muscle memory so to speak of some of her skills picked up over the years? I am guessing the later? But just want to check :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think that mostly kicked off last week. Not that Homelander is the villain; I don't think any of them were under the impression he wasn't. It was more the general political commentary, particularly Blue Hawk focusing on black communities and using lines like "All Lives Matter". There's a lot more references to general Trump-ism too. I think they know Homelander is the villain, but he's also becoming a bit more like Trump too which they like but is being seen as bad. They're disgusted to realise that there are politics in the show, and it's not favourable to their side (even though the show has satirised a lot of "woke ideology" stuff too).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought it was at first as well, but seemed to just be her fight skills since she still didn't heal.

Oh and this was so heartfelt

Yeah I think so. But she was badass!

Ha ha that was very spot on. Good cameos as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Especially with the secret camera. Some things can never be unseen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3.6: Wow! What a freakin episode! 😲

What a fight! All the stories wrapping around it too!

I haven't a clue. Definitely feels like it could go any which way.

The Shiner on Homelander! 😲

It did look like something was going on there.

Something like the Soldier Boy effect wears off slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Really brilliant episode. The fight scene was fantastic and plenty of funny moments too (oh Deep).

This is maybe my favourite show on TV. As mentioned, Soldier Boy has been a terrific addition. I hope he sticks around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Homelander

A-Train, christ that was a revenge run. He'll wake up next episode with heart reset or some such

For once he was actually sorry but that made Howie's punch more visceral. He was stunned at an actual apology and years of frustration popped at once.

Love sausage is still the most disturbing thing ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Oh.. eh.. I wouldn't be getting hopes up for A-Train next episode.

By Superhero show stories.. it feels like he's gone into the long haul. Like maybe a come back through some nefarious measures later on. Otherwise ded ded.

Advertisement