Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boys - Amazon Prime Original - (**Spoilers**) (No Comic Spoilers!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭archfi

I'm pretty sure that was an ars*hole Termite climbed into :)

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It was his díck hole

Good start to that season to be fair. I agree with Penn that maybe it's time to start phasing Homelander out, or even just have him openly a bad guy because there's a lot of potential there.

As a reader of the comics, I'm actually kinda happy with the various things they've changed as it's just making the show better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3.2: You know.. every single scene in this show feels like it has soo much work put into it. All the characters taking themselves seriously, all the camera work, acting, direction with so much work and effort behind em. Not sure where the overall story is going but I think that's about all else that needs to deliver at this point.

The freaking gore though! 😲😱 That scene where

Butcher was killing Gunpowder.. and how it all just went silent and so it went to the sound makers.. The Foley team I think it's called .. and the acting of Karl Urban.. damn.. that was so unsettling. Not that half the other scenes weren't either.

Props to the MM storyline and how he's confronting himself and being honest like that.

For the overall story, I was definitely wrong already and now guessing something like

Nadia was used by Stan as a test on Solider Boy.. guessing she exploded his head.. so I'm guessing Stan feels safe and thinks she is his backup if he ever needs to take out Homelander.

Not sure what's going to happen to Homelander after the end of this episode. Sounds like he's out as the public face for Vought at least. Dunno does that mean he'll go big scale baddie against the public though or just go off all quiet or something

Last note, Karl Urban pulled off some great face expressions here and really had me hankering for a Dredd sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It was definitely his dick.

3.3: Damn, they keep on adding story on top of story here.

It really feels like they are building up to a homelander death but I dunno. Could just be to throw off the audience.

Anyway, I guess there's gonna be some Russia next

Can't believe I'd forgotten about last seasons

head exploding kiler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finished episode 3. I'm enjoying it. I agree that they need to do something significant with Homelander this season. They've built things up well but it needs a pay-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Acosta

The Tony Gilroy line nearly broke me

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

The Deep really is a creepy character

This show is so **** crazy haven't not read the comics I know very little about the character development I can see Butcher going nuclear this season he is definitely veering towards a meltdown of some epic proportions

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

Fantastic 3 episodes of season 3. Homelander just gets creepier and more evil with each episode. Can not wait for this Friday's episode to drop

Agreed but there has to be payoff, at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I'm finding this season a bit of a chore tbh, I have zero interest in most of the characters at this stage or their boring stories - Only the Homelander Vs Butcher line holds any weight now. Hughie and Starlight are as irritating as ever but now they're getting way too much screen time - The whole Soldier boy storyline seems to have been just hacked together, the new character Supersonic seems pointless so far, what a bland character! The only scenes that pep me up a bit feature Homelander or Butcher, I love to hate both, they have the best scenes in general and keep it at least a little exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Never fails to provide a WTF moment in each episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭shawki

What time does this drop?

I'm refreshing my prime now and still only have 3 episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

No sign of episode 4 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dot Dar

1pm Irish time I think it is

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

• Registered Users Posts: 85,586 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Funny that although Homelander cares about the general publics approval rating he is moving to the territory of pitting supes against non-supes. Its obvious he wants to be in charge but not obvious what he wants to do when in charge.

Enjoying this season. I think Homelander basically wants power for its own sake, to be respected and just get his way.

4: I definitely had a 😱 followed shortly by a 😲

and then the rest of the episode felt like regular The Boys.

😱 when Kimiko made the first kill

😲when yer wan betrayed Stan Edgar

The Soldier Boy was an easy enough to guess nod to Winter Soldier in the MCU

Up until the end of the episode I'd been slowly forming the idea that there was a gigantic fight with Homelander coming.. where it might go like *Invincible Spoilers* .. how Omni-Man in Invincible took out all the superheroes..

Not so this time.. as one is already dead.

I'm still guessing like episode 2 .. and they hinted at it here.. that maybe Nadias head exploding power could work on Homelander

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just got through all 4 episodes now.

I had to google to see if Soldier Boy had been mentioned before now, since they seem to talk about him nonstop now.

And maybe the return might have been more of a surprise if they hadn't plastered the news and promotional images of him everywhere.

I agree Homelander needs to be written out or he needs to kill someone important. Like he has no problem killing people that are against him yet he won't kill any of The Boys or any of the other main characters.

Wonder if Anthony Starr will ever be trusted when he smiles in real life. He does the fake, forced smile so well. Can always tell by the eyes.

So Soldier Boy's blast dampens a supes power, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Either that or at the very least it means they can't use superhealing or invincibility to heal from it.

Did we even find out what Supersonic's power was? Did he just have super-"WasInABoybandWhenHeWasYounger"?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭RickBlaine

I'm enjoying this season a lot but if Homelander is still in the 7 by the end of it, I'll be disappointed. He either needs to die or be stripped of his powers (which for him is probably a fate worse than death).

The whole season seems to be geared towards taking him down and it is the right time to be honest. Hopefully they don't drag it out past this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Now that you mention it, stripping of the powers is possible now we saw what happened Kimiko.

I like that the temp V just gives random powers when they could've gone the route of Hughie also getting the same powers as Butcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭RickBlaine

Yeah, what happened to Kimiko gave me the idea. It would mean he gets his comeuppance without actually killing him which would allow Anthony Star to stay in the series showing how loosing his powers impacts Homelander. Could be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

From looking at it, I would say it's the only real way to move on with homelander, have some way to bring his power level down.

Ryan bring a threat is a few seasons away, butcher even with V is still not as powerful!

It would be great to have a serious redemption for soldier boy, realizing being a dick got him cought.

The pure V that Nadia gave her daughter was a good touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I wonder will the crusher that got out of the hospital reappear again. Wouldn't mind if Jamie becomes a regular :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,484 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Soldier Boy got his long overdue Vrammy for this after the tragic nuclear reactor accident which took his life:

• Advertisement

3.5: Awe no way! I need to see the next episode!!

Not sure how this fight with Homelander is gonna go down but when Homelander was watching the news scene showing Soldier Boy exploding in front of the van in town.. it looked like he recognised Soldier Boy .. maybe by the powers? .. and he looks a little.. apprehensive?

Kimikos singing dancing scenes are so... I dunno.. dreamy? .. like in a kinda feelsgood way.

Advertisement