Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boys - Amazon Prime Original - (**Spoilers**) (No Comic Spoilers!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,257 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Great episode.

Good season so far.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

Am I right in saying that if Soldier Boy activated his blast, that it would have taken away Homelanders powers?

Maybe Soldier Boy needs a bit if Kate Bush wailing in his ears to get the ball rolling .....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

thats right, and possibly turned butcher and hughie into charcoal also. thats why billy told him to 'get outta here'

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

Excellent episode. Just keeps getting better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Just when i think homelander can't get another facial expression out Antony Starr manages it , great great acting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

My read of A-Train is that he's dead-dead. Hearing his heart beat slow down and stop to be replaced with the peaceful sound of birds tweeting seemed like a symbol of him finally finding peace, especially when you consider he (sort of) reconciled, or at least tried to - he acknowledged it and the hurt he caused him, with Hughie.

Begs the question - how many of The Seven are left at this stage? Assuming Maeve is still alive? Is Black Noir going to get her?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yeah definitely something up there. Would be unusual for something off screen to have been a happy ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

She definitely has and it's so distracting. A number of obvious proceedures straight off the bat.

Obvious nose job, brow lift, cheek fat removal, lip fillers.

Feel this season has been a bit bumpy in getting to the last episode which was admittedly excellent. Loved season 1 and 2, feel this is a little bit of a step down but definitely in the minority in holding that view. Not bad by any means, but a few things holding it back from hitting its previous heights.

The whole subplot with Frenchie's former boss was just awful. Every single scene with her in it was a bore.

Thought the many episodes wasted on finding the weapon/Soldier Boy were a bit annoying too considering their marketing dept had made it so clear that he was alive. Was just sat there wondering can we get on with it, you've already told us that he is alive and by doing so effectively confirmed that he will end up being the 'weapon'.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Things have just taken a twist

• Registered Users Posts: 33,346 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I like how they dealt with the A-Train situation. I thought it'd be a bit of a cop-out if he survived, but what they've done works really well and could be far more interesting.

Everything to do with Black Noir was incredibly well done too. It didn't really reveal much to us that wasn't already known or heavily hinted at, but considering how in the background he's always been, it was a great way of bringing his character together and setting him up for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I can see why some right wingers are disliking the show now- although they took the p!ss out of wokeness in Voightworld it is more leaning now to mocking conspiracy theories and right wing tv pundits and even slightly reproductive rights with the scene of Homelander at the prison. Not sure if solider boy should stay around seems like a one note joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What a twist. I didn't think of that possibility but I like it. It opens up a lot of interesting options now.

Looking forward to the season finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3.7: I totally didn't see that coming. Even when they hinted at a surprise. Dunno what's gonna happen now.

Father son teamup? Novichok maybe taking them both out? .. well.. knocking them out I guess since only Soldier Boy so far can take powers.. unless maybe the head popper can use her powers on both.

Totally got that wrong too.

Also damn that episode went some dark.. er.. places.

Thought the reveal was quite telegraphed personally. With SB talking about wanting a bunch of rugrats previously and also talking about being with Stormfront (who is going to be revealed as the mother surely).

Going to be some sort of tri-generation showdown in the finale as the only thing that makes sense for Neumann to have given HL was Ryans location.

I also imagine at this point that Compound-V is going to be the only thing that can save the temp-V takers.

Having Soldier Boy be the daddy is a smart move, get him onside and "prove" Starlight is a liar. Kinda saw it coming but his poetic description of how he sired Homelander was good

• Advertisement

I don't understand why Starlight still hasn't released the video from the plane.

Hmmmm maybe but it's very frustrating when something like that is introduced solely for it to be held over someone's head and then conveniently forgotten. I know Homelander almost dared her to release it but if she's truly not afraid of him anymore it should have been the first thing she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Homelander called their bluff and they realised it would be too dangerous to release it. If the people turned against him he would have nothing left to lose and likely go on a killing spree. Think was a couple episodes ago they were talking about it.

But what is she trying to do if not get people to turn against him?

Post edited by FunLover18 on

• Registered Users Posts: 32,248 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Another excellent episode this week.

This might be a silly question..but..

Why are Billy and Hughie taking the temp V (they now know it is harmful) can they not just take the same real V that Kimiko has taken?

The twist was coming tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Billy doesnt want to be a permanent supe as he hates them and wants them all gone. He is a hypricote being one temporarily but is not that much of one to become a supe permanently. I dont think he could live with doing that. He doesnt seem to have anything to live for if he kill homelander. Pity they didnt develop the relationship with Maeve better.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If Soldier Boy teams up with Homelander after the recent revelation, that would seem a good way to bring MM and the others back into Butcher's camp since they're after Soldier Boy. The suggestion above that Ryan will be the target of Homelander makes sense, and allows Billy to resolve things with him.

Black Noir presumably knows where Maeve is, so I reckon he breaks her out and they'll join The Boys. If Ryan is the target, then I could see Mallory getting killed. The character has probably run her course at this point. I hope Soldier Boy doesn't get killed off as I've enjoyed him. Having him take Ryan somewhere could be a good way to get them out of the picture for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,346 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's a delicate balance. They have to keep Homelander controlled until they have the ability to kill him. They know that above all else, Homelander loves his position and the adoration of the public, so they threatened him with releasing the video to try keep him under control. He's called their bluff, but he's still remaining relatively controlled to maintain his position.

So even now with Starlight revealing Vought secrets, it's enough that Homelander can still try to manage the situation publicly, but if she released the plane video it's likely Homelander wouldn't be able to control things and would go after them out of vengeance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will Homelanders son actually turn out to be Soldier Boys son

Is Black Noir deaf or did he Just lose his voice

Advertisement