Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The girl living upstairs is dizzy as fook. She keeps putting big huge boxes in the recycling without breaking them up. The landlady specifically put up a notice about this on the back door asking people to break up their boxes so they don't fill the whole bin. There were bags all over the back yard as they couldn't fit them into the bin because of the box. In the space of two minutes I had to break up her box and get the bags into the bin. Why am I the fooking fool doing this? She really doesn't even think of other people at all. Common sense would indicate that a huge box will fill a bin and other people won't get their rubbish in. I honestly think I'm the only person living here with any cop on at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

DanMurphy wrote: »
    Never heard of such a device. Wish I could switch it off.

I got a Samsung TV a few years back and it seemed to be on by default. Setting was buried deep in a menu, nearly drove me mad :mad:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's usually among the "audio language" options.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

0lddog wrote: »
    No !
    No !
    No !

When southern Europeans can get it right there is no excuse for "native English speakers".

Perhaps its the English living over here are to blame ( great excuse for a couple of YT clips from Lerner and Loewe :) )

( It does bring home to me just how offensive I must sound when fluffing Spanish & Italian verbs :o )

Dog I feel your pain, but today I listened to the National Public Service broadcaster relay a football game from Tullamore.

Now the co commentator is a great guy ,great enthusiasm...but...

He drove a fcuking COACH and FOUR through the ‘done’and ‘seen’ usage.

Sorry I’m wrong.... He drove a fcuking SHERMAN TANK, A fcuking A10 TANK BUSTER a WARTHOG through the ‘done and ‘seen usage.

Blew the hole off the usage and left the lingo in tatthers on the airwaves.

And you have the fcuking nerve to tell me the battle on this one is not lost!

Sorry for the rant , it the horses have bolted on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

It annoys me that......
    When I see this thread topic on Boards homepage, that it reads in my mind perfectly as in: 'trivial things that annoy you'... Annoying to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

One upmanship , or whatever you call it . If you said to someone oh I had a toe removed , they'd say they had two removed . Went out for a nice meal ? They'd have gone to the 5Star Michelin Award place . Ye get the idea .

Sometimes I feel like saying would they ever **** off , but I'm polite , instead I pity them tbh .

Rant over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

It is impossible to gauge how much you have left in a bottle of baileys. You might get 3 more glasses out of it. Or you might get a dribble! Annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

A friend made loose plans with me to go and see glow and a hot port this afternoon/evening.. Heard nothing. Have been making all the effort lately so not even going to bother..

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

German rail this weekend.:mad:

Every few years i’m giving them the chance to prove me wrong. But they ultimately fail everytime. Starting at Freiburg already 40 minutes late to Bale, Switzerland. Of course i not only missed the normal connection but the next train in the general direction as well. Just a little hop of 120km to a small village called Jestetten with two times changing trains.

Free Wifi at Bale Badischer Bahnhof wasn’t working as well. Couldn’t be bothered with the roaming fees and arrived at my final destination over a hour late. :rolleyes:

Today on the way back the second train was only 4 minutes late. Doesn’t seem much but when you have only 2 minutes to run from platform 8 to number 4 with 30 kilo baggage it’s a little bit challenging. Of course the ICE was overbooked but at least it’s only half a hour back to Freiburg.:P

Tomorrow they will be on strike. Don’t know if the customers see any difference to their usual service. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've probably said this before...but why don't people park in their garden, on their own driveway? A neighbour of mine has a jeep and a smallish truck, and for the past week the truck has been parked outside my garden. I don't drive but I still have to get into my garden! When I leave, I have to take a right and then a left, rather than just veering left straight away.

He has already messed up the grass on the green in front of our houses. If you're going to do that, at least park on it the odd time to hide the fact that you've messed it up!

In my parents' estate, it's worse. In a 1 minute drive into the estate, a driver would usually have to pull over 2 or 3 times to let others by.

• Advertisement

Moved into the city centre recently. Love it but the car is an awful dose for parking. Them's the trade offs!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

My shower / shave routine is as follows:
    Monday - shower
    Tuesday - shave and shower
    Wednesday - shower
    Thursday - shave and shower
    Friday - shower
    Saturday - shower
    Sunday - shave and shower

I get up at 6am Monday to Friday to go to work. Two shaves in five days means less of a rush those other three mornings.

This morning I showered but forgot to shave. Now the whole routime is disrupted.

Do you not bleach?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Thought I was being so generous to my tomorrow self last night leaving the last of the wine to have with my dinner today. Shouldn’t have bothered. I’d say you’d get more liquid blessing yourself coming out of mass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

It annoys me that Boards.ie doesn't have a thread that's a middle ground between After Hours and Personal Issues. You know... a thread where you want real answers (like Personal Issues) but not quite as serious as Personal Issues, and you know that After Hours is going to provide nothing but nonsense responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My flatmates went out without even asking me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    One upmanship , or whatever you call it . If you said to someone oh I had a toe removed , they'd say they had two removed . Went out for a nice meal ? They'd have gone to the 5Star Michelin Award place . Ye get the idea .

Sometimes I feel like saying would they ever **** off , but I'm polite , instead I pity them tbh .

Rant over :D

I just shut down in that instance. Listening is a dying skill but I'm sure it's being said generation after generation.

People who moan how hard it is to reach me on the phone when I return their missed calls. I'm not a 24 hour answering service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

DareGod wrote: »
    It annoys me that Boards.ie doesn't have a thread that's a middle ground between After Hours and Personal Issues. You know... a thread where you want real answers (like Personal Issues) but not quite as serious as Personal Issues, and you know that After Hours is going to provide nothing but nonsense responses.

Well I don't know if you're male or female but there's The Gentlemen's something or other, and there's The Ladies Lounge, think there's Chat Threads in both those Forums, they could perhaps be classed as something light-hearted with a P.I. edge/angle. And there's The Nocturnal Forum. It's like a step down from A.H. with a bitta serious-ness and light-hearted-ness and P.I. throw in.. Havn't been in Noccers in aaaaaaaaaaaages! Used to practically live in there! It took up all of my time hah, got too attached! And didn't go anywhere else on Boards really! But since I've come to AH, have kind-of branched out a bit! But yeah in fairness, there's all-sorts covered on Boards. Well i.m.o. there is. Have a look around and you may find a suitable place for what you're looking for...

T.A. at tired eyes.

Also, was all excited budgeting me few Coppers for the Christmas weeks, and delighted that I had decent enough money to cover me for the few weeks, I may even get to go out and all going well will have enough to buy a couple of items of clothing! And I decided to check me Emails, only to find a lovely Email reminding me Motor Tax is due.... Ballz to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Try_harder wrote: »
    My body clock is fooked

Still fooked :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Completely unexplained and worsening insomnia.

I felt more awake at 4am than I did l day.

Feel like I'm drowning.. at work.

Also, sleep is so bad the last few nights. Guess that's the 7th house move in 12 months plus new job, plus work Grievance plus estrangement from my Mother and Brother.

Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Credit card bill a good bit more than I had in my head, but when I check the statement I remember...have to pay my car insurance too... oh well merry Christmas. :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Mondays

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

The girl living upstairs is dizzy as fook. She keeps putting big huge boxes in the recycling without breaking them up. The landlady specifically put up a notice about this on the back door asking people to break up their boxes so they don't fill the whole bin. There were bags all over the back yard as they couldn't fit them into the bin because of the box. In the space of two minutes I had to break up her box and get the bags into the bin. Why am I the fooking fool doing this? She really doesn't even think of other people at all. Common sense would indicate that a huge box will fill a bin and other people won't get their rubbish in. I honestly think I'm the only person living here with any cop on at all.

You're too nice, she'll never learn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who ask you to choose a time for a meeting and then have zero availability

In the office since 7:40. Only just getting my lunch now. People at me 24/7. We're entitled to coffee break and 1 hour lunch. Should finish at 4:30 but I'm thinking I should go at 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I'm sick of being slapped in the face by Christmas. I can't wait for this "festive season" to be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That stupid saying 'keep her lit'.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I spent so long cooking and making sure everyone else had their dinner, that now I’m sitting down to eat mine, I’ve no appetite at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I spent so long cooking and making sure everyone else had their dinner, that now I’m sitting down to eat mine, I’ve no appetite at all.

Oh thats me all over.I dont enjoy my dinner at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

dubstarr wrote: »
    Oh thats me all over.I dont enjoy my dinner at all.

And you end up eating alone after everyone else has finished.

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement