Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It is blowing a gale and lashing rain and I have to go out at least 3 more times today.
    I promised the small child I would find something of mine from childhood for her. I could have sworn blind it was on a shelf in the tiny room that has everything just thrown into it. But of course there isn't a sign of it and now I have become slightly obsessed with finding it. I'm going to have to go full on search party now and wiggle through the boxes of ****. Tally ho!

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    It is blowing a gale and lashing rain and I have to go out at least 3 more times today.
    I promised the small child I would find something of mine from childhood for her. I could have sworn blind it was on a shelf in the tiny room that has everything just thrown into it. But of course there isn't a sign of it and now I have become slightly obsessed with finding it. I'm going to have to go full on search party now and wiggle through the boxes of ****. Tally ho!
    Did you check down the back of the couch? 😜

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I have a headache and really really cannot be arsed being here in work!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My bf is looking at buying a car to learn to drive in. All the cars he's looking at are 2013 up, 10-20k cars. This really shouldn't annoy me and of course I'm happy for him, but I'm slightly jealous that he's gonna have a car miles better than I have, and I'm the one who actually has a full licence :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Heard the council leaf sweeper upper coming , mad dash to throw the pile in our garden out on the road . Delighted with nice tidy garden when the wind picks up and blows every leaf off every tree and lands them in our garden again

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Heard the council leaf sweeper upper coming , mad dash to throw the pile in our garden out on the road . Delighted with nice tidy garden when the wind picks up and blows every leaf off every tree and lands them in our garden again

One of the reasons I'm not clearing mine!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I accidentally left my phone charger plugged in to the wall when I was getting out of hospital. I've asked my CF nurses if anyone had seen it but it seems to have gone walkabout. I'm using my mum's for now but I'm TA'd that I forgot it and have to buy a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

The way educated (presumably!) adults throw numbers around to make a point!

Like this rubbish :confused:

dc7qev.jpg

Seriously I have spent 15 minutes of my time googling income from tourism, number of homes in Ireland (is that households or some other statistic) trying to see where he has come up with the €1000.

I think a representative of the smoking industry should stand up and tell him how much less tax "Every home" pays because of income generated from the sale of cigarettes. Would it not be as relevant an argument?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Would be a better argument as smoking also helps the homeless\housing crisis in the end.

Did you check down the back of the couch? 😜

Lol, no, it's a pair of bootskates :)
    But that reminds me of finding pieces of cheese, crackers and apples shoved under it yet again the other day :(
    And I hunted out boxes and dusty shelves for my old bootskates and couldn't find them. Really annoying me as I have them since I was about 9 and would have bet my life they were in there:(.

• Advertisement

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I accidentally left my phone charger plugged in to the wall when I was getting out of hospital. I've asked my CF nurses if anyone had seen it but it seems to have gone walkabout. I'm using my mum's for now but I'm TA'd that I forgot it and have to buy a new one.

I feel your pain, I've bought three portable chargers in the last month or so and left every one somewhere!!!!

After buying expensive phone chargers that didn't last more than a few weeks I chanced buying the Penneys one.. Still going strong months later, worth a try and only 5e ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    My bf is looking at buying a car to learn to drive in. All the cars he's looking at are 2013 up, 10-20k cars. This really shouldn't annoy me and of course I'm happy for him, but I'm slightly jealous that he's gonna have a car miles better than I have, and I'm the one who actually has a full licence :(

Learn to drive in a older car, he'll appreciate a newer car then. Or someday he'll have to drive an old car and won't have a clue. I learned to drive in an old Land Rover, in a field, no brakes and no power steering.
    It's like giving a 10 year old a PS4 or an IPhone 8. They'll have no appreciation. A Sega Master System and Nokia 5110.
    My rant for the day - People who ring you back when you text them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

That hipster prick on the Diet Coke ad annoys me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

If it's an android charger, I have a few and will send you one if you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Have a blocked nose, and for some reason can only breathe if I lie on my right side... I sleep on my left side. :(

I passed a woman on the street yesterday and for a split second I thought she was someone else. Coincidentally today I saw the woman I had thought it was today in Super Valu and I can't remember for the life of me where I know her from:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I'm absolutely sick off everyone and their **** today. I'm done. I give up.

After buying expensive phone chargers that didn't last more than a few weeks I chanced buying the Penneys one.. Still going strong months later, worth a try and only 5e ish.
    If it's an android charger, I have a few and will send you one if you wish

Thanks very much lads but I actually ordered one online earlier today, it cost me 8 pounds so about ten euro I guess, not the worst. I'll remember what you said about the Penneys chargers Duvet, thanks for the info!

I know what you're up to Mookie, just trying to get my address out of me :p Ah seriously though, thank you for the offer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Thanks very much lads but I actually ordered one online earlier today, it cost me 8 pounds so about ten euro I guess, not the worst. I'll remember what you said about the Penneys chargers Duvet, thanks for the info!

I know what you're up to Mookie, just trying to get my address out of me :p Ah seriously though, thank you for the offer :)

I already know where you live.... Ted told me :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oxfam and other charity shops often have spare ones on sale for a euro or thereabouts, if you're stuck. :)
    I already know where you live.... Ted told me :D

:D:D:D Excellently played! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Learn to drive in a older car, he'll appreciate a newer car then. Or someday he'll have to drive an old car and won't have a clue. I learned to drive in an old Land Rover, in a field, no brakes and no power steering.
    It's like giving a 10 year old a PS4 or an IPhone 8. They'll have no appreciation. A Sega Master System and Nokia 5110.
    My rant for the day - People who ring you back when you text them.

I said exactly the same thing, but try telling him that :rolleyes: I learned to drive in a 02 Polo, and even the car I have now is only a 06, but he wants to get the best he possibly can

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I went to the chemist to get shampoo for my itchy scalp and now it's worse! Huge white flakes all over and really itchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA' that I am being dragged down to the dregs of this place.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA' that I am being dragged down to the dregs of this place.

TA'd that you're giving out my address to everyone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA'd that you're giving out my address to everyone :P

I thought you might have been homesick & wanted to have a few visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Plus a "Non euro transaction fee" or am I the only one paying that with U.B?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I passed a woman on the street yesterday and for a split second I thought she was someone else. Coincidentally today I saw the woman I had thought it was today in Super Valu and I can't remember for the life of me where I know her from:(

That sh*t is a bit spooky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Ordered a gorgeous sparkly top from Zara and tried it on in store. It is stunning but a little erm ... prone to displaying inappropriate areas :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

I've to go resit leaving cert maths to do the masters I want to do. So annoyed, they want a C in higher level, I got an A in ordinary, and won't accept me on the grounds of my degree. I'm so nervous about resitting leaving cert maths!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement