Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Pouring milk on corn flakes and it bounces back on my shirt that I just washed and ironed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Not sure if I posted this.
    I read a head line about a man who lost loads of weight by one simple step.
    I clicked into the article expecting it to say he exercised more or gave up a type of food.
    His change was he did an online shop which meant he didn't get buy junk food and he didn't have to go out to take aways then and he had more time to exercise.
    That's not a simple step!

Energy In
    Energy Out

In theory it's dead simple but food is complicated for a lot of people

Most of us have our poison

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Neighbour out cutting grass, on fúcking Sunday evening.
    A neighbour of mine was out cutting the grass or trimming a hedge just after 9 this morning. There's no need for that! (I was out too, but not doing anything noisy.)

I got a new pair of sunglasses the other day, and the first time I wore them, I was on my bike. I thought a fly flew into my eye (and there were flies about) but when I stopped there was nothing there. I kept seeing this shadow again, but eventually solved the mystery.

I have a small 'beauty mark' 1cm to the left of my left eye, and because of the curvature of the new sunglasses, I can see the reflection of it in my peripheral view. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

That's it, no more chocolate. No more!! I give permission for someone to punch me in the tit if I dare to eat chocolate for the next few days :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Neighbour out cutting grass, on fúcking Sunday evening.

not underplaying and dismissing your personal annoyance but for me, I love the sound of a lawnmower on a sunny day! Very summery! If I heard it on a cloudy or cold day though, with not a ray of sun in the sky, it would p*ss me off !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Succubus_ wrote: »
    That's it, no more chocolate. No more!! I give permission for someone to punch me in the tit if I dare to eat chocolate for the next few days :P

While on the subject of chocolate, my Cadbury's easter egg was subtly different and not as nice this year. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Wasn't Cadbury's bought out by Kraft who are notorious for buying a company and then cheapening the ingredients? Someone was telling me that they've since been bought out again but don't know how true that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,470 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

A prying neighbour whom I can't get away from fast enough :rolleyes:

That new animated google search thing, for the love of vertigo make it stop! :eek:

Can't wake up, can't get sleep. Aches and pains that come out of nowhere.......... when the fook did I get this old?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Think it's more that Kraft split into two parts. Kraft, which is the American operation and Mondelez International which controls Cadbury among others.
    I've read that they switched to using powdered rather than liquid milk which would affect texture and replaced some of the cocoa solids with palm oil. I'll have a look at the ingredients one day to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I girl I know, who has wonderful parents, and every advantage, making a complete mess of her life. I know, none of my business, but others work so hard to get the things she takes for granted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That the bank holiday weekend is coming to an end :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeaPot918

Celery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

TeaPot918 wrote: »
    Celery

This is the only food that my father in law, who quite happily sat and ate a cabbage and sweet chilli sauce sandwich in front of me, refuses to touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I have blisters on the backs of my ankles from my shoes last night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Cucumber, the smell and the taste of it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My head is sore and a bit dented. I got it wedged in the shed doorway between the washing basket I was carrying on my shoulder and the door jamb. I swear some things can only happen to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I hope you're OK now

branie2 wrote: »
    I hope you're OK now

I'm OK thanks, will have to be more careful in future :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    My head is sore and a bit dented. I got it wedged in the shed doorway between the washing basket I was carrying on my shoulder and the door jamb. I swear some things can only happen to me.

I do those things too. My own car door once attacked me. :D
    Hope you are okay.

SirChenjin wrote: »
    I do those things too. My own car door once attacked me. :D
    Hope you are okay.

I am self medicating with an Easter egg :). It's not the first time I have shut my head in a door, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

TeaPot918 wrote: »
    Celery

Disgusting. Horrible stringy piss

• Registered Users Posts: 13,470 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

.......am I detecting a Boards glitch???

A neighbour of mine was out cutting the grass or trimming a hedge just after 9 this more. There's no need for that! (I was out too, but not doing anything noisy.)

Ah, they're all so last century with their quaint lawnmowers that make noise. All the cool kids are doing this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Bought 2 pairs of Snickers Work trousers online at Christmas. Each came with a free belt. It's fecking elastic. Pointless. There's 2 hammer loops on the trousers. I used them to pull up the trousers because the belt wasn't doing it's job.
    Back to a leather belt since.
    But there's a bigger problem with them. A BUTTON FLY. Christ what a nuisance. I spend more time opening and shutting the "barn door". Almost looks like I'm interfering with myself. Fair enough a button fly can't fail like a zip which I know only too well. If I'd seen button fly mentioned in the description I'd have avoided them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I am self medicating with an Easter egg :). It's not the first time I have shut my head in a door, lol.

What you need is a nice hot cup o barry's tae to take the pain away :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Some bellpipe living down the road from me has a stupid car that makes a 'phoooo' noise when gears are changed. Fcuking annoying when they drive past 3 times in five minutes, I've my windows open to cool the place down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Do You Want Your Old Lobby Washed Down, by Brendan Shine, is stuck in my head for about two days. Apologies if it’s contagious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

People saying they “could care less” about something instead of “couldn’t care less”......Go on then! Care less!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Do You Want Your Old Lobby Washed Down, by Brendan Shine, is stuck in my head for about two days. Apologies if it’s contagious.

Uh oh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

At least it's better than 'How much is that doggie in the window'

TA awake too early.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement