Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm wide awake much earlier than I need to be, which is a TA in itself, decide to have a listen to the news, look at the clock and it's 6:04....ggrrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Sprained my ankle at the weekend so the OH drove me to the shops yesterday to pick up a few things. Jesus Christ I remember now why I do all the driving! He is the most nervous driver I've ever met. Drives too close to the kerb, too close to parked cars, tried to take our wing mirror off driving into the driveway, couldn't drive nose first into a parking space, can't reverse, revs the car to **** and refuses to go into 4th gear, nearly cut it out on a hill, drove consistently about 10mph below the speed limit with no other traffic on the road and brakes really harshly. He hates driving with a passion and it shows. My nerves were shot when we got home!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

When people use that idiotic phrase 'World class'. Minister Simon Harris was on the news yesterday and described the National Children's Hospital upon its completion as "World class". What does 'World class' actually mean, literally?:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Count Down wrote: »
    When people use that idiotic phrase 'World class'. Minister Simon Harris was on the news yesterday and described the National Children's Hospital upon its completion as "World class". What does 'World class' actually mean, literally?:confused:

World class means forget about the overspend pleeeeeeeaaaaaasssssee

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Heavy weekend of a night out on Saturday (after a dry start to the year) and a Super Bowl party on Sunday, meant I was wrecked going to bed last night.

Of course, it was the one night the OH's dog decided to have a one-person barking concert downstairs. He seemed to be at it all night.

So much for a recovery nights sleep. Groggy in work so far today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

davidk1394 wrote:
    It was the culchies day out in big shmoke yesterday. Decided I’d see what the fuss was about over these Krispe Kreme doughnuts. I was in the drive thru que when a woman pulls up on the road in a Merc jeep. Leaves it running, gets out and walks over to the drive thru and somehow gets served. Not sure whether I’d give her a pat on the back or a boot up the àrse really.

This seems to be a weird northside thing. I used to work in Finglas and on two separate occasions saw people park their car at McDonald's in Charlestown and walk through the drive-thru???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Class in 5 minutes and every car park on campus is full

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Genius here decided she didn't need a raincoat this morning, sure only a few steps from car to office building.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I've been caught in the rain too many times lately, in a jacket that's more like a towel, to take that risk.
    Checked the phone this morning, high chance of rain, brolly it is.

Not a drop yet but I'm prepared at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Bredabe

When the solution to a lot of problems is simple, but completely impossible to implement!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for some people's lack of punctuality - if you say you'll be somewhere at a particular time, you be there. If something came up and us delaying you, ring or text to tell them you are running late. It's quite infuriating at times tbh. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Every time I put up my hood today I managed to dislodge my glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Stress. Week 3 of the semester and already I have so much to do and no time to do it. Have readings, draft blog posts, an article for the college newspaper, and a proposed outline for my FYP to send to my potential supervisor. How will I find time? Can’t do it in the evenings as I’m usually wrecked after driving home, can’t do it any the weekends as I’m working. Feeling like somethings gotta give between commuting and working, but neither can because I can’t afford to move in, and I can’t afford to give up work.

When did we start using "semester"? Of all the Americanisms, that word annoys me the most. I instantly picture a Frat House.

Isn't it still called "term"?

(Sorry Kitty, I do hope things work out for you :) )

When did we start using "semester"? Of all the Americanisms, that word annoys me the most. I instantly picture a Frat House.

I’ve been in college three years and it’s been semester since I’ve been there, I just figured that schools had terms and colleges had semesters :confused:

And thanks, I’m sure I’ll be just fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

Blasted Americanisms - teachers are becoming 'Educators'. What next?
    We'll be buying gasoline instead of petrol.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Why do people insist on typing with full capitalisation. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I’ve been in college three years and it’s been semester since I’ve been there, I just figured that schools had terms and colleges had semesters :confused:

And thanks, I’m sure I’ll be just fine :)

My lot were in Uni 15 years ago and it was known as a semester . A pregnancy is three trimesters .Its from Latin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Jeremy Clarkson giving out about the Americans. "They call a liquid, gas"

Three days the ladies in my assignment group have been going back and forth saying things like "on point b, do you think she means this or that" and " now here, does this word mean x or y" Middering like a flock on every dam point.

Fed up to my runny nostrils with this I suggest they compiled a list and ask the tutor for clarification at the online classroom tonight, they respond by saying they are going with what they have.:mad::mad::mad:

The definition of ta, a hard of hearing and shortsighted dyslexic asking a dyspraxic how to put a mini sim into their new phone.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not at all frustrating or time-consuming, not at all at all.

Now if only they were quieter and not so loud I can't hear the phone!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Sushi.

Never enough of the stuff unless you spend a small fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People that drive into perpendicular parking spaces only to reverse out into traffic blindly.
    Far easier to get out if you only reverse into your space.

'Excited for....' and similar Yank sh1tetalk starting creep in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,211 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

People that drive into perpendicular parking spaces only to reverse out into traffic blindly.
    Far easier to get out if you only reverse into your space.

Is it far easier to get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

It's the spellings that do my head in like - tire fiber liter color etc. might be some excuse if you're a Yank, but not if you're from some backward place like.... Dublin. Irish web site in Ireland = Hiberno-English please.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Is it far easier to get in?

You can see what you're doing if you reverse in/drive out. Reversing out blind is hoping someone's going to stop for you. Saw someone almost come a cropper assuming this, nearly ramming into another car.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Caught behind a fella at the petrol pumps, who could clearly see me in the queue behind his car, yet still engaged in conversation with someone in the middle of the forecourt. For about five minutes. Even the person he was talking to was acknowledging that perhaps he should move the car.

He was driving an Audi though, so perhaps that explains it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

'Excited for....' and similar Yank sh1tetalk starting creep in here.

"Like, oh my God, that is Soo true" :pac:

Seriously though, that type of talk is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,283 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Irish people obsessed with Israeli Palestinian issues.

Theresa May came to Belfast today to talk about BREXIT and the border.

There were a handful of protesters flying Palestinian flags and moaning about her supporting Israel.

You'd think BREXIT and the border are slightly more important issues in their lives?

Then again, as long as it doesn't affect their dole or disability allowance, they probably could care less about BREXIT

• Advertisement

Pain in my stomach :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement