Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Despite being one of the 14 ancient breeds, I get regular reminders that Lhasa Apsos play in the lower divisions of canine intelligence :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I hate it when you go to get the last delicious sip of coffee and you realise there's nothing left in the mug. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was in specsavers earlier. A man came in, smiled and said hello to me, I thought, nice. He was asked for his date of birth, he was born the year I started permanent work. It's official, I'm an ould one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People whistling, especially when they are walking behind you in work. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Cat knocked over and broke a lamp last night. Woke us all up at 4.30am.

I just couldn't get angry with her though, she's just too cute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

New Home wrote: »
    I hate it when you go to get the last delicious sip of coffee and you realise there's nothing left in the mug. :(

I've literally just done this! grrr….

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    My car, seems like there’s something wrong with it. Stopped in traffic, when I went to move again, the car wouldn’t move, as if it was stuck on something (it wasn’t). Eventually put the handbrake on, put it in neutral and then back into first gear and it moved again. Scared the shít out of me.

Mechanic said there was nothing wrong with it. Picked it up and it happened again. Had to drop it back in and he needs to keep it till tomorrow, which is potentially gonna make it awkward for me to get to work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Itsforwomen.ie. imagine the outrage if there was an insurance company that would only do business with men. Itsformen.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

eye watering all day....stop already, I'm running out of tissue

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In the cinema.

Some lady/woman/biyatch brought in 3 kids, they must have been about 3 or 4. Of age to be able to wander and scream. And wander and scream they did for the whole movie.
    Not only that, they each had a balloon on a stick, so while wandering and scream throughout the whole place, there were balloons blocking the screen whilst making pit stops for sugar from the lady to get them even more pepped up.
    At one point there was a dance-off taking place in the area in front of the screen which the lady encouraged.

I've never wanted to drop kick some one so much in my life. During all this, she sat in the front row on her phone the whole time while not clapping her hands to get them to dance more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Itsforwomen.ie. imagine the outrage if there was an insurance company that would only do business with men. Itsformen.ie

They insure men too! It’s purely a gimmicky marketing thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    In the cinema.

Some lady/woman/biyatch brought in 3 kids, they must have been about 3 or 4. Of age to be able to wander and scream. And wander and scream they did for the whole movie.
    Not only that, they each had a balloon on a stick, so while wandering and scream throughout the whole place, there were balloons blocking the screen whilst making pit stops for sugar from the lady to get them even more pepped up.
    At one point there was a dance-off taking place in the area in front of the screen which the lady encouraged.

I've never wanted to drop kick some one so much in my life. During all this, she sat in the front row on her phone the whole time while not clapping her hands to get them to dance more.

People here are far too tolerant . I was in a cinema in London and two young wans in front of us kept talking . At least four people lept on them and told them to stop or leave . They stopped !

My TA is i dropped a bloody stitch in my knitting and only noticed about 15 rows on . Had to rip back ! Bah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    People here are far too tolerant . I was in a cinema in London and two young wans in front of us kept talking . At least four people lept on them and told them to stop or leave . They stopped !

My TA is i dropped a bloody stitch in my knitting and only noticed about 15 rows on . Had to rip back ! Bah
    This is why I prefer crocheting to knitting. It's faster and if you make a mistake it's easier to fix! You do get lovely patterns though with knitting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭guineapigstar

My TA is having to put up with idiotic moderators telling me to quit with the backseat modding. If they were doing their job properly, I wouldn't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

"Yup", I ****ing hate hearing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    This is why I prefer crocheting to knitting. It's faster and if you make a mistake it's easier to fix! You do get lovely patterns though with knitting :)

I never mastered crochet . I love crocheted blankets etc .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA’d that I’m feeling down in myself tonight. Not sure why, maybe it’s the thought of work mixed with the stress of the car, I don’t know

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA that in most series on Netflix, each programme is a different length.

I just spot checked a few series. They are all for different minutes length.

43m, 39m, 48m, 49m, 47m,

41m, 47m, 47m, 44m, 42m

I know there isn't any material difference in a few minutes, just minor OCD.

I'm ever so slightly Ta'd that I seem to be the only one in the World that doesn't have Netflix.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm ever so slightly Ta'd that I seem to be the only one in the World that doesn't have Netflix.

Don't be, and don't feel lonely - I don't have it either. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Me either.

It's you and me against the world girl

You, Quickbeam and me. :)

*High fives* o/

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA at myself for making people feel left out for mentioning Netflix now

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Speaking for myself I don't feel a bit left out Ted

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Don't be, and don't feel lonely - I don't have it either. :)
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Me either.

Does it count if you had it but got rid of it?

Meh, the jury is still out on that, Seph. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Hope you're happy with yourself now tedo *cross face*

Meh, the jury is still out on that, Seph. ;)

Ok then

AmazingHopefulAmethystsunbird-poster.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I don’t have Netflix either

I’m now TA’d that I’m tired and need chocolate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement