Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Unearthly wrote: »
    Seems like they do it both

The Boys, The Man in the high castle, Goliath, Bosch, Hanna, Good Omens, The Marvellous Mrs Maisel and Sneaky Pete all released in one go

Yes, that is why I specified 'all' for Netflix and 'many' for Amazon in my original post.

I presume seeing the Netflix release model as the rule rather than an outlier is a misconception based on them being the first big player in the market and the Irish market not having as many streaming options.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Yes, that is why I specified 'all' for Netflix and 'many' for Amazon in my original post.

I presume seeing the Netflix release model as the rule rather than an outlier is a misconception based on them being the first big player in the market and the Irish market not having as many streaming options.

I disagree it's many. More like a small percentage compared to their overall releases.

That's me done anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

peteeeed wrote: »

That one second scene reminded me of Rogue One!

Big Words Mandalorian. Big Words!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 60,296 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Should start to pop up in the next 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

So this is tomorrow.
    All my US pals are staying up late to see can they login and watch the first episode.

Meanwhile I’m trying to find things to do to ignore the phone and internet until March (until tomorrow let’s be honest)

Loads more new tv spots have dropped. This is going to be great but not the huge release it should Have been.

Or maybe it’ll work in its favour?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

So this is tomorrow.
    All my US pals are staying up late to see can they login and watch the first episode.

Meanwhile I’m trying to find things to do to ignore the phone and internet until March (until tomorrow let’s be honest)

Loads more new tv spots have dropped. This is going to be great but not the huge release it should Have been.

Or maybe it’ll work in its favour?

What time is it available from state side?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So what percentage of people in the UK who have been looking forward to this show will be watching it for the 1st time in March 2020 when it launches?

I'd say about 1%.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

NIMAN wrote: »
    So what percentage of people in the UK who have been looking forward to this show will be watching it for the 1st time in March 2020 when it launches?

I'd say about 1%.

First episode already available

Off topic but it seems all the OT Star Wars films are in 4K and the fox fanfare is back in front as they’ve put up all the deleted scenes and bonus stuff.
    This channel sounds like a steal for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭satguy

I just watched episode 1 ,,, It's very good, has kinda a dark humor , and great SFX.

Well worth the hunt to find it.

satguy wrote: »
    I just watched episode 1 ,,, It's very good, has kinda a dark humor , and great SFX.

Well worth the hunt to find it.

Did you not find the visuals just way too clean. Everything is shiney, even stuff that's supposed to be weathered...Also found the music was awful in parts...Otherwise it seemed good, will certainly continue watching

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Really enjoyed that but the first
    bounty
    was a bit of an annoyance.
    Interested to see where this will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

So yeah, it looks great, it feels like Star Wars in places with plenty of nods to the originals, nice droids, aliens and puppets et al.....but I have issues.
    First bounty was annoying with the american accent, just put ANY accent other than american in there.
    FOB Key? WTF? Just call it a Bof key or something, why have something earthly in a Galaxy far, far away? It's not even for access, it's a tracking device.
    I find the lack of music disturbing, no theme tune, nothing of note, just a foreboding drone.
    No Intro crawl. No background, just dumps you in. But I like how we are being introduced to the lore of the Lorians.
    He walks a lot, like this is a catwalk or something, plus I don't think they nailed a baddass walk, just looks like a saunter to me.

Yes I'm nit picking but this looked sooooo good from the trailers but it just felt flat a lot of the time.

6/10 would keep watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Enjoyed that, happy it's only 3 days until next one.

Huge spoiler so definitely don't look.
    Maybe we'll get a name for yoda's species.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Is it your standard Star Wars action, suitable for 10 year old to watch?? Hes seen all the other films

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Very good first episode overall. The visuals looked amazing but like others have said the music felt lacking and just wrong for a Star Wars setting. Looking forward to next week.

Really loved
    The IG droid fighting was awesome. The Mandalorian safe house scenes were really interesting and I loved how the MC is upgrading his armor bounty by bounty.

Minor niggles
    The whole learning to ride bit, seemed pointless and I just didn't feel those creatures were really needed to get to the location the bounty was at. The camera seemed to linger a tad to long on certain scenes in the market such as the monkey lizard in the cage scene and felt a tad heavy handed, in a OMG remember this character kind of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Glebee wrote: »
    Is it your standard Star Wars action, suitable for 10 year old to watch?? Hes seen all the other films

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I really enjoyed it. The action scenes were very enjoyable and like all good pilot episodes it left you with a great little teaser at the end to make you stick around for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

The music is... weird. It sounded like a Rocky training montage at one point.
    No doubt he'll decide not to turn over the bounty to Werner Herzog, thus a running battle will ensue between them throughout the series.

• Advertisement

The composer is really accomplished. He did black panther and Creed as far as I now?

The soundtrack is streaming on all the platforms.

Effing show isn’t though. Ragin

36 minutes long, also. What the hell? :mad:

Bit confused. People on twitter saying it’s an hour and others saying it’s 32 minutes. Who knows

Bit confused. People on twitter saying it’s an hour and others saying it’s 32 minutes. Who knows

Mine was 38 minutes 46 seconds in length

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Even the dirt is shiny.

Even the dirt is shiny.

Should look a lot grittier considering its based after the collapse of the Empire

Three days until the next episode, then they're on a weekly schedule until the 13th of December. Next one after that is the 18th, with the final episode of the series on the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Should look a lot grittier considering its based after the collapse of the Empire

And because it's grit? :pac:
    But yeah everything did look very shiny and new
    I was thinking the alien that helped him looked familiar, then I see it's Nick Nolte. Maybe it does look like him.
    I like how they played on everyone's expectations by saying the bounty was 50 years old.
    Was trying to work out if we could get Sabine in this. She would probably still be young

I was surprised Filoni directed and not Favreau since they usually get the bigger name to direct the first episode when they create.

That was fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

1: I liked it.
    D'awe lil Yoda!
    :)

The people who look after the sets could mess things up a bit better. Some dirty places looked a bit .. too clean.. like.. clean dirty.. made-up-messy

The effects for the
    Blurrgs
    were ok-ish.. one bit jumped out where they weren't kicking up any dust as the rode along a surface that looked like it had some.
    Relikk wrote: »
    It sounded like a Rocky training montage at one point.

The end credits definitely had me thinking of Rocky!

Advertisement