Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,592 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where has Sean moved to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I hope it was a once off the other night when Dolly said to Erica that she would be a great "mom"....I cringe when I hear Irish people using that Americanism..Irish people have always had a Ma.,Mam,Mammy,Mum.......next they'll be sticking in a "like" after every second word.....like..
    Rant over..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Sparko

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where has Sean moved to?

They have form for just disappearing Sean for months on end so he'll probably reappear in June and live randomly with Nora, no questions asked or answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,384 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Roots 2020 wrote: »
    In fairness Doug is a grand chap. He has an awful lot of good qualities and not a bit of badness in him.

Erica is lucky. Here's to nice old fashioned love and romance and Doug and Erica!

Darragh was a nice lad as well, Doug was his best mate and he was having it off with Erica behind his back so maybe he isn't such a grand chap after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Yates is back, back in town....and with some news for Carol of an ex who's down the station asking for her......but is it really her ex though?

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1218/1185313-carol-hears-bizarre-news-on-sundays-fair-city/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Where has Sean moved to?

I always thought that house was Sean's family home, wasn't it his mother's before she dies? :confused:... I do remember Niamh going on about selling it when she had some Plan going on to ruin Paul.

I always thought that house was Sean's family home, wasn't it his mother's before she dies? :confused:... I do remember Niamh going on about selling it when she had some Plan going on to ruin Paul.

I think Niamh and Paul sold Gina's house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Darragh was a nice lad as well, Doug was his best mate and he was having it off with Erica behind his back so maybe he isn't such a grand chap after all.

I'm sticking by my guns ;)

The eternal triangle. Erica is most to blame. She went out with Darragh for longer than necessary, when it was clear she wasn't interested. And yet kept giving Doug signals it was him she got on best with.

Darragh is sound but particularly gormless, a lot worse than Doug...and that's bad.

I'm Louis Gleeson; No I'm Louis Gleeson. Am totes confused being honest.

Anyway the guy who took Bobs laptop as part of Bobs lame-ass effort to torch the Pig is back in town this Wednesday > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7OIOclwrmk&ab_channel=RT%C3%89-IRELAND%E2%80%99SNATIONALPUBLICSERVICEMEDIA

Thursdays episode catch-up......

Doug; Pete doesn't give him much credit to be fair on the whole him being a Da thing does he?

Doug doesn't exactly come over all confident either though; talking about dropping "it".....

Pete telling Doug to get plenty of sleep because he'll be getting none when the baby arrives? Aye Pete cos it's all stored up like hibernation so you can slow release it to make up for lack of sleep when baby's born etc. huh?

So no big handover; Sarahs Ma is now permanently finished with Fair City I'd imagine & Sean has exited stage left....again.

Cian going to spill to Tommy about what he did? They barely know each other as such like; didn't Tommy bail on a get to you know you gig when Deans car broke down in car park on way back from a Farmers Market?

Finally using Erica properly; every other storyline seemed to be the stereotypical blonde beautician c**p; even the Darragh/Doug triangle wasn't dealt with as well's it could've.

Pete then goes on a solo-run; No. 41 & Pete says he & Dolores owns it; more likely it's her.....

Doug & Erica in Wayne & Orlas has been explained on here I think? The flat above the Pig is Hayleys & is on an Air B&B letting I think?

But how long for? As for Dolores & Pete coming & going; I get they're fam to both couples but they're there more than Orla.....

Pete batting for his young lad; I think Dolores is ignoring that deliberately & wants to humiliate him.

Tommy letting Dearbhla make her own mind up wouldn't happen if he knew Cians guilt; she says though he came clean straight away........em hardly?

The Carrigstown Gastro Park....2 Chuck Wagons........

Would like to see the 3 Boyos on the lash in town sometime; I'd say they're great craic off screen.

The final scene with Erica & Doug was good; again they're allowing her show she can actually act; for one of the first times since Love/Hate; crikey but imagine getting someone from that show & dumbing them down til now like?

They got Bosco & thought he could be soap opera dramatic coming from a slap-stick, pat on the back comedy series where he was type-cast as the village gay with a flamboyant boyfriend in a cliched hairdresser role; the actor is alienating people online on other issues (yet stands with Debenhams workers); his character needs a lot of work if he's to pay back whatever his signing on fee was cos at the moment he's stealing a living; they need to get Rose back in some capacity & Eoghan too & develop that storyline; the Eoghan not being able cope & Bosco stepping in to help them both etc. Other than that they don't seem to have much for him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Carrot man is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Strazdas wrote: »
    The lack of pets is very striking, I don't think we've ever even seen someone walking a dog through Carrigstown.

Tommy definitely has an agenda against cats, he keeps going on about "Anti-Kitty"

Tommy to Doug 'When I was your age I was out enjoying myself'. That i believe Tommy:D

Did i see a clip of Wayne with another lady in his house on the zoom clip for the next episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Roots 2020 wrote: »
    Did i see a clip of Wayne with another lady in his house on the zoom clip for the next episode?

“Room service “

Bella in the wheelchair; what happen'd the actor himself and how've FC spun it since he came back; this is only his second or so episode & normally he'd be hanging with Cass & by association Ray and Bosco and Eoghan but Eoghan's not been back on screen yet I think?

Tommy gets told about the baby despite them wanting to keep it quiet; good man Doug!

So who's "Glen" that Jayne & Callum're gone to for Christmas?

So the Da just juxtaposes Hayley into the switching on of the Christmas tree lights in front of Bob & Renee.....

So Louis Gleesons cousin just happens to be Louis Gleeson too; I know he was in the Pig that time Bob'd the brilliant idea to torch the place but I can't remember the actor or character being in Fair City before.....can someone give me a character synopsis?

Carol goes & lets some random stranger lad into her place & play with the kid, kip on couch etc.?

Like I know he's her ex Louis Gleesons cousin but she doesn't appear to've ever met him before & he clearly never mentioned him to her.

There's poetic licence & there's leaps of faith.....

Nokia6230i wrote: »

Tommy gets told about the baby despite them wanting to keep it quiet; good man Doug!

So who's "Glen" that Jayne & Callum're gone to for Christmas?

So Louis Gleesons cousin just happens to be Louis Gleeson too; I know he was in the Pig that time Bob'd the brilliant idea to torch the place but I can't remember the actor or character being in Fair City before.....can someone give me a character synopsis?

Yeah I've been rolling my eyes at Doug since Erica asked him to keep it quiet and he immediately blabbed -his family was one thing but then just random Tommy in the shop? Nah dumb.

I had to think about this Glen character for a while - Tommy said Jane and Callum were going to see Glen's mother, I can't say for sure but my best guess is that Glen is the man that raised Callum before they revealed his existence and that Paul was his biological father. I think he's dead.

The whole Louis/Louie Gleeson thing happened during one of my phases not watching Fair City but from what I have gathered, Louie, who was married to Carol and father of Jack, is the brother of Mike Gleeson, who used to own Vinos or whatever it was called back then. He died and his will left the restaurant to his brother, Louie. But Louis, their cousin, appeared pretending to be Louie and trying to scam the inheritance. That's the extent of what I know!

I liked that they had a quick video chat with Ingrid last night - they did the same with Rachel a few weeks ago and I think it's a really nice touch and helps to make things more believable. Unlike most soaps where characters leave and then vanish forever and are missing for future weddings, funerals etc. I give Fair City a hard time but I think they've done well with those little touches.

Has Wayne a new job, conference calls with Bangkok ????

Sam Atwell, Scriptwriter since 2014 is making a cameo appearance on Christmas Day as an Aussie BBQ Chef.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1222/1185199-atwell-really-nervous-about-fair-city-christmas-cameo/

Sam Atwell, Scriptwriter since 2014 is making a cameo appearance on Christmas Day as an Aussie BBQ Chef.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1222/1185199-atwell-really-nervous-about-fair-city-christmas-cameo/

Is he the Home and Away rapist Kane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭Rfrip

He is Liz

Fair city scriptwriter was his sentence

Carol still hasn't cleaned those windows?

Is Yates after Carol again?

I like Louie Louie Gleeson first cousin once removed :p

Orla should have maybe asked bestie Carol if her and Junior could join her Nora and Jack, are they friends anymore?

Didn't know of that storyline though the halycon days of me watching Home & Away are long behind me; guessing it was in the 90s though?

Kind of impressed they covered such a storyline (may go investigate how it proceeded/concluded in terms of a trial etc.); they regard themselves as very much a family values type show; they don't do LGBT issues as a rule; think they tried it out one time (vaguely recall a YouTube clip from an episode) but it was farily poorly presented/produced/acted; grim was my immediate view point.

Looking forward to seeing Mr Atwell acting again however; wasn't he Jesse out of Home & Away though & not Kane?

Didn't know of that storyline though the halycon days of me watching Home & Away are long behind me; guessing it was in the 90s though?

Kind of impressed they covered such a storyline (may go investigate how it proceeded/concluded in terms of a trial etc.); they regard themselves as very much a family values type show; they don't do LGBT issues as a rule; think they tried it out one time (vaguely recall a YouTube clip from an episode) but it was farily poorly presented/produced/acted; grim was my immediate view point.

Looking forward to seeing Mr Atwell acting again however; wasn't he Jesse out of Home & Away though & not Kane?

AFAIR Kane raped Dani Sutherland and then ended up married with a child to her sister Kirsty a twin whose twin was switched at birth

The actor who played Jesse was Ben Unwin, he died last year unfortunately.

Did I miss Dolly and Pete making up over the house fight and deciding to caravan around Ireland during lockdown 5 again :rolleyes: leaving Doug all on his own with Erica off with her mam so why does he not go see Neill or Jackie?

Wayne's in Malibu in real life; films his scenes on the phone; here's the skinny with Dublin Live https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/celebs/fair-city-stars-biggest-worry-19487805 which also features Rebecca Grimes (Hayley) discussing the achievement the cast feel in not having Covid infections on set/affecting filming.

He says he commutes from US normally; says spends half the year here; hard to know with filming schedules if that's consecutive or broken up across the year.

Charlie, who plays Junior, gets a mention; always curious are some of the babys/toddlers sons/daughters of their on-screen parents or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Seems like there's no plauge in Faircity, they can all mingle, travel and invite anyone into their homes for Christmas dinners.

• Advertisement

Seems the writers didn't have a crystal ball to have predicted the different levels of lockdown as they happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement