Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭threetrees

Erica wanting to settle down, then travel (now she knows what travel is), then she's pregnant, all in one episode.

Ray is an anonymous participant in this online poker I think? Is he one of the girls from the whist club? I was only half watching ......

I still think there's opportunity for Yates and Ger to get together, there's passion in their hatred for each other.

Poor Dean, thought that bit was hilarious, the long face on him when Alex got all the attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Sparko

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    As for Doug & Erica; bit random staying in Orlas; I get that Hayley has let the flat out for an Air B&B booking but it's most unusual arrangement not to mention Junior'd be considered compromised in Covid terms.

Yeah it's a very strange setup. I think they are very limited in terms of the sets they can use at any one time so they've just stuck them in with Orla. Good point about Junior, I was only thinking the other day that his illness just sort of petered out in the background without too much fanfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

As for Doug & Erica; bit random staying in Orlas; I get that Hayley has let the flat out for an Air B&B booking but it's most unusual arrangement not to mention Junior'd be considered compromised in Covid terms.

I don't remember them moving in or even any talk of them moving, but I guess they are family with Doug and Wayne being step-brothers, so maybe not completely unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

A great to soften Gers cough would be pass a comment saying your associates must be starting to wonder what has you down the station so much, maybe even wondering if you are helping us with our investigations....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,302 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

They must be making this pregnancy story up as they go along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

A great to soften Gers cough would be pass a comment saying your associates must be starting to wonder what has you down the station so much, maybe even wondering if you are helping us with our investigations....

A bit like the 'Elmo is a rat' story in Love Hate

• Registered Users Posts: 85,184 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Doug and Erica now living with Orla?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,231 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Doug and Erica now living with Orla?

Yes, they are for some reason.

I thought Doug had a flat or house share with mother Jackie when she was around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

"I hung up posters from here to Cabra"; brilliant line in fairness.

Then Bronagh goes off for a wee & Orla spots Erika & Bronagh leaves them chatting?

That scene where she told him she was pregnant was actually one of Fair Citys high points recently.

Then Doug blabs & Dolores blabs & Pete the Builder; ah here like.

Dean phoning "Valerie" was funny enough I guess; though I thought he was being genuine about the fatherly figure initially.

Really hope D.I. Yates isn't gone for long; good actor, good character.

"What's Horseshoes? Is it a Nightclub?" Ah here like; I know we call it something different too mind.

Doug has made the decision for Erica by blabbing; either that or this is gonna be Fair Citys first abortion storyline I guess? Again if it's dealt with right it'll be good public sector broadcasting; if it's not? She'll be leered & jeered at outside a clinic perhaps as part of a storyline might be a guess but either way I hope they do it right if this is how it proceeds.

We could also be dealing with a miscarriage down the line; has Fair City ever covered that? Dolores young wan who used go out with Jimmy was it? Or Robyn who was in the garage; another tangent FC never explored enough; women doing "mens" jobs; they keep it too safe sometimes.

Or she might do a bunk if feels too stifled perhaps?

Hope Fair City take their time on this; if not & she goes full-term it'll be born on Christmas Day!!!

• Advertisement

So Eyebrows Fella Cian bumps into Juliet in Hungry Pig on Sunday in a very awkward, if brief, meeting > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbnEHtNAfxo&ab_channel=RT%C3%89-IRELAND%E2%80%99SNATIONALPUBLICSERVICEMEDIA

She cracked onto Cian when she was supposed be what, 15 or 16 was it? She's now acting 18 or 19 & in 3rd Level; I think the storyline at the time was he was blameless & it was a teenage crush or am I remembering incorrectly?

Pete's laying it on thick for Doug & Erica + she doesn't seem to be coping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I haven’t been watching much since it came back on air after lockdown number 1, so what is the story with Will and criminal charges, is he out on bail pending trail for beating up Christy hey now?

bazermc wrote: »
    I haven’t been watching much since it came back on air after lockdown number 1, so what is the story with Will and criminal charges, is he out on bail pending trail for beating up Christy hey now?

I assume the trial is coming up but Cris does not seem too concerned more interested in hot Alex advertising Brezwers in the park :rolleyes:

Sundays Spoilers/Plot Line from Evoke.ie; presumably it was the Fair City Press Office who told 'em the Dearbhla & Cian thing was new?

https://evoke.ie/2020/12/11/showbiz/soaps/fair-city-cian-to-be-played-by-adam-weafer

Cian recast?

Are we to believe Ray, Mondo or Juliet never saw Cian around with Dearbhla before now

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cian recast?

Are we to believe Ray, Mondo or Juliet never saw Cian around with Dearbhla before now

Your interpretation is different to mine based on the Evoke article; so my bad & I think yours is the correct one that it's the actors first foray but obviously to viewers the characters still Cian.

Yeah, we've to suspend disbelief that Ray/Mondo/Juliet never crossed paths with Dearbhla & Cian; even more difficult when there's, broadly speaking, only one path in Fair City anyway.

Sundays Spoilers/Plot Line from Evoke.ie; presumably it was the Fair City Press Office who told 'em the Dearbhla & Cian thing was new?

https://evoke.ie/2020/12/11/showbiz/soaps/fair-city-cian-to-be-played-by-adam-weafer

They call him a "former Corrie star" which is a massive exaggeration for someone who had a bit part in two episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭threetrees

the RTE Guide says Erica has a miscarriage

Sparko wrote: »
    They call him a "former Corrie star" which is a massive exaggeration for someone who had a bit part in two episodes.

I stopped watching Corrie years ago so presume he's been on in the last 2-3 years?

But recall him from Red Rock & I thought he was good in that; RTE could do worse than try poach some script-writers from it.....and don't break them!

May get back to watching Red Rock; think I only saw 1st Series.

Since when does working in glorified chipper van make Derv a chef? :confused:

• Advertisement

Ray has upper body strength. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

If Dolly and Pete are suposse to be a couple, why are they social distance

If Dolly and Pete are suposse to be a couple, why are they social distance

Cause they’re not a couple in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

bazermc wrote: »
    Cause they’re not a couple in real life.

I know dat I know dat
    But then dont cast them

I stopped watching Corrie years ago so presume he's been on in the last 2-3 years?

But recall him from Red Rock & I thought he was good in that; RTE could do worse than try poach some script-writers from it.....and don't break them!

May get back to watching Red Rock; think I only saw 1st Series.

It was last year I think, I can't even remember what his role was but I'm fairly sure he was just in two scenes. Possibly a teacher. I only remember it because I had watched Red Rock so I recognised him from that.

I quite enjoyed Red Rock myself - presumably on a much smaller budget but I think they did a great job and was disappointed when they messed around with the scheduling and eventually cancelled it.

Sparko wrote: »

He is in the broadcasting media ad also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭thesultan

Any sign of Carol. This week?

thesultan wrote: »
    Any sign of Carol. This week?

I can just imagine it, lying in bed with empty cans and fag butts all over the room

Is Yates back in Limerick?

• Advertisement

Yer wan from Dirt Birds is Ericas Ma > https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1213/1184153-shock-arrival-on-wednesdays-fair-city/

In fairness Erica is playing the vulnerable adult that she is brilliantly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement