Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Sparko wrote: »
    With Doug and Erica looking at getting a puppy, it made me think, has anyone in Fair City ever had a dog? I guess it's awkward for filming but it's strange to have an entire community of characters and no-one has any pets.

Doug is Erica's puppy :)

Or, more seasonal, her pet turkey ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Was it rape? I’ve seen that film a load of times and rape never crossed my mind? She was drunk but I don’t think it was rape ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭threetrees

I don't think it was intended to be rape, I think it was intended to be a drunken quickie and that's the way the story carries on. There is no mental turmoil over rape, however, the way it's portrayed in the film I believe it absolutely is rape.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

It was 2 drunk people, I don't remember her saying no or stop once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Who’s the Oulwan that keeps shuffling across the set in the Mags Kelly memorial community center?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Sparko

Who’s the Oulwan that keeps shuffling across the set in the Mags Kelly memorial community center?

Is that the receptionist/occasionally server at the coffee area?

https://evoke.ie/2018/06/13/showbiz/soaps/famous-mum-fair-city-regular/amp

• Registered Users Posts: 18,214 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

threetrees wrote: »
    I don't think it was intended to be rape, I think it was intended to be a drunken quickie and that's the way the story carries on. There is no mental turmoil over rape, however, the way it's portrayed in the film I believe it absolutely is rape.

Would be very hard to prove, virtually impossible in fact ; a 'he says, she says' scenario....two drunks in a car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,214 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

With Doug and Erica looking at getting a puppy, it made me think, has anyone in Fair City ever had a dog? I guess it's awkward for filming but it's strange to have an entire community of characters and no-one has any pets.

The lack of pets is very striking, I don't think we've ever even seen someone walking a dog through Carrigstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

When did Christiano get back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Jesus, Rory Cowen cant even walk off screen naturally
    Crap actor

Actually Erica a freeloader is exactly what you are wanting something for nothing and being rude to people when she doesn't get it.

Erica..I've worked for all I've got.

Think she has Paul Brennan's lines.

This abuse ad with the lad coming up to the girl stretching in the park.

How ridiculous, I don't think a scenario with such a weirdo is common.

Usually it's a more intimate situation, in a house or night life.

Is this some new Covid situation abuse BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,593 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Doug and Erica are going to buy a house together now. They couldnt stand living together during the lockdown and now they're going off buying their own place! Not sure how they will afford a house in Dublin? I presume Dad/Dolores will be buying it for them.

Yes they hated living together in lockdown :confused:

Is Brewzers a food van now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

It seems anyone in FC can just set up a food van in the local park/ green and sell from it. If that's how it works, I'm in!.. No officialdom!

Is Brewzers a food van now?

It seems to be so more competition for Dean's van and Vino's or is Dean in partnership with Cris now?

Oh god Erica pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Did Paul ever get out of the hospital, and did Oisin leave for good again?

• Advertisement

The Arcade set will probably never be seen or mentioned again.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Oh god Erica pregnant

So. will Erica have an abortion confide in either Pete or Dolorus and cause a rift?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Am surprised Bosco’s poker face is so bad. His happy/sad/angry/distressed face all seem the same so I thought he’d be great at bluffing.

Brewzers is the only cafe that upsizes by loving to a van! Gastro park was flooded with customers. Wouldn’t be hiring Mondo for my marketing when he aims for a slow burn as his strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Catching up on Sundays episode so here's my take/commentary on it......

The 2 Vans're only just outside of the shopping centre or whatever it was; a Gastro Park.....again there's 2 chuck wagons

On McCabe & Yates; I think they make a good working partnership & do come across as genuine DIs.

Doug & Ericas place; looks suspiciously like Wayne & Orlas; indeed on closer inspection it is; were we not supposed notice?

Ray, Bosco & Cass simply sitting around taking up table space; great customers they are; since when did Rose & Owen (sp?) go Scotland?

Bosco going on like Rose is dead?

Nokia6230i wrote: »

Doug & Ericas place; looks suspiciously like Wayne & Orlas; indeed on closer inspection it is; were we not supposed notice?

It is Wayne and Orla's - Doug mentioned something about staying with Orla because Hayley had an Air BNB booking for her flat or something like that.

A medical centre and the nurse and patient take off their masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A medical centre and the nurse and patient take off their masks.

To talk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I hope Doug will be delighted with the news

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Erica was going on about travelling like she never heard of the concept of it before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Rory Cowan/Bosco; beginning of tonights show; proof to me (even more) of how bad he is; he's out of his depth in Fair City; that should frighten the out of the actor surely?

He was good in Mrs. Browns Boys; he either needs more comedy at that level or more serious storylines in Fair City; right now he's falling between two stools.

As for Doug & Erica; bit random staying in Orlas; I get that Hayley has let the flat out for an Air B&B booking but it's most unusual arrangement not to mention Junior'd be considered compromised in Covid terms.

Legit think Yates makes for a good D.I. despite some storyline inconsistencies.

Erica; the scriptwriters just got her to parrot Nurse Bronaghs lines; give the SW a bonus ha ha!

Alex as Al Fresco? Ah here like though good call on a nickname; it's cool enough I guess?

Erica with the face mask & morning sickness; gotta be a serious issue alright; unforeseen circumstances.

Yates getting suspended & asked hand back his badge? Bit simplistic & too clean in how it was done; he now looks like he's away for good.

Chap that plays him is a good actor generally; surprised he hasn't been in more Irish Dramas; loved him in Glenroe! His bio on IMDB suggests he was in Love/Hate (like Erica; Elmos bird?) but I can't recall him at all; what else has he been in? For a man his age I would've thought he'd've done a lot more I'd recognise him from but he has his own school of acting in Limerick too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement