Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Brongh goes around to delores and petes house .. has cup of tea at their table ... goes back to work and see's patients?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Am about a couple of episodes behind so only on Sundays one.

Juliet (Juliette?) 1st Appearance back; pouting of course; real put upon teenage angsty look down to a tee!

Mondo & Melanie're heading for Splitsville soon; the Armenian gathering? 1st Time ever mentioned; Fair City need to explore this more; the Armenain Community is mainly Jewish I think and not a part of immigration into Ireland many'd know about; please take heed FC Writers; we think you read us?

Alex....with "the 'Tache"; OMFC Bro'; what a Ronnie!

Alex & Juliette; were they an item? Or is that where this storyline's going & why Alex insisted she go with him to the Armenian yoke?

Yates doing his sleuthing in the Community Centre & Caddle walking in pretending to something with her papers; baffling.....Dear FC Writers, this is supposed be real life; I get having her & him in separate offices would reduce your "creativity" but still like.....

Oh & ALex's in college? Did we skip an academic year or two over the Summer? Isn't yer wan older than him in real life & in FC?

And Hayley......getting through to Yates in back office....aye....

Yates & Carol with their loose lips in the Community Centre; snitches etc. eh Caddle?

Dolroes/Sash/Olviia; em Covid guidelines would lend themselves to exclude them from each others company surely; I mean Dol's probably in a vulnerable category?

Who's the new McCabe? He was male last time! What else was she in before this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Sparko

Nokia6230i wrote: »

Save that comment because you'll need it a few more times as you catch up. And not just Hayley!

Sparko wrote: »
    Save that comment because you'll need it a few more times as you catch up. And not just Hayley!

Ha! Would you believe I'm almost caught up & will be watching Thursdays episode during Late Late Toy Show tomorrow night (RTE Player is s**t when there's heavy demand on a live-streaming programme even when I reduce quality of pic) so I've seen the preview clip for it with DI McCabe (she's replacing her Da ha ha!) & Caddle letting her know who Hayley is; Yates was a gobdaw thinking he could work on that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Juliet (Juliette?) 1st Appearance back; pouting of course; real put upon teenage angsty look down to a tee!

Mondo & Melanie're heading for Splitsville soon; the Armenian gathering? 1st Time ever mentioned; Fair City need to explore this more; the Armenain Community is mainly Jewish I think and not a part of immigration into Ireland many'd know about; please take heed FC Writers; we think you read us?

Alex....with "the 'Tache"; OMFC Bro'; what a Ronnie!

Alex & Juliette; were they an item? Or is that where this storyline's going & why Alex insisted she go with him to the Armenian yoke?

Yates doing his sleuthing in the Community Centre & Caddle walking in pretending to something with her papers; baffling.....Dear FC Writers, this is supposed be real life; I get having her & him in separate offices would reduce your "creativity" but still like.....

Oh & ALex's in college? Did we skip an academic year or two over the Summer? Isn't yer wan older than him in real life & in FC?

Yates & Carol with their loose lips in the Community Centre; snitches etc. eh Caddle?

Dolroes/Sash/Olviia; em Covid guidelines would lend themselves to exclude them from each others company surely; I mean Dol's probably in a vulnerable category?

Maybe McCabe is transgender

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭political analyst

branie2 wrote: »
    Maybe McCabe is transgender

Detective Audrey McCabe is not a new character. She questioned Paddy Bishop about the murder of his friend, who he suffocated and buried in the Dublin Mountains and, after his daughter, Charlotte, killed him, she questioned her and her mother about that but wasn't able to prove it. I think Audrey also looked into whether Farrah had any idea that Ciarán Holloway had imprisoned Katy. Back then, Audrey was played by an actress going by the name 'George Hanover'.

Currently, Audrey is played by Fiona Browne.

It's not - it's Orthodox Christian.

I never knew about Melanie's religion.

Sorry about the smilie, it was put there by mistake

Detective Audrey McCabe is not a new character. She questioned Paddy Bishop about the murder of his friend, who he suffocated and buried in the Dublin Mountains and, after his daughter, Charlotte, killed him, she questioned her and her mother about that but wasn't able to prove it. I think Audrey also looked into whether Farrah had any idea that Ciarán Holloway had imprisoned Katy. Back then, Audrey was played by an actress going by the name 'George Hanover'.

Currently, Audrey is played by Fiona Browne.

Thanks; think I remember her in Red Rock & from Show Reel I think so; that still going? I thought it was quite good & keep meaning to catch up.

Says she was in Upwardly Mobile too & Fair City under a previous guise; a Nurse in an A&E Special (3 Episodes).......

Trivia which was a series set in Celbridge (comedy-drama?) was another I just about can place her in and the Clinic & the Sanctuary + Killinaskully too; she doesn't appear to've been the main character or a co-star in any of them though; FC would do well to give her an ongoing role perhaps?

• Advertisement

Thanks; think I remember her in Red Rock & from Show Reel I think so; that still going? I thought it was quite good & keep meaning to catch up.

Says she was in Upwardly Mobile too & Fair City under a previous guise; a Nurse in an A&E Special (3 Episodes).......

Trivia which was a series set in Celbridge (comedy-drama?) was another I just about can place her in and the Clinic & the Sanctuary + Killinaskully too; she doesn't appear to've been the main character or a co-star in any of them though; FC would do well to give her an ongoing role perhaps?

Indeed - she played the estranged wife of the dirty politician Callaghan, according to the IMDB.

I never knew about Melanie's religion.

I was referring to the Armenian community, not a specific Armenian character - fictional or factual.

Sorry about the smilie, it was put there by mistake

No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,184 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Have they no front desk at that damn police station? How can just anyone come bursting into the place?

You wouldn't see that happen at Red Rock :p

So catching up on Thursdays episode.......

Carol is now taking liberties down the barracks too; heading on down the back to Yates office? "Yeah Mrs. Foley, down the hallway there & it's on your R.H.S.; any problems with room service Dial 0"........

Dolores & Nurse Bronagh & Pete all having a cuppa.....in Sashs gaffe....like Dolores is hanging with her & Pete's doing the tiling but invting Bronagh round is taking liberties like; open house much?

Leaving Hayley alone in the office while he goes out to take a call; Hayley goes searching despite not actually knowing what she's searching for....... seriously slipshod Gda. work like.....

Just to make sure I have this right; Sash is a single Ma with no income other than, we assume, LPA & goes & splashes out.....

Melanie looked quare different in the suit & heels; probably just used to FC dressing her in casuals I guess; the line she delivered at the end to Mondo about scratching that itch himself was cool though.

Would love to see them developing the Armenian storyline/background more; it could work as a PSB tool in terms of education; I've already been schooled on here about Armenians & Religion.

Ger & Haylet & Yates; Hayley knows but Steve doesn't know she knows & doesn't know Ger knows Hayley knows; this could get interesting **if** script-writers don't do a cut & run too early...........

Sash is Olivias Mam; Sash got pregnant by Tommy & somehow...............Dolores in Olivias Granny........?

Just to make sure I have this right; Sash is a single Ma with no income other than, we assume, LPA & goes & splashes out.....

She works in the Station. At some stage this week during one of the endless Sash/Orla/Dolores/whoever else scenes she mentioned having a late shift in the Station.

So catching up on Thursdays episode.......

Carol is now taking liberties down the barracks too; heading on down the back to Yates office? "Yeah Mrs. Foley, down the hallway there & it's on your R.H.S.; any problems with room service Dial 0"........

Dolores & Nurse Bronagh & Pete all having a cuppa.....in Sashs gaffe....like Dolores is hanging with her & Pete's doing the tiling but invting Bronagh round is taking liberties like; open house much?

Leaving Hayley alone in the office while he goes out to take a call; Hayley goes searching despite not actually knowing what she's searching for....... seriously slipshod Gda. work like.....

Melanie looked quare different in the suit & heels; probably just used to FC dressing her in casuals I guess; the line she delivered at the end to Mondo about scratching that itch himself was cool though.

Would love to see them developing the Armenian storyline/background more; it could work as a PSB tool in terms of education; I've already been schooled on here about Armenians & Religion.

Ger & Haylet & Yates; Hayley knows but Steve doesn't know she knows & doesn't know Ger knows Hayley knows; this could get interesting **if** script-writers don't do a cut & run too early...........

Sash is Olivias Mam; Sash got pregnant by Tommy & somehow...............Dolores in Olivias Granny........?

Olivia is biologically Orla's and Tommy's, but yeah I was musing too that Dolores isn't actually related to the baby. Junior either but as Wayne adopted him she is his granny. But not Olivia's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Mondo is turning into a right pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Alice1 wrote: »
    Mondo is turning into a right pain.

He's always been a bit of a dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,227 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ah no I thought we were I rid of Sean. He better not start dancing again.

• Advertisement

Hmm, Sean and Erica?
    She's running right through the young men of Carrigstown like a nasty STD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Ah no I thought we were tI’d of Sean. He better not start dancing again.

That fake bake on his mush didnt reach his neck

• Registered Users Posts: 16,300 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Is that young lad ever going to get rid of that bit of fluff under his nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Some bod on Sean

I wonder if McCabe is in on the crime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I wonder if McCabe is in on the crime

Well it will be investigated on Wed and solved and prosecuted on Thurs

The pace of storys lately is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Mondo is an awful eejit. Getting himself all upset about Melanie and her Armenian culture. He should be more concerned that his daughter has a very strange American accent

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

I can see Melanie getting attacked or something by this new Armenian friend of hers seems very trusting for someone she barely knows

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

I have to say as bad as Carol is I find her far more convincing as a scumbag than Ger, she's just a one track record since she arrived

"I'm hard, don't you cross you me, you'll regret eh"

• Advertisement

How is Sean affording an entire house by himself as well as a long trip to Italy.

Also I'm sure at some point while he was meant to be in Italy that someone in the beer garden of the Station mentioned they'd gotten a drink from Sean in the bar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement