Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Right; just catching up with Wednesdays Fair City; Phoebe said something about lending Alex (who, going by this thread we don't get to see til Sundays episode?) a book on Hamilton.......er, are they/is he a band or something?

The Bodhrán? First time Mairead's ever been seen with it I' m guessing? Let's just throw this in there to create a scene & some lines will we scriptwriters?

Leo & Ger in the cab; at the cab office after her getting into it to go off; basically hasn't left the spot it was in. Then Leo goes off on a job while he's supposed, I presume, to be on the meter/clock? We all know how that's gonna end especially when she's left her stuff in the back.....

Sasha trying get baby asleep...in the Community Centre????

Dolores trying to sell a car without beng an employee & giving the potential buyer her mobile number?

The OCD storyline which is coming to the fore in the episode I'm currently watching is very good though; I'd hate to have it to any extent but Maireads is bad enough to watch.; if they do this right it's got potential; "if" and "potential" being important there....

Get it spot on & it's proper public service broadcasting much like a domestic violence storyline which they've done in the past on a number of occasions (Tess & Marty, Suzanne & Damien to name two; I'm sure there's others).

Already Will is manipulating the situation which is a good part of the storyline; he's going to isolate her from Damien who she actually needs & he's doing this when she's vulnerable.

Dear FC; please, please, please get this right....we're probably looking at coercive control too if this is not done on a short term basis like the Paul/gaslighting one was.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Melanie is on about Armenia again!

Can someone explain this to me? :D Where did all this culture/heritage come from?

I only started watching this muck recently so don't know the back story. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Sparko

I think the OCD storyline would have worked better if it had started immediately after they came back, instead of having those few weeks of Mairead stalking Sean and hassling him about dancing and his love life and then the bizarre horse racing thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Can someone explain this to me? :D Where did all this culture/heritage come from?

I only started watching this muck recently so don't know the back story. :pac:

Ah she’s been banging on about that now before. It’s crops up every now again.

Sparko wrote: »
    I think the OCD storyline would have worked better if it had started immediately after they came back, instead of having those few weeks of Mairead stalking Sean and hassling him about dancing and his love life and then the bizarre horse racing thing.

I don’t think a soap can ever portray an ocd storyline accurately, u would have that condition for years. And they are not going to do that. That’s a very difficult condition to treat, think ur man David Beckham has it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

fin12 wrote: »
    Ah she’s been banging on about that now before. It’s crops up every now again.

So she has an Armenian parent or something?

Ya mother is Armenian, think Alex’s dad is too but he’s not around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

She has a honker on her that Gonzo would be proud of. Might be the Armenian genes. To be fair it helps her as she's always sticking her nose in.

The actress that plays Melanie comes across as lovely though in real life, very positive upbeat person, completely different to her character.

That’s what I took from seeing her on that travel show with Mondo.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,573 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why is everyone now working from the community centre, surely Det Steve would work from his station office and is that a new Det McCabe?

Has Melanie ever mentioned her Armenian friends in Ireland before, none of them helped when she was homeless

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why is everyone now working from the community centre, surely Det Steve would work from his station office and is that a new Det McCabe?

Has Melanie ever mentioned her Armenian friends in Ireland before, none of them helped when she was homeless

In fairness, going by the character in the past the last thing she'd ever do is even let any of them know she needed help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭threetrees

So there's Steve playing with bits of paper and a scissors trying to crack a code in a poxy interview room. No proper desk? No wonder he has to use the community centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

The scriptwriters are really stretching reality for this storyline just a tad.

First of all what taxi driver decides to take another fare when his passenger has just dropped in for a cup of coffee and a quick bite to eat? When fares are like hens teeth during this pandemic Leo should have been licking his lips with the meter running waiting for Jer to come back. So he would have had to knock the meter off for his new fare and restart it for them and what would he say to Jer about the meter when he got back to her on the very slim chance he'd get back in time?

Then Jer leaves her top secret money lending coded notepad on the back seat open on the exact page. Did she study codeing in gangster school or where did she learn this masterful skill?

Then of all the guards in all the garda stations in Dublin the notepad ends up in Yates hands in jigtime. Why did Leo's second passenger even take the notepad with them and not just give it to the driver? It's not a wallet or a phone that may be of any value so thats not going to happen. If only the Carriage Office operated so fast in returning lost items from taxi's.

Do the guards study decoding gangster diaries in Templemore because Yates had it broken down with all the ease of Colombo cracking another murder case.

Just another insanely nonsensical plotline that's gripping just to see how bizarre it really can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Pete does a few tiles in Sash's shower and now he thinks it's a bigger job and he'll be there most of the week, jaysus talk about out of touch

I've seen tilers do entire bathrooms, floor and walls in a day and Pete needs a week to do a shower area

Jesus I'd love to be a tradesman doing work for a FC writer think of the overcharging you'd get away with :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That would make Pete a cowboy

Pete does a few tiles in Sash's shower and now he thinks it's a bigger job and he'll be there most of the week, jaysus talk about out of touch

I've seen tilers do entire bathrooms, floor and walls in a day and Pete needs a week to do a shower area

Jesus I'd love to be a tradesman doing work for a FC writer think of the overcharging you'd get away with :pac:

What happened to Pete's bad back, Sash should have asked Tommy or Damo if she is back on with Laura?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭political analyst

Alice1 wrote: »
    The hoarding story bit was daft and yes, one therapy session should do it.!

Hoarding? But Máiréad is obsessed with cleanliness.

Interestingly, Yates's female colleague is the detective who questioned Paddy Bishop about the murder of his former cellmate, who Paddy suffocated and buried in the Dublin Mountains. Detective Inspector Audrey McCabe was played by an actress going by the stage name 'George Hanover' (well, it can't be her real name, obviously!) and is now played by Fiona Browne.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Melanie is on about Armenia again!

It’s a wonder she didn’t mention the war with Azerbaijan they had recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Interestingly, Yates's female colleague is the detective who questioned Paddy Bishop about the murder of his former cellmate, who Paddy suffocated and buried in the Dublin Mountains. Detective Inspector Audrey McCabe was played by an actress going by the stage name 'George Hanover' (well, it can't be her real name, obviously!) and is now played by Fiona Browne.

Short for Georgina?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

ah here now - interviewing in a community centre and using name out allowed like that come on, who writes this!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,383 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No level 5 in Carraigstown with Bronagh booking a salon appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Bleeding brutal script and story’s

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Bleeding brutal script and story’s

Bro do you even Fair City? :P

The Orla Sash war for Dolly is awful

Is this Danny Wacker, Hayley's real daddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭threetrees

Bronagh is like a mini Dolores. She's all about helping, listening, advising, the go-to girl when you've a problem. The advantage is that she gets all the gossip and skips the appointment queue in the salon. I need to see her have a melt down or do something a bit less goody two shoes, although unlikely when her heart lies with John Deegan. (They never did get together, did they?)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,383 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Carol has no mask on while snarling and nearly spraying spit into the cops face and puts it on when she is leaving to go outside.

happyday wrote: »
    Short for Georgina?

Hanover was a ruling Royal House in Britain and had four kings called George - so it can't be her real name.

McCabe has the same rank as Yates - so how is she Yates's boss?

• Advertisement

Have they no front desk at that damn police station? How can just anyone come bursting into the place?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement