Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭con747

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No I mean Tracey with Dean Jnr

So many to bring back you lose count. :)

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,144 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Ali have a gangster dirty uncle, was he Frank?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭threetrees

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Ali have a gangster dirty uncle, was he Frank?
    Wasn't it Uncle Mick?, the guy who lost a finger in a gangster feud. He had it in a holster thing afterwards. Ali should definitely have a bad boy fella.

Actually, he cut off his own finger because Garrigan told him to. Anyway, our Deano might go back to bare knuckle fighting if he sticks around with Ali and her family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

What was uncle Mick's relationship with Goo eyes? Or was the later in a different gang? Was Sylvester Garrigan in another gang too? Did Terence, i think he was in his own gang, die falling off a cliff if i remember correctly..

Nasty place that Carrigstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Sure Ali was married to Lorcan and knew all about him and his mother's knackbag dealings she was as good as a moll.

Lorcan was well into the dealing and all that stuff by the time he shot

I also agree her hairstyle is awful. Shes probably mid 30s and looks a 50 year old Geraldine who thinks she runs the local school board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Please please please let Ali go back to London. I can’t stand her.

I don't think so! After 2 dates with Dean he loves her. After 3 she is moving in with him and taking Lorcan out of school in London to move to Carrigstown. What could go wrong?

They're rushing every story at a ridiculous rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,216 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

happyday wrote: »
    I don't think so! After 2 dates with Dean he loves her. After 3 she is moving in with him and taking Lorcan out of school in London to move to Carrigstown. What could go wrong?

They're rushing every story at a ridiculous rate.

Lorcan will be calling him Daddy soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

God I hate the rte player, every 2 seconds freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

bazermc wrote: »
    They’re definitely still filming. One of the actors leaves bedside me.

Who’s that?

Oisin has a dodgy collection of baseball caps. In the first part an all white one and part two of the episode a lilac/mauve effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Hmm..so who really pushed him? I doubt it was Donal as that confession seemed so forced. Perhaps it was Niamh in on it with him and they want revenge on both Paul and Oisin and are saving Oisins fate for later...stranger things have happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Looks like Rachael and Paul have made up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Poor Damo just can't catch a break. Only a while back he was waltzing round the Carrigstown streets like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. He was without a care in the world, proposing with a pizza and finally going to be a happy man. Roll on a few short weeks and his wife-to-be has morphed into Kathy Bates in what has become a life full of misery once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Did the name of the university change between Ali and Carol’s first and second conversations about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Sparko

Niall_76 wrote: »
    Did the name of the university change between Ali and Carol’s first and second conversations about it?

Yes, it started as LCU and then Carol called it LU later on.

So Ali's gone again now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Jimson

I thought callusm allresdy confessed to it or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Admittedly I'm only watching Sundays episode; given they've brought back Ali & Donal + Nicola could they not "fly" back Rachel too?

You'd imagine yer Da being in hospital'd be a reason to want to come home like?

As for Rory Cowans character (was gonna go Deano or Boxer or Benny or something); never knew him & Caddle ever did a scene together & given it's his 1st scene back wtaf would he know about the Ali/Dean situation?

Crikey the continuity here is grim!

Callum apologisig.....for the gaslighting?

As for Jane & his story; my head's spinning trying to compute it.

Surely Paul didn't actually say Oisin did it, that Oisin pushed him; he wasn't conscious enough so it's D.I. Yates error we'll find down the line.

Donal will step in to save Oisins skin; he won't just be providing financial support for the legal side.

Nicola will have to make a comeback too surely? Surprised she's not been in the recent episodes; you'd think like but then this is FC....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Catching up on Wednesdays episode; Donal admits it? Not totally buying it to be honest & there doesn't seem to be any proof other than his only confession; will have to go back to the scene on the Sunday was it?

It's not stacking up; I thought the deal was back on like?

As for the Mairead & Damien scene in shop when he says "There's loads of people here" when it's clearly just hte pair of them.....

Bosco; hasn't been back in the shop since it reopened; admittedly this is only his second scene & no word on Rose etc.; you'd imagine for someone with Alzheimers/Dementia it'd be worth a line to squeeze in regarding how vulnerable she is to Covid etc.?

As for Alis Hair? I like the new bob as it happens; if it's called a bob that is!

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Catching up on Wednesdays episode; Donal admits it? Not totally buying it to be honest & there doesn't seem to be any proof other than his only confession; will have to go back to the scene on the Sunday was it?

As for the Mairead & Damien scene in shop when he says "There's loads of people here" when it's clearly just hte pair of them.....

Bosco; hasn't been back in the shop since it reopened; admittedly this is only his second scene & no word on Rose etc.; you'd imagine for someone with Alzheimers/Dementia it'd be worth a line to squeeze in regarding how vulnerable she is to Covid etc.?

As for Alis Hair? I like the new bob as it happens; if it's called a bob that is!

I think it's a pixie cut

• Advertisement

I wonder are we in for the return of Rachel?

Nokia6230i wrote: »

Based on the scene with Donal and Paul in the hospital, it sounded like they were describing a scene at the party where Donal and Paul had some sort of offscreen confrontation and the deal Donal has been peddling was confirmed to be a scam attempt. But then if that actually happened, Paul didn't seem overly bothered by the time we saw him on the balcony.

Definitely some missing pieces to be filled in yet.

Ya, when Paul was in the Balcony it was like he was having his celebratory cigar.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,295 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

You'd swear Ali and Dean were breaking up after 10 years together instead of 2 weeks with all the teary goodbyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Donal: "You bastard".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,295 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Seems like anyone can just rock up to the one room hospital to pay Paul a visit whenever they feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Watching Bosco is akin to watching someone scraping a black board with their nails, unbearable to watch and listen to.

Paul's character has lost all credibility. He's supposed to be this wealthy business man. Yet he's been ripped off so many times.

You'd think when Donal mentioned terminal cancer and a business venture at the same time the lights would start flashing for someone who has been perennially conned. Someone so gullible doesn't become a wealthy business person. Anyone could rock up to Paul say they have cancer and would he invest money in their project nowadays and he won't bat an eyelid.

Roots 2020 wrote: »
    Paul's character has lost all credibility. He's supposed to be this wealthy business man. Yet he's been ripped off so many times.

You'd think when Donal mentioned terminal cancer and a business venture at the same time the lights would start flashing for someone who has been perennially conned. Someone so gullible doesn't become a wealthy business person. Anyone could rock up to Paul say they have cancer and would he invest money in their project nowadays and he won't bat an eyelid.

Presumably this is their latest attempt to tone him down - he'll briefly turn over a new leaf because his family were suspects in the attempted murder case.

So in terms of what actually happened - Donal decided to come back to Carrigstown after years away to scam Paul, he nearly had the con completed but then on the night of the push, he for some reason admitted it was all a scam (why?) and then Paul went out to the balcony where he was delighted with life and Donal crept up and pushed him?

It still feels like there are massive gaps in this story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Massive gaps :eek: You could drive a 10 ton truck through that storyline. Nearly as bad as Dermot and Niamh's scheme. Why did Meagher confess the scam to Paul ?? What was the point in that ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement