Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,596 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wtf...

Scenes all over shop..

Bob in Spar. Very next scene in the Pig fighting off a carrot..

Erica on her earphones, very next scene skulling a latte with mutton head..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Isn't it brilliant to be able to sit down and watch such quality home grown entertainment on a Sunday evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,282 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

"Whats the smell" says Erica and a jerry can of petrol sitting on the counter.

And Doug a mechanic doesn't know what petrol smells like either!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Desperate stuff

Did the whole cast, scriptwriters and producers get Covid?

Are these new side effects the WHO wasn't aware of?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

OMG..........Tripe

LMAO what about bob's phone? carrot man ran off with it

People,

Worst episode of any tv show ever?

The whole Erica upstairs > randomly talking to Damo outside > downstairs - what the ****? Did they put a bit in by accident or what?

Bring back Murphys Micro Quiz M, Candid Camera, Where in the World and Glenroe from Sunday eve entertainment in the 1980s.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The whole Erica upstairs > randomly talking to Damo outside > downstairs - what the ****? Did they put a bit in by accident or what?

I thought how it was they were doing flashbacks but I don't the fair city peeps would that innovative to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DocR

Anyone remember Acorn Antiques, Victoria Wood's spoof soap??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I thought how it was they were doing flashbacks but I don't the fair city peeps would that innovative to do that.

Showing good old storylines like Billy Meehan etc would have been a brilliant idea. It would have given them time to film some decent episodes instead of filming this tripe. Presumably the writers/cast have regular meetings. I'd love to know how they consider this worthy of production.

Maybe the star writers have been told to keep with the absolute madness and weirdness of the year 2020? I’m clutching, I know; but I can’t recall this show, as bad as it is, being this utterly gick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,067 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm confused two Louie Gleesons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Sparko

People go here, they see each other, maybe get a hug!

What sort of line was that. That episode, I don't even know where to start. 0/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Sparko

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm confused two Louie Gleesons

Louis Gleeson (the fella from this episode), was in it years ago. Mike and Louie (Carol's son's dad) are his cousins. When Mike died, he left his restaurant to his brother Louie in his will. Louis arrived and pretended to be Louie to try and scam them.

That's as much as I've been able to pull together from Google.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Was there some mixup with scenes tonight? Erica in the flat listening to music. Then having coffee with Damien. Then coming out of the flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Tonight was one of the worst ive watched
    The contiunity was auful
    And Bob said to Huhie "who will I hurt if he torched the place", maybe the two companys beside the pig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

Why are Damien and Pete in Hawaii shirts.

I don't get it.

That was utter tripe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,191 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

inthenip wrote: »

The writer's are trying to be funny and light hearted in these times!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why would someone leave their jocks in the sink? Do they not have a washing machine?

Is this now a comedy?

No it was a comedy unintentionally now it’s just pure sh*te.

Hughie is a very good actor aswell. When he fell off the wagon, he was brilliant at portraying an alcoholic.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Denny61

I thought the drama..(fair City)was on first and comedy (kilnascully) on after. As it turned out. It was,other way around lol.

And Erica thinks it’s not weird there was petrol around the place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

fin12 wrote: »
    And Erica thinks it’s not weird there was petrol around the place?

Dodgy electrics and petrol all over the place and wanted her out of the flat.

Ah sure he's doing some remodelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭littlevillage

inthenip wrote: »

Yeah, noticed that. Wardrobe clearly haven't come back to work yet. The two lads must have walked onto set after coming back from a Stag party...and had to just wear what they had on.

Come to think of it, the lad that wrote this poxy episode.... probably wrote it, while on the piss (maybe at the same Stag party)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

That was totally disjointed with a scene out of nowhere in the middle with Erica having coffee with Damien in the park and next scene coming into the Pig from upstairs on her crutches? How could they leave that in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Sacre Bleu! Where do I start? Damo on the bike? Pointless. Banging on about trying the menu in the 15 Restaurants/Cafes along his route to the LUAS; this is Damo the painter/decorator getting on the LUAS with his tins & brushes etc. right? Does no one think logically?

As for the guy who broke into the Pig? Who he other than some randomer who we're led to believe knew the place from when Louis & Mike had it? Like....wasn't that Vinos that they both ran and not the Pig?????

As for Ericas humming? Crikey it's not even in tune with a or indeed any tune..........

Hughie rocking in through back door; I presume he got keys as part of storyling but why not use front door?

As for the burglar, what's in it for him if the joint goes up? The 40 quid in the till?

So the two of 'em get Doug & Erica to help 'em clean up? Erica on crutches with spilt liquid, petrol on floor but conveniently makes a recovery sufficient enough to leave crutches to the side?

Meanwhile Bob & Hughie, who could've done the huge amount of cleaning up stand/sit & look on?

Licence fee's due for renewal at end of month; do I get a discount?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement