Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

happyday wrote: »
    That was totally misjointed with a scene out of nowhere in the middle with Erica having coffee with Damien in the park and next scene coming into the Pig from upstairs on her crutches? How could they leave that in?

Yeah, Erica coming in the back door and saying, " I'll help you clean up, and I'll get Doug to help" and her on crutches!.... It was really embarrassing tonight.
    WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,067 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Enough with Pete, Sean, Damo, Mairead, Erica and Doug

I'd be happy with just Bob and Hughie now, Louis was good too, at least the Pig drama seemed realistic back to soap normality

Tonight was one of the worst ive watched
    The contiunity was auful
    And Bob said to Huhie "who will I hurt if he torched the place", maybe the two companys beside the pig

Isn't McCoys and Hughie's laundry next door

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Nokia6230i wrote: »

Licence fee's due for renewal at end of month; do I get a discount?

Great synopsis Nokia. Never mind a discount, we should be paid for sitting through that sh1te. The most annoying thing is that if the writers/producers are interviewed by any RTE broadcaster (Tubridy,D'arcy etc) the usual plamasing will ensue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

fin12 wrote: »
    Hughie is a very good actor aswell. When he fell off the wagon, he was brilliant at portraying an alcoholic.

He was in Lenny Abrahamsons "Prosperity" back in the day; a short-lived 4 Episode drama with comedic interludes out of necessity incl. Mr. Paul Tylak "Farouq, are you a Muslim?" says the two young lads tryna nick from the Spar he was doing security in.

Hughie was decent enough when Natalie & him ran the pizzeria too; the fact the acting was better back then to now given how production values have improved is a slight on tonights & recent offerings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭jams100

The writers/producers should be getting the sack. That was just awful and that scene with Erica having a coffee with damo? Wtf? Completely out of sync. Did they even watch it themselves before letting it go out to air?
    Some of the acting from Sean, erica, Doug and pete has been terrible since it returned too, feel bad for some of the better actors like hughie, Bob, Paul and carol

• Registered Users Posts: 30,191 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jams100 wrote: »
    Some of the acting from Sean, erica, Doug and pete has been terrible since it returned too, feel bad for some of the better actors like hughie, Bob, Paul and carol

I've really noticed how poor of an actor Séan is lately. He just comes across as a Billy Barry kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Denny61

I've really noticed how poor of an actor Séan is lately. He just comes across as a Billy Barry kid.
    Yes ..no acting skills whatsoever..he was actually lot better when younger ...he jst appears in a scene now as if he dazzled by the lights. Same as a rabbit...or that dancing witth the stars malarkey. Has gone to his head..and thinks everyone in awe of him now... .Jesus..its pathetic.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

jams100 wrote: »
    The writers/producers should be getting the sack. That was just awful and that scene with Erica having a coffee with damo? Wtf? Completely out of sync. Did they even watch it themselves before letting it go out to air?

i thought they had skipped 3 or four episodes watching that scene... who on earth gets paid to check the continuity on FC? probably noone..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭political analyst

This is the author mentioned by Damien in the conversation with Erica at the outside table at the café on last night's episode - I had to put-on the subtitles on the Player to figure out the name that Damien said!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_McBain

• Advertisement

In the conversation at the café, I think Damien and Erica were exaggerating the effects of lockdown on their relationships with Mairéad and Doug respectively.

The lockdown rules here in the Republic never had a limit on the amount of time for outdoor exercise.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    He was in Lenny Abrahamsons "Prosperity" back in the day; a short-lived 4 Episode drama with comedic interludes out of necessity incl. Mr. Paul Tylak "Farouq, are you a Muslim?" says the two young lads tryna nick from the Spar he was doing security in.

Hughie was decent enough when Natalie & him ran the pizzeria too; the fact the acting was better back then to now given how production values have improved is a slight on tonights & recent offerings.

Was Hughie played by the same actor back then? I believe the pizzeria was called "Pizza Action".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

And Erica thinks it’s not weird there was petrol around the place?

Well she is kinda ditzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Seamai wrote: »
    Well she is kinda ditzy.

When I was watching it I assumed she knew what bob was planning, it felt like she was covering for bob when pete and Sean were outside. Now I'm starting to think she really thought bob just spilt petrol by accident

Is this the end to Bob’s money wore now?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Is this the end to Bob’s money wore now?

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Damien appearing sitting on a bike is another nod to Covid and the take up in cycling.

But it was just gratuitously thrown in. He wasn't even cycling!

I’d love to see how the script writers would portray somebody with Covid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

Probably use a Spar bag as the IV drip.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

jos28 wrote: »
    Great synopsis Nokia. Never mind a discount, we should be paid for sitting through that sh1te. The most annoying thing is that if the writers/producers are interviewed by any RTE broadcaster (Tubridy,D'arcy etc) the usual plamasing will ensue.

What? RTÉ luvvies to be interviewed on an RTÉ show? Surely not? That could never happen. Or could it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Nicola" taking part in a silly Covid quiz on CB live

jos28 wrote: »
    Sweet divine Jesus but this has hit an entire new low. Robbery by carrot ffs !!! Sean, Mairead and Damo wandering around the streets again. Why did they bother bringing this back, waste of film

The whole storyline is garbage.

Think of it - 3 hospitality places in FC - Vinos, McCoys & the Pig.

Vinos (presumably) closed for 3 months. McCoys still closed.

And the only one, for takeaway burgers etc, to remain open throughout is the one that goes belly-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Hughie is a very good actor aswell. When he fell off the wagon, he was brilliant at portraying an alcoholic.

Hughie was the only good thing in Sunday's episode, he's a fine actor.

Will Yam wrote: »
    The whole storyline is garbage.

Think of it - 3 hospitality places in FC - Vinos, McCoys & the Pig.

Vinos (presumably) closed for 3 months. McCoys still closed.

And the only one, for takeaway burgers etc, to remain open throughout is the one that goes belly-up!

Vino and Hot Pots were mentioned by Doug as being busy, Brewsers also got a mention by someone I think Damo

Sean is working for Chariot (Decco's courier service) so I assume The Station and McCoys which both did serve food are closed still

• Registered Users Posts: 16,281 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

We have been seeing the same group of people since it came back and the same two storylines, Bobs money problems and Wills court case.

Eastenders are able to have different characters and stories running even with the corona rules in place so how come the fools in RTE can't manage the same thing.

Its not just viewers on this forum getting sick of it, everyone is saying the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

We have been seeing the same group of people since it came back and the same two storylines, Bobs money problems and Wills court case.

Eastenders are able to have different characters and stories running even with the corona rules in place so how come the fools in RTE can't manage the same thing.

Its not just viewers on this forum getting sick of it, everyone is saying the same thing.

You forgot the real story...Erica's love of humming and marmalade without bits. :pac:

Don’t tempt them!

But Dolores the hairdresser can cure them.

sligojoek wrote: »
    "Nicola" taking part in a silly Covid quiz on CB live

That’s a bit upmarket for CB live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

That Maclean Burke is an embarrassment to the country.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damo talking Italy, Jesus wept

Carrot man is back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement