Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,403 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Unless Will stabs Mairead there is no way this idiot can accept Will isnt a saint.

Wait THATS IT?

Are we sure that it wasn't Cristiano's neck attracting Wills hands to it and poor Will had no control, that it was Critiano's necks fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Ooohhhhhhhhh finally

• Registered Users Posts: 23,403 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dont fúckin hug her Damien kick her back to her beloved hubby.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Mairead knows the truth know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

After all these weeks ....that was a crap reveal !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mairead's master plan worked. She got Will to lie to the Gardai, Cristiano to tell the truth and Will caught in the act.

Ok that was not her master plan, but at last...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

How long is Shaddon Curley expected to stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Brilliant, finally M Airhead walked in on Will attacking Cristiano, delighted, and actually had a tear in my eye for poor Cristiano when she brought him over to Damiens :(

Can't wait to see next weeks episodes!

Couldn't believe how crazy Will seemed when Cristiano came back from the gardai station and will was all like ' yay everythings back to normal now lets watch a movie'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

What exactly were the "distressing" scenes lastnight? Did I miss something?

And with that, this ridiculous box-ticking storyline concludes, with a cosy group hug where everyone finally sees the villain for who he is...just like real life. :rolleyes:

I was wondering what with Robbie gone, how they would keep Snarler in this show, seems they are going to pair her up with Ger for another 2 decades of repetitive gangster storylines with money lenders and distant relatives of Billy Meehan. Aisling O Neil must have some hold over that show, they literally will never ever sack her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭jos28

Well if Carslberg did anti-climaxes......................:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

That was the most fake punch ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Reminds me of Graham Dyer

Why were you guys good mates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    How long is Shaddon Curley expected to stay?

Hopfully a lot longer than Rory Cowen, that Bosco thing is ridiculous

• Site Banned Posts: 35 joejoggs

I thought fair city would come up with something more creative for Airhead to find out.

This story line is only getting started i'd say in time for Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Someone needs to tell Shaddon Curley there’s no such thing as a P45 anymore, with real-time PAYE reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

After all these weeks ....that was a crap reveal !
    jos28 wrote: »
    Well if Carslberg did anti-climaxes......................:mad:

Well that reveal was a damp squib

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭threetrees

MairHead could have listened a few seconds more at the door, for a bit more realism.

I wish Damo could have said "told ya so" but it wasn't to be. Group hug instead...

I'm liking Sharon Curly behind the bar, I think it's only a matter of time before Hayley gets there too. I bet Jane will work in the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Softkitty91

I wonder will Cristanio's brother Jake will return he never trusted Will once it came out he was married

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Why were you guys good mates ?

His house is up for sale . Pic of him in paper and at first glance I thought it was yet another one of will.

After weeks of the Will/Damo/Dopey MairHead drama it came to a head with MairHead hearing Will shouting while she is outside the door. The same thing happened last week when she witnessed Cristiano walloping Will with saucepan :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

I wonder will Cristanio's brother Jake will return he never trusted Will once it came out he was married

Bring Jake back !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

It was hardly worth watching at all really. After all the weeks of build up and Will being so creepy and Mairead being so dopey. Then after proving for ages she is the most stupid and gullible woman ever she puts the whole story together in record time. Waste of a story line.
    I thought it was hilarious tonight when Ger said to Carol that she knew better than to cross her. In all fairness what has Carol ever done to anyone to get a reputation as a hard nut. I don't think she has any old friends of Billy Meehan that owe her a favour either so it's stupid for Ger to be afraid of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Niall_76

threetrees wrote: »
    MairHead could have listened a few seconds more at the door, for a bit more realism.

Or at least stood shocked at the door for a second. She was in breaking it up faster than Usain Bolt before she could’ve really seen properly what was going on.

Thought we would’ve at least gotten a longer scene with Will trying to say he was defending himself.

I hope Will will double down and stick to his charges against Cristiano.. Wouldn’t like to go down the usual route of no more said about it by Deegan.

The ending was almost as if the writers were told last minute the actors’ were all due their 3 month break so had to finish the story now.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Gawd, these writers are pathetic. They pursued it along ridiculous lines, it had to come to an end as it was beyond farcical. Any writer worth his/her salt could have made a decent ending of it but no, 10 seconds of a damp squib

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

“What’s the code for the door?”

“P45”

🀣

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Naggdefy wrote: »

She's also the daughter of Johnny One/Eanna MacLiam, so Fair City royalty :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

After trying it a few different ways, I've come to the conclusion that reading the comments about each episode on this thread before actually watching the episode is the best craic in watching Fair City! :D

This story aint over yet folks. You haven't seen Will in full Norman Bates Psycho mode yet!

I'm thinking they should get Will to hold Miread captive in a small room for about a year. That'll be different!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

ifElseThen wrote: »
    She's also the daughter of Johnny One/Eanna MacLiam, so Fair City royalty :)

He’s also in The Snapper

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

No one should have had any hopes for the Will/Cristiano domestic abuse storyline, considering how Fair City writers have completely butchered storylines with potential in the past.

From the start it seemed rushed and contrived. For a year they had been in a committed relationship, and seemed happy. Then, out of the blue, for no apparent reason whatsoever, Will starts treating Cristiano like s*** as soon as he comes back from Chile, and acts paranoid with regards to what Cris was up to over there, when it was him who tried to kiss Mairead in Cris's absence.

Then, out of nowhere he's being physically violent towards him, and in record time, Cris becomes a shell of his former self.

In reality, domestic abuse is insidious. Usually, it starts off with psychological abuse. Sustained put downs and jibes that wear away at a person's confidence over time, before it finally escalates, but by then, the person who is being abused has been robbed off all self esteem and believes that their abuser really loves them and that they're in the wrong.

No way would Cristiano's confidence have eroded that quickly. It hadn't been going on for long enough before the first physical assault, and straight away, if it was real life; he'd have walked out the door at that and demanded that Will sort himself out. The shock of the turn in the relationship would have jarred him into action. But, instead, the story got the usual laughable Fair City treatment.... It could have been a great storyline, instead it was almost a joke - especially Mairead's blinkered behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Sparko

I hope Damien isn't going to just take Mairead back without a second thought. She treated him appallingly. And didn't all this nonsense with Will lead to Caoimhe fleeing Carrigstown with his child, shortly after he was starting to get himself back on her good side and having access?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement