Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call waiting times & Web chat availability

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭skydish79

tuxy wrote: »
    So not over 60 mins like it was? Progress?

Been 2 weeks now at over 30 minutes waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Chattymummy

DONT bother using webchat, spent over a week chatting online to be disconnected each time and told problem resolved even though there was a problem on my line each time.. I always thought you needed to ring the 1890 # to contact tech support. Saturday came and I had no internet connection and modem was not responding, I phoned 1901 and Collette said there was actually switches off in the exhange and arranged for engineer to come out, he arrived yesterday at 9.10 and all resolved...
    Surprised at eirs great customer services is understatement haha..

Moral of story do not bother with webchat.. Absolutely useless..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

was just on hold for 27 minutes, then i was disconnected...a joke....so i have to f*cking
     pay for that call????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

inocybe wrote: »
    Pistachio wrote: »
    It's 2 weeks since I first attempted to make contact with Eir in order to find out the end date of an elderly relatives exorbitantly expensive contract. I tried webchat who told me only a rep on 1901 could assist. I've spent way too much time holding and still haven't spoken to anyone. eir: Grainne gave me an email address, I emailed and sent all the required information on 25th Feb, I have still not even received an acknowledgement of my email. Just tried 1901 again for about the 10th time but of course everyone goes home at 6pm. It's pathetic.
    Try the webchat again, I got my contract end date from them after a bit of badgering. You might have to have your relative with you so that you can confirm that you are the contract holder.
    "Grainne gave me an email address, I emailed and sent all the required information on 25th Feb, I have still not even received an acknowledgement of my email."

What email address was supplied?

Willing to bet it was not  ccm@eir.ie which is the ComReg agreed address for complaints.

This ccm email address is monitored and the number of complaints received reported on a quarterly basis by ComReg.

That's why it works.
    It always amazes me the massive reluctance of eir to give out email addresses.

Lots of companies use email to log and track complaints.

It would seem a lot simpler and amore effective use of resources instead of having reps sit and dodge calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It would seem that Eir is currently using comreg to help solve customers issues. Only the ones that comreg receive are taken seriously. Almost as if comreg is taking up some of the slack from Eir being understaffed. 
    I take it comreg is funded by the tax payer and not the telcos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ppn

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]consumerline@[/font][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]comreg.ie[/font]

The only way to get a response and a result it would seem.

Don't you need a formal complaint number from eir before you can contact comreg?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

Don't you need a formal complaint number from eir before you can contact comreg?

No.

You just need to be able to show no response to your email after 10 days , sent to ccm@eir.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

To be fair Comreg will also give you a little bit of a run around as well as I'm sure they're exasperated sending through issues to Eir. You will eventually get them to carry the case and to be fair Eir will respond quickly. It seems to be one of the only suitable options to get Eir to pay attention to your grievances. 

They're not in Comregs good books either:

https://fora.ie/eir-comreg-contracts-4536738-Mar2019/

They are never in Comregs good books. Comreg frequently fine Eir, Eir pays no heed to the advice and just pays the small fine.

Same with the ASAI only they can't fine Eir just make recommendations that Eir and other operators ignore. 

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭bluetractor

It would seem that Eir is currently using comreg to help solve customers issues. Only the ones that comreg receive are taken seriously. Almost as if comreg is taking up some of the slack from Eir being understaffed. 
    I take it comreg is funded by the tax payer and not the telcos?
    Since when has comreg being funded by the taxpayer?

Certainly in their 2017 report all their funding came from a levy on communication companies and licensing premium rate numbers and a couple of other sources, but no tax payer contribution, unless you know different to the published annual report of comreg?

as for waiting times on eir - It was 42 minutes today.

In any other company the person who decided to close the outsourced call centres before starting to employ new inhouse staff would be dismissed immediately for gross incompetence.

But maybe this is the French way of doing things? 

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ppn

Surely that's the main reason to contact comreg? Because you can't even get in contact with Eir to get a reference number from them in the first place. That was my experience anyway. Couldn't rate comreg highly enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭picturehangup

ppn wrote: »
    Surely that's the main reason to contact comreg? Because you can't even get in contact with Eir to get a reference number from them in the first place. That was my experience anyway. Couldn't rate comreg highly enough!
    Yes, my issue was finally sorted out.. going on and on since last September/Oct remember.. by Comreg. Was dealing with a gent by the name of Aaron. Can't speak highly enough about Comreg. From not being able to contact Eir, money diverted to an old Telecom Eireann account, which Eir could not trace, despite me having receipts, to prove otherwise, to inflated bills, and continued bills despite being out of contract, not being able to get a locking code.Nobody to talk to anywhere, calls closed down, no webchat satisfaction... It went on and on. God, my blood pressure was sky high. Was actually prepared to face them in court, no problem. Finally got a final email from Eir which told me the case was now closed. 

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ComputerTech

Hi All

Can I being the following information to your attention. Its to do with your "CONTRACT" with Eir, should anyone find that theirs Eir Bill increased and you got "NO NOTICE" of this change ... just a price hike. The article is taken from "The Journal.ie" as of Thur the 14th of March 2019 with the heading: "ComReg has called out Eir over how it modifies contracts" ... I hope that this will help someone here given the nightmare just trying to get in contact with Eir over the last weeks.  This is the link to that article:  https://www.thejournal.ie/eir-comreg-contracts-2-4541479-Mar2019/
    If this applies to you in anyway, contact COMREG on 01-8049600 and make a formal issue out of it. So you will have them "onside with you" at least you won't feel alone and that no one is listening!! .... they are GREAT. Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cenahs

Called to change my account back in January, spent over 1 hour waiting on the phone. Checked my bill and the old amount is still being charged two months on. Tried webchat - waste of time. Time to contact comreg I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

cenahs wrote: »
    Called to change my account back in January, spent over 1 hour waiting on the phone. Checked my bill and the old amount is still being charged two months on. Tried webchat - waste of time. Time to contact comreg I guess.
    Hi cenahs, 

Sorry to hear your price has not updated. 

Could you PM the following details and I will look into this?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement