Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call waiting times & Web chat availability

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

pj12332 wrote: »
    Ye brijg then back to Ireland up to Sligo and close the Dublin call centre. Genuis this lad is.
    Yeah a lot of those staff were contractors, but they knew their stuff. Why not just keep telephone house open and give those people the contracts...

Have to laugh when they announced it as 750 new jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

Would just like to note that after weeks of being messed around by eir I Fixed the issue myself. I ended up changing my email to something else and it worked. No one ever suggested this to me. Eir have been useless from start to finish. A joke of a company. Promise after promise for people to get back to me and take responsibility to get it sorted and heard absolutely nothing back in terms of solutions. Horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

72 Days and counting till my contract ends. Cannot wait to get away from Eir. I will never use them again and actively discourage anybody I know from signing up with them. 

Poor reception, numerous issues (Dropped calls, Wifi Calling, Eir sports app), extortionate roaming rates in US and then when you eventually get through to "support" (a non technical customer service advisor) its a complete waste of time. Like a game of chinese whispers between you, the customer care rep and the tech team. 

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

i am currently holding for 35 minutes to speak to an Eir rep. Online chat said they couldnt help me .I cannot believe how bad the service is. if im going to have to put up with crap serice i may as well change to Tesco etc, same crap service , but cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

i am currently holding for 35 minutes to speak to an Eir rep. Online chat said they couldnt help me .I cannot believe how bad the service is. if im going to have to put up with crap serice i may as well change to Tesco etc, same crap service , but cheaper
    after holding for 43 minutes i spoke to a rep.after taking ,my details, he cut  me off. Congratulations Eir on having the worst customer care i have had to deal with. I will obviously have to take time out of my working day to call to a phone shop to resolve my issue, please rest assured, ill be calling to every other phone company before i get to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 mattmosis

I have just spent an hour and a half on the phone to eir, transferred 3 times. The third time I was on hold for 45 minutes and then customer service couldn't fix the issue and advised my account would need to be cancelled and set up again but I would need to be transferred AGAIN! I was put on hold only to be "cut off". Literally the WORST company I have ever dealt with!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Called Eir Sales yesterday to discuss renewing Broadband residential.
    Call picked up after 3 minutes to be told by the Irish guy that he needs to transfer me to the Loyalty team as I'm a long term customer of Eir. Spent a further 61 (sixty-one) minutes on hold before call picked up by another Irish guy.

While trying to re-negotiate a Broadband price with Eir, they couldn't do very much or offer anything to stay with them.

In comparison I can move to a competitor as a new customer and save €300 in the first year on Broadband.

So while holding forever and being patient, they still don't want your business once you get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ComputerTech

For the last 3 days Monday the 14th/Tuesday the 15th and today the 16th of Jan 2019, I have being trying to EIR contact Customer Care ... every time I ring I am told that there is a delay of 30 minutes and the music play's ... at 25 minutes a per-recording interrupts to say "call back later" and the line goes dead.
    Yesterday I was told once more in a pre-recorded message after waiting 28 minutes that customer care was closed at 15:30 hours... this company is getting away with murder on how it treats its customers ... its a bloody disgrace ... anyone else having this problem???? ... report gone to COMREG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

I'm going into my local eir shop on Saturday and if they can't solve my issue I'm porting to a new network.
    Will cancel the DD and let them come after me.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

Wow. I am amazed by wait times to talk to an eir rep. 
    truly amazing. 
    how is this business still up and running, it really is a mystery. 

finally an organisation that makes the hse look professional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Wow. I am amazed by wait times to talk to an eir rep. 
    truly amazing. 
    how is this business still up and running, it really is a mystery. 

finally an organisation that makes the hse look professional
    And I was quite happy to stay with them, but couldn't contact anyone to discuss my contract, so was forced to move. Pity....more so for Eir! 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mattmosis

They've made it virtually impossible to speak to someone. Tried to ring at 14:50 today and to my surprise was told there was only over a 10min wait (machine normally says 30min) and after 18min on hold the pre recorded message tells me "they are having trouble trying to connect me and to try again later ".

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

2 Chats, 1901 and 1905(neither get through after 28 mins beep beep beep), Twitter was responsive with my billing information telling me he sees the problem but, guess what, ring 1901. 

Then on Linkedin I see Eir proudly talking about filling roles yet none of them are Customer Service. 

Only adding this as a rant as I'm exasperated. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Twaldo

Can someone from eir please contact me
    Impossible to talk to anyone from customer care
    Its getting beyond ridiculous now

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ComputerTech

This is an UP-DATE on where I'm at in relation to my 3 DAYS of trying to contact EIR CUSTOMER CARE ... the bottom line is they don't give a **** ... sorry CARE.
    I contact COMREG (The Commission for Communications Regulation) by phone on 01-804 9600 last week and told them all my stories of my 3 days example, being passed to an agent on the phone, then told that they have an expected waiting time of 30 minutes and waiting like a fool ... to be told at 25 minutes later by a per-recorded message that 1. Please call back at a later date call terminated  2. Sorry Customer Service is closed Please Call Back between office hours that being 15:30 hours in the afternoon and so on call terminated.

COMREG advises me to write a LETTER OF COMPLAINT and send it on by email and wait for 10 days.
    So after 4 days I get a phone call from EIR back office staff today ... the lady said that she was sorry about the delay of 3Day !!!!) but they closed down the main offices in Marlborough street in Dublin and that they were in the process of changing ownership of the company and that they have a smaller office in Dublin now (Cant remember the name) and also a new office in SLIGO ... they were training in new staff and 3rd party companies was helping with calls.
    I asked, WHY are you not telling people this ? Why after 3 days of waiting, could you not put a NOTICE on your website and TELL PEOPLE.
    She did not know ... fair enough ... but EIR can update they products and add NEW ones with no problem ... BUT EIR CAN'T PUT A NOTICE UP TO TELL PEOPLE THERE IS A PROBLEM? ... I asked about telling the Media and she told me it was on SIX ONE NEWS and the PAPERS ... What do you say to that! ...
    I for sure did not ... I recall last year sometime about a change of ownership ... That's some Customer Care alright.

Today the Agent at COMREG told me ... they can't do anything about this only ... Wait for this ... "ADVICE EIR" ... Can you believe it.
    God help the people, who must advise them of a 30 days notice to finish a contract .... they will get an extra MONTH out of you for sure ... or if you find that they increased your bill by ten euro extra a month and YOU CAN'T GET IN CONTACT WITH THEM TO TELL THEM ... Where are my nerve tablets quick
    Hope it help ... David

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭SuperO'B

Absolutely beyond ridiculous. I want to change to a pay as you go from a sim only bill pay phone. Holy god, what an effort. I was 40mins before I got through to customer care and the guy told me that I have to transfer to the loyalty team. Why the f**k does this not happen automatically when you dial option 3 "remove a service" from the input. I'm now over the hour mark waiting with no communication from anybody. This is beyond sh1t. I think my next move is to just cancel my wife and I's direct debit bill payment and go somewhere else. What an absolute joke shop. 

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Fishdoodle

Ridiculous ..... you're put on hold for "at least 10 minutes" ..... I was waiting 45mins to get through / 30 mins the day before.

If you want to get through to sales however ...they'll have the phone answered in no time!

Customer Loyalty team ....you could be waiting forever ..... and ever .........Amen.

So much for customer loyalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

Fishdoodle wrote: »
    Ridiculous ..... you're put on hold for "at least 10 minutes" ..... I was waiting 45mins to get through / 30 mins the day before.

If you want to get through to sales however ...they'll have the phone answered in no time!

Customer Loyalty team ....you could be waiting forever ..... and ever .........Amen.

So much for customer loyalty.
    I spent 3 days, total 5-6 hours waiting on hold so I could cancel my contract for a service I was mis-sold. Beyond sh%t is an understatement. Support on here was useless as well.

Avoid this company like the plague if you value your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cocokabana

I have been trying to contact Eir since yesterday. Stayed on hold for 40 minutes yesterday. In the end I had to end call as I had to go out. Tried again this morning, again 30 minutes wait time. I tried online chat. Sumit Kamar replied & said he'll have to transfer me to sales team and then ended the session. FML

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daivrz

Used web chat today to remove a network lock on an old phone. I had tried in the past and had a bad experience - long wait times, no response. Today I got a chat agent quickly, and after providing a huge amount of personal data, apparently to verify my identity, I actually got the code in the chat session.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 PatsyJ

Am currently on hold for 1 hour and 10mins......... The hold music is starting to drive me insane. What's going on over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

got off live chat, trying to sort this bill issue:
    his response" We have some limited access we can explain your bill, provide contract related information, add services etc."

Have all the Eir Representatives on this forum also disappeared!  

I had money owed to me and was able to resolve this on the web chat quickly enough. I was amazed as I thought I'd be sent around in circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

lad on webchat told me i had to contact 1901

HAH! i got through after 30 minutes, then my phone died. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Thats same as the last 2 times I tried web chat. complete waste of my time and the time of the person on the chat. I don't know what they actually do other than refer you to 1901

heroics wrote: »
    ewj1978 wrote: »
    Thats same as the last 2 times I tried web chat. complete waste of my time and the time of the person on the chat. I don't know what they actually do other than refer you to 1901
    Maybe I just got lucky!  I kept getting emails telling me that I was owed (minus) -€45. I then queried this on the web chat and was told after a few mins that this would be processed and paid back into my account in the next 5 days. I can't understand why this can't be done automatically....but I suppose it is Eir after all, so logic doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ElusiveHaggis

Oh don't bother with the chat, it is completely pointless.  For example - my year contract is coming up, so I tried chat...they kind of ignore you, it doesn't matter what you say.  I was on a simple broadband (42e) they just bluntly just said 70e regardless of what I typed and asked (70e for broadband and who uses landlines, it's not even proper fiber).  It made me think that they are just a call centre in a remote place.

Oh...but let's see what happens when we call them.  30 effing minutes waiting time.  And then they just re-direct you.  So you can expect over an hour on a call, mostly listening to music.

You call them and it's a 30min wait - if you can be bothered with that...

I didn't wait - Call me Eir! Otherwise you've lost a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Finnlee

I have been trying to cancel my account now for 2 days. Today I was on hold to the number advised on the website to cancel or switch when I was disconnected after 50+ minutes and the automated recording's advice was to contact chat. So I contact chat and they tell  me that they cannot help me, to phone 1901. I tell them there is a problem with their phone lines and I keep getting cut off.  I try 1901 twice while I am on chat and get disconnected twice.  I tell the rep on chat and he says sorry. I ask for an email address, he says no. I ask for a callback, no. I ask to speak to a manager, no. I ask to process my request to cancel, no. I say I want to cancel and confirm with him that I cannot cancel as noone will answer the phone. He says sorry and gives me another number, then cuts off the chat. I ring the other number and after being on hold for 1 hour 40 minutes I finally do what I assume they were hoping for and end the call to save my sanity... how can this be legal???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Finnlee wrote: »
    I have been trying to cancel my account now for 2 days. Today I was on hold to the number advised on the website to cancel or switch when I was disconnected after 50+ minutes and the automated recording's advice was to contact chat. So I contact chat and they tell  me that they cannot help me, to phone 1901. I tell them there is a problem with their phone lines and I keep getting cut off.  I try 1901 twice while I am on chat and get disconnected twice.  I tell the rep on chat and he says sorry. I ask for an email address, he says no. I ask for a callback, no. I ask to speak to a manager, no. I ask to process my request to cancel, no. I say I want to cancel and confirm with him that I cannot cancel as noone will answer the phone. He says sorry and gives me another number, then cuts off the chat. I ring the other number and after being on hold for 1 hour 40 minutes I finally do what I assume they were hoping for and end the call to save my sanity... how can this be legal???

People should start writing to Conor Pope in the IT or even set up a Facebook page for disgruntled Eir customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Paulmc.

@ Finnlee, just cancel your direct debit to Eir, they'll soon get in touch with you

Advertisement