Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call waiting times & Web chat availability

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hobes

After 70 minutes waiting, was advised via live chat to call a 1800 number (currently 10 minutes on hold but may have to leave it now).

All I am trying to do is cancel my broadband order because my apartment doesn't even have a phone line (I know, crazy) - so I can't even get eir's broadband service.

Honestly, I'm glad I can't get it at this stage, it was supposed to be installed last Thursday, so I worked from home and nobody showed up.

It was rescheduled to Saturday - nobody showed up. Then it was rescheduled to today and someone did come! But we can't get the service here in the end.

Can a CS rep get in contact with me on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,264 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Which 1800 number?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hobes

fritzelly wrote: »
    Which 1800 number?
    1800 303 452

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

What is the per minute rate when calling +353 1430 7085 from overseas?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Henno30 wrote: »
    What is the per minute rate when calling +353 1430 7085 from overseas?
    That's a standard Dublin number, so standard rates would apply.

On the general topic of outsourcing, based on my work experience, it's *not* all the fault of the people who take the calls. If they aren't getting proper support and training from the parent company, or their systems are at fault, then changing the people won't magically make everything better. Either way, going off at them on the phone does no good whatsoever. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

Well, whatever about outsourcing. The webchat I spoke to this morning was Indian. 

I got nowhere with them, within 3 minutes they told me they cannot deal with billing issues and i have to call the support line.
    On the website they've removed the email address and say its not in use due to upgrading services. 

Waited 40 minutes on phone before giving up today. 

I also can't even login to my.eir because the site seems bugged out today. Can't log in what so ever it just keeps giving me a blank screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭picturehangup

Well, whatever about outsourcing. The webchat I spoke to this morning was Indian. 

I got nowhere with them, within 3 minutes they told me they cannot deal with billing issues and i have to call the support line.
    On the website they've removed the email address and say its not in use due to upgrading services. 

Waited 40 minutes on phone before giving up today. 

I also can't even login to my.eir because the site seems bugged out today. Can't log in what so ever it just keeps giving me a blank screen.
    Received two bills from them, even though moved to a different provider, had to get new handset, as it took them 3 weeks to send me the unlocking code, otherwise would have had no phone at all. Have no intention of paying for these bills, as they  are for a 'service' I did not receive. Emailed them on the 5th Oct to tell them that I was leaving. Had to get on to comreg again. If everyone complains to comreg, then something will have to be done about Eir. It is a disgrace. Called in them in-store Mullingar yesterday to sort out above billing issue.  All new staff, queue out the door a mile long. 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

carolan.lennon@eir.ie
    This email address is freely available on Google

• Registered Users Posts: 48 EVanB

I've currently been on hold for a literal hour. I applied to migrate to eir yesterday. I want to cancel that migration. Can I do that without suffering through the torture that is your hold music?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

EVanB wrote: »
    I've currently been on hold for a literal hour. I applied to migrate to eir yesterday. I want to cancel that migration. Can I do that without suffering through the torture that is your hold music?

Is it 2 or 3 songs on the loop? It feels like 3, but they are hard to separate. Maybe we need to suggest an 'Eir on-hold' album to reduce customers resentment I was in hold for about 70 plus minutes myself. Double album territory. If it's 3 songs then chances are i heard each one 7/8 times.
    I guess the worse thing is the lack of information or update of estimated hold time. After I got thru what feels like a deliberate slow set of prompts and instructions where the automated teller kept hinting to me to hang up and actually made it to the queue...it told me you will be waiting over 30 minutes so maybe I should call back. It told me the same in Wednesday and Thursday before IT hung up on me out of desperation that I would not hang up myself. At least 10 outta 10 for accuracy, 70 mins is indeed more than 30 mins in my book.

My problem is as I posted elsewhere in this Eir forum, and pmed Eir staff without any joy of a reply, is one where the eir service operators failed to correctly update my accounts status back in September. I've been sent from eir shop to webchat-and boy is that ever useless; with many wasted hours, to eventually after more hours wasted getting thru on phone. I've been told because it's the weekend...er well now it is after days of trying to sort it...My problem might be rectified by lunch on Monday...if not go to the store on Tuesday and find out and THEN ring back again. Remember this was their error but it feels like its becoming my part-time permanent position.. Quite frankly i feel for their customer facing staff, they must be dealing with a permanent onslaught of desperate upset angry frustrated customers who can't get even their basic demands met. I'm not sure is it outsourcing or not, but Eir used to be a decent company but now it seems very sick and my experience and clearly many others is utter ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 EVanB

darlett wrote: »
    Is it 2 or 3 songs on the loop? It feels like 3, but they are hard to separate. Maybe we need to suggest an 'Eir on-hold' album to reduce customers resentment I was in hold for about 70 plus minutes myself. Double album territory. If it's 3 songs then chances are i heard each one 7/8 times. I guess the worse thing is the lack of information or update of estimated hold time. After I got thru what feels like a deliberate slow set of prompts and instructions where the automated teller kept hinting to me to hang up and actually made it to the queue...it told me you will be waiting over 30 minutes so maybe I should call back. It told me the same in Wednesday and Thursday before IT hung up on me out of desperation that I would not hang up myself. At least 10 outta 10 for accuracy, 70 mins is indeed more than 30 mins in my book.
    Yeah its three songs in a loop, with just enough of a gap between them to give you the false hope that someone has actually answered the phone. I was on hold eighty nine minutes in the end. But I eventually got through, only to be transferred to another department of course. In the end I have been assured my account is closed and I have never been so glad to be done with a company. 

EVanB wrote: »
    Yeah its three songs in a loop, with just enough of a gap between them to give you the false hope that someone has actually answered the phone. I was on hold eighty nine minutes in the end. But I eventually got through, only to be transferred to another department of course. In the end I have been assured my account is closed and I have never been so glad to be done with a company. 

Well congrats on making it over that hurdle! Like The Hunger Games Of Phone Contracts. Of course if you had of only known you could have watched a movie or a football match, cooked a meal and done the dishes to pass the time.
    I know what you mean, that protracted pause and almost stuttering start to each song was maddening. I lost count of how many times I said hello to a man who replied back rather dolefully that "Lately I been, I been losing sleep, dreaming about the things that we could be..." . Oh sweet sanity, abandon me not.
    I did get put on hold by the guy as he had to ahem "escalate" the problem to another department..., but at least he gave me a different set, some classical tunes which was such a blessed relief so I'm not including those 10 mins in my initial 70 mins on hold listening to One Jaysus Republic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Magnatu

Ridiculous that there are only three hold songs. A company with Eirs resources should be capable of putting together a much longer playlist..
    And after you are put on to the first agent who invariably tells you he can do nothing to help you and puts you on hold again there should be a totally seperate playlist for the second shift. 

@darlett when you get on to them again you need to ask them to raise a ticket with R6 Ops to get the "in progress" order finalised. If it's a stuck order then no one else can solve it (it's a backend software issue) - should take a few days (normally)

Their customer service is an absolute disgrace. I have been trying since last Wednesday to get a simple issue resolved. I have been speaking to multiple agents who transferred me to the sales department, then to be suddenly cut off or be told they can't help me. I have been giving numerous numbers to call but all I get is " Lately I been, I been losing sleep, dreaming about the things that we could be..." 

Laughable the customer service, all you get on twitter is a generic response then!

Wow! Just read this post in this thread from a month ago...er snap!

@darlett when you get on to them again you need to ask them to raise a ticket with R6 Ops to get the "in progress" order finalised. If it's a stuck order then no one else can solve it (it's a backend software issue) - should take a few days (normally)

Thanks for that Fritz, I imagine that was painfully achieved information ;) I'll see if Monday ish brings a resolution, and if not go back into the cluster expletive that is 1901 armed with that more specific request.

All the customer care staff are new (most of them are literally days or weeks outta "training") so will likely try to fob you off. So ask for a team leader/supervisor and tell them what I said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

All the customer care staff are new (most of them are literally days or weeks outta "training") so will likely try to fob you off. So ask for a team leader/supervisor and tell them what I said.
    With the incompetence being demonstrated by these new staff, you have to question their level of training.  The chances of getting a team leader is about as likely as getting someone to answer.  Nil chance

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Jut tried to get through as overcharged on my bill and 30 minutes wait time, useless ****ers

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭picturehangup

i think the minister for communications needs to intervene with this crowd. 
    They are worse than useless. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

I ported over on December 29th to eir.  I am on the eir mobile connect 30 day sim only plan. I signed up as I wanted the eir sports app on my mobile. I am not a broadband customer. I sucessfully register online and can log into the eir website. I then dowload the red/pink eir sport app. I put in the same details and get the error message "sorry your account is not eligible to use this app".

I try to contact customer services 5 times over three days. The number just cuts me off again and again. It then rings and i am left on hold for 40/50/60+ minutes and no answer. How on earth can this be possible? A quick search online and tere are hundreds of complaints about the hold times.

Today i started ringing again at 2 and couldnt get through. I called the eir commerical sign up number for eir sports. Got through after five minutes. Then got transferred to eir sport tech support, another 15 mins on hold. Man comes on the phone. Tries for 15 minutes to sort problem and cant do anything. He says he is restricted to what ge can do as it is not the green app for broadband customers. (The same green app that has chromecast capability and seems to be the onle app you care about helping with). He says I have to contact customer services again as this is a mobile query. I get transferred and an hour on hold and no answer.

Call back 1905 again at 330. Get trough to someone at 445. She goes off and calls tech support who tell her my number is not eligible for the app. Like seriously??? I signed up last week. You have big signs and leaflets about the free app on my plan. She says she as no idea what she can do and to go back into the shop. I go to the eir store. The lad is clueless. Says that I should call eir sport tech or 1905.

I tell im I have painstakingly done so for days and they eventually told me to go into the store. Also tried live chat and facebook messenger. The only suggestion on live chat was to reset my password. Did that and didnt work. Every single means of communication to your comany is abysmal. Every single employee is absolutely clueless. How on earth is this company making money?? Can someone please sort out my number so I can use ther app I have PAID for as part of my subscription.

My partner also signed up completely seperately to me with her own account and is having the exact same problem. We both cant sign in to the app. Its saying we are not eligible even thoug we have the correct plan and can sign into the eir website. Who am I supposed to talk to here? Has anyone got a clue whats going on??? Genuinely?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

What a useless company for service when you need it.
    I'm BillPay with account for 2 phones.
    Rang "Customer Service" number today and repeatedly cut off automatically once call connected.
    Eventually got through to automated menu and then put on hold. 
    FOURTY SIX minutes - thats "46 mins" of my time, I'm still listening to recuring music hold menu.
    A company who can't be contacted to discuss or amend you account must be in breach of their customer service code. 
    Think my next call is to Comreg. Think everybody here should do the same

TheDocMan wrote: »
    What a useless company for service when you need it.
    I'm BillPay with account for 2 phones.
    Rang "Customer Service" number today and repeatedly cut off automatically once call connected.
    Eventually got through to automated menu and then put on hold. 
    FOURTY SIX minutes - thats "46 mins" of my time, I'm still listening to recuring music hold menu.
    A company who can't be contacted to discuss or amend you account must be in breach of their customer service code. 
    Think my next call is to Comreg. Think everybody here should do the same
    Try an hour on hold, hung up on. Another hour on hold and then 20 minutes later they still could not resolve the problem. It's shocking to me that this company is in business. Genuinely the worst company I have ever dealt with. No exaggeration.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sysmod

Similar experience. Bought a prepay SIM 20 Dec, placed an online billpay order 20 Dec for connect 30 mobile, spent ten days chasing 1901 and 1800773729 with no one able to help. Finally billpayonline emailed me to say they had cancelled the order so I went back to the shop in the nearest town, and they made it work in under an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

My WiFi calling is not working for receiving calls so rang on Wednesday - 50 mins holding then got someone who said tech team had changed a setting restart phone and if that didn't resolve it I needed a new SIM. 

Surprise surprise that didn't fix it and neither did a new SIM .Trying to ring today and message wait times over 30 minutes. 3 times now rang been in the queue and randomly disconnects. 

Also why when ringing with a tech support query am I put through to non technical customer service and not a technical resource? Its like a game of Chinese whispers getting information.

Fyi while on the phone yesterday I was told Eir have moved their call centre from Dublin to Sligo so loads of people quit and they are having a "staffing crisis". Trying to save money and lost all of their staff. Great move.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

General Question :- If a company makes it impossible for its customers to resolve issues by making it's customer service department unusable,
    at what point does it expose itself to charges of reckless trading?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/eir-to-bring-hundreds-of-outsourced-customer-service-jobs-back-in-house-1.3617755

"[font=Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif]The new chief executive of [/font][font=Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif]Eir[/font][font=Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif] says the company plans to bring “hundreds” of outsourced customer service jobs back in-house, as it tries to shake-off an image for poor customer service delivery."[/font]

[font=Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif]Doing a great job of that based on this thread anyway.[/font]

• Advertisement

Ye brijg then back to Ireland up to Sligo and close the Dublin call centre. Genuis this lad is.

Advertisement