Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call waiting times & Web chat availability

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

paddy19 wrote: »
    Email address for complaints:

I understand that Eir is bringing customer service  back in house.
    Sounds like a great idea.
    Obviously this is difficult process with recruiting and training new employees.

In the interim Eir could provide an email address that customers could  use to work and track issues.

Leaving customers hanging on phone lines is waste of the customer's time and Eirs resources.

Many progressive companies use email for complaints. They allocate a number to an automated email reply to track the issue.

I understand that there is an Eir email address that ComReg recommend when customers are not satisfied with the service.

ccm@eir.ie

Is this correct address?
    It's true but they're not answering that either. First thing I done when i couldn't get an answer is cancel the direct debit, after that it was ComReg all the way.

Everyone that is having contractual issues should contact ComReg on 01 804 9600, detail their case, open a case file and take their guidance. 

I called ComReg in early February and followed their protocol: emailed ccm@eir.ie, got no response after 10 working days then contacted ComReg again.
    They escalated the case, I got a call a couple of hours later from a lovely girl at Eir escalations who apologised genuinely, wiped the outstanding balance and facilitated me to leave the company.

ComReg really are your friends here. Should be stickied somewhere IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ElusiveHaggis

Email address for complaints:

I understand that Eir is bringing customer service  back in house.
    Sounds like a great idea.
    Obviously this is difficult process with recruiting and training new employees.

In the interim Eir could provide an email address that customers could  use to work and track issues.

Leaving customers hanging on phone lines is waste of the customer's time and Eirs resources.

Many progressive companies use email for complaints. They allocate a number to an automated email reply to track the issue.

I understand that there is an Eir email address that ComReg recommend when customers are not satisfied with the service.

ccm@eir.ie

Is this correct address?
    It's true but they're not answering that either. First thing I done when i couldn't get an answer is cancel the direct debit, after that it was ComReg all the way.

Everyone that is having contractual issues should contact ComReg on 01 804 9600, detail their case, open a case file and take their guidance. 

I called ComReg in early February and followed their protocol: emailed ccm@eir.ie, got no response after 10 working days then contacted ComReg again.
    They escalated the case, I got a call a couple of hours later from a lovely girl at Eir escalations who apologised genuinely, wiped the outstanding balance and facilitated me to leave the company.

ComReg really are your friends here. Should be stickied somewhere IMO.
    10 days, well ur lucky.  Eir - a BIG COMMUNICATION AND MEDIA PROVIDER...can't pick up the ****ing phone.  Hey Eir, I'm still waiting for the call-backs...while you charge me 70+ euro per month for simple broadband...no landline...just 10mb/s line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Charlie Weston on Matt Cooper show states that Eir have reduced their waiting times to 8 minutes on average.
    It's amazing the ****e the media will swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

Did Charlie  lift the phone and test the veracity of Eir claim of 8 minutes a couple of times?

Sounds like Charlie has a direct line!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭gaza4

Spent 25 mins on hold with the move team direct line and the 1901 line is giving etas of over 30 mins. What's goin on with them???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

gaza4 wrote: »
    Spent 25 mins on hold with the move team direct line and the 1901 line is giving etas of over 30 mins. What's goin on with them???
    Let go of 600 outsourced staff before training in new staff. Simple as that

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭skydish79

Still waiting times of at least over 30 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

tuxy wrote: »
    gaza4 wrote: »
    Let go of 600 outsourced staff before training in new staff. Simple as that

This should be in BOLD on the top of this forum so every new poster about customer service sees it before posting another thread....

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,515 ✭✭✭blackwhite

When ringing 1905 now getting told the call centre is closed.

The hours are supposed to be 9am-6pm.

<snip>

Still over 30 minutes waiting times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,515 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Promised a call back before COB yesterday, and but heard nothing from eir.

Again today, no call back as promised.

And yet again, call the customer care line at 17.10, only to get a pre-recorded message that the customer care centre is closed.

Kind of contradicts the opening hours on their website then :rolleyes:

https://www.eir.ie/about/contact/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Interesting, shutting the gate with the horse already bolted for anyone I seem to have spoken to.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ElusiveHaggis

So...since I can't get in contact with u Eir (over 1hr waiting time - I don't have the time to waste).  I've cancelled my DD, and Eir you have to get in contact with me if you want money...contact me and refund me.

A lot of colleagues have been overcharged recently through your f**k ups too.

You are the worst ISP.

Still over 30 minutes for loyalty team/cancellations

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ppn

Has anybody here actually gotten to speak to a member of Eir staff over the phone in the last 6 weeks? Absolutely appalling company!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

ppn wrote: »
    Has anybody here actually gotten to speak to a member of Eir staff over the phone in the last 6 weeks? Absolutely appalling company!
    I did last FRiday morning, then when I relayed my issue, he hung up on me. 

I'm on hold since 9.01 this morning. I got through at 10:00 to be told that I was through to the wrong section, transferred, cut off. On hold now since 10:05. 

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

These new staff have no access to the order systems, they will pretty much just take your details and pass them on, you may as well just send smoke signals. 

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Pistachio

It's 2 weeks since I first attempted to make contact with Eir in order to find out the end date of an elderly relatives exorbitantly expensive contract. I tried webchat who told me only a rep on 1901 could assist. I've spent way too much time holding and still haven't spoken to anyone. eir: Grainne gave me an email address, I emailed and sent all the required information on 25th Feb, I have still not even received an acknowledgement of my email. Just tried 1901 again for about the 10th time but of course everyone goes home at 6pm. It's pathetic.

Pistachio wrote: »
    It's 2 weeks since I first attempted to make contact with Eir in order to find out the end date of an elderly relatives exorbitantly expensive contract. I tried webchat who told me only a rep on 1901 could assist. I've spent way too much time holding and still haven't spoken to anyone. eir: Grainne gave me an email address, I emailed and sent all the required information on 25th Feb, I have still not even received an acknowledgement of my email. Just tried 1901 again for about the 10th time but of course everyone goes home at 6pm. It's pathetic.
    It was coming up on 30 days since I first contacted Eir via email and letter, following the official complaints procedure on their website. 
    Having heard nothing from them apart from eir: Grainne here, I emailed Comreg on Monday at "consumerline@comreg.ie" regarding the billing complaint. Two days later, I have a phonecall from Eir escalation team. Hooray! Well done Comreg!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 coreb_KK

The call waiting times are ridiculous. 
    It's now over 30 minutes that I am on hold waiting to talk to someone in the Loyalty Team.

It's nothing but bad reports posted online about eir

Been over a week now and still 30 minute delays on hold

I'll wait 15 minutes max to give a supplier my hard earned money.

After that it's email. Suppliers hate email because you are in control of the process.

Eir hate it because each numbered complaint goes in the stats against them.

Email:

ccm@eir.ie

with a complaint about call waiting and whatever issue you have. Include,  account number, name address, dob and you as account holder.

Request an official ComReg complaint number. They won't want to give it to you but keep after them.

No satisfactory solution within 10 days escalate to ComReg at

consumerline@comreg.ie

It works, or you can keep listening to the lovely Eir tunes....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭meep

This page indicates call center is open Mon - Sat 8.00Am - 6.00 pm

https://www.eir.ie/about/contact/

I called last Saturday, they were closed. I called at 4.00pm today. They were closed.

How are you supposed to conduct business that cannot be done in-store or via web chat?

And this thread was opened at the end of 2018????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭meep

And I just got this doozy from web chat....

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Sorry for the inconvenience , I would request you to call 1901 or 1800303458 and they will help you renew it , I dont have the access to renew account . Please call them tomorrow morning at 9am and you will be able to connect easily as the queue would be low. You can also write a letter on this address to renew your account .[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]The Cancellations Team,[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]eir, Floor 2,[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]1 Heuston South Quarter,[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]St. John’s Road,[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Dublin 8 D08 A9RT[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Write a letter.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]WHAT????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/font]

You may think that you're exercised enough....
    but Eir want to help walk off all that anger you've built after giving you the runaround.

Look at all the exercise you'll get with the Eir six step:

type up letter,
    print letter,
    get envelope,
    get a stamp,
    walk to post box,
    post letter.

(This of course assumes that you have a stamp, otherwise it becomes the Eir 7 step only operational between the hours of 9 to 5.30 Monday to Friday).

You do run the risk that Eir may not acknowledge that they got the letter since you didn't register it. In this case you get to do the Eir six step a second time. Lucky you.

If you don't need the exercise you could just send a formal complaint, requesting an official tracking number, via this new fangled email thing to

ccm@eir.ie

and if Eir don't resolve the issue within 10 days sending an email to ComReg at

consumerline@comreg.ie

Your choice the Eir six/Twelve step or the ComReg two step.

You may think that you're exercised enough....
    but Eir want to help walk off all that anger you've built after giving you the runaround.

Look at all the exercise you'll get with the Eir six step:

type up letter,
    print letter,
    get envelope,
    get a stamp,
    walk to post box,
    post letter.

(This of course assumes that you have a stamp, otherwise it becomes the Eir 7 step only operational between the hours of 9 to 5.30 Monday to Friday).

You do run the risk that Eir may not acknowledge that they got the letter since you didn't register it. In this case you get to do the Eir six step a second time. Lucky you.

If you don't need the exercise you could just send a formal complaint, requesting an official tracking number, via this new fangled email thing to

ccm@eir.ie

and if Eir don't resolve the issue within 10 days sending an email to ComReg at

consumerline@comreg.ie

Your choice the Eir six/Twelve step or the ComReg two step.
    +1 for Comreg. Excellent service. Never got a complaint resolved so fast than with these guys! 

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

Pistachio wrote: »
    Try the webchat again, I got my contract end date from them after a bit of badgering. You might have to have your relative with you so that you can confirm that you are the contract holder.

Waiting times still over 30 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

skydish79 wrote: »
    Waiting times still over 30 minutes
    So not over 60 mins like it was? Progress?

Advertisement