Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Vs Munster buildup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Buer wrote: »
    baaba maal wrote: »
    I see what you did there!

GO SOUTH DUBFRICA!
    I'm not even unironically saying I'm looking forward to (potentially) finally seeing Munster's dream of fielding an all South African backrow. I like our connection to South African rugby. Am I wrong in saying that certain provinces seem to gravitate towards certain foreign players? Munster-South Africa, Leinster-New Zealand, Connacht-Australia, Ulster-Leinster...

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

turnikett1 wrote: »
    I'm not even unironically saying I'm looking forward to (potentially) finally seeing Munster's dream of fielding an all South African backrow. I like our connection to South African rugby. Am I wrong in saying that certain provinces seem to gravitate towards certain foreign players? Munster-South Africa, Leinster-New Zealand, Connacht-Australia, Ulster-Leinster...
    We love our boks up in Ulster too. Might even have more of them than Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

awec wrote: »
    We love our boks up in Ulster too. Might even have more of them than Munster.

I'm going to say that the last Saffer to play for Leinster who really impacted the club was Heinke (and all respects to Kirchner, a solid and honest player). I loved the way Heinke and Cian were operating at the same high level- one that Jack and Cian get to when they are both fully fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

turnikett1 wrote: »

They actually went into that on the most recent Demented Mole podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Looking like:

McGrath Tracy Porter
    Fardy Ryan
    Leavy Deegan SOB

JGP Byrne
    Henshaw ROL
    Dave Rob McFadden

Byrne, Dooley, Bent, Molony, Doris, McCarthy, Reid, Tomane

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

baaba maal wrote: »
    I'm going to say that the last Saffer to play for Leinster who really impacted the club was Heinke (and all respects to Kirchner, a solid and honest player). I loved the way Heinke and Cian were operating at the same high level- one that Jack and Cian get to when they are both fully fit.

Strauss?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

molloyjh wrote: »
    Looking like:

McGrath Tracy Porter
    Fardy Ryan
    Leavy Deegan SOB

JGP Byrne
    Henshaw ROL
    Dave Rob McFadden

Byrne, Dooley, Bent, Molony, Doris, McCarthy, Reid, Tomane
    Might see Frawley in there ahead of Reid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

stephen_n wrote: »

That would be a brave pick.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,074 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

stephen_n wrote: »

Id like to see that

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Zz1ippy wrote: »
    Strauss?

And Strauss!:eek:
    I suppose his reduced appearances and form in the latter seasons led to my brainfart. I think we can all agree that Sykes was certainly the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Sure Straussy's Irish, didn't he get his citizenship same time as Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Munster have had our share of Kiwi backs too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭iminterestd0

Mc Love wrote: »
    Munster have had our share of Kiwi backs too :)

and no you basically have a saffer pack

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

and no you basically have a saffer pack

What's that got to do with Munsters Kiwi backs? :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Zzippy wrote: »
    Strauss?

462801.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Any word in Murray and his return from "injury "?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

You heard the rumours about his "injury" also?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

This the same as the rumours regarding Heaslip actually failing a drugs test? The same one that proved to be rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

"No"

Seeing as we're using "redundant" "quotation" "marks"

davo2001 wrote: »
    You heard the rumours about his "injury" also?

"rumours" flourish in a communication vacuum..... that doesnt make them valid though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

sydthebeat wrote: »
    "rumours" flourish in a communication vacuum..... that doesnt make them valid though.

No, but it's something the players and provinces/IRFU will have to get used to.

And logically, would players be that fussed about releasing details of a minor tweak? If we see situations where nothing is being said, of course people are going to assume the worst. I don't think Leinster have said anything about Barry Daly's knee, but he's been left out of the European squad...

Still, Murray is back in some sort of training now.

No, but it's something the players and provinces/IRFU will have to get used to.

or....

as it becomes more common, there wont be as much mystery about it, so the rumour mill will slow down

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Dunno, I'm struggling to see the positive arguments for keeping this information confidential. Future clubs are hardly going to not want medical information. And all its doing at the moment is fueling rumours.

AdamD wrote: »
    Dunno, I'm struggling to see the positive arguments for keeping this information confidential. Future clubs are hardly going to not want medical information. And all its doing at the moment is fueling rumours.

you are confusing "confidential" with "not in the public domain"

of course future clubs would have access to medical records should they be interested in signing a player... they dont go to the newspapers to assess a players medical history.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    you are confusing "confidential" with "not in the public domain"

of course future clubs would have access to medical records should they be interested in signing a player... they dont go to the newspapers to assess a players medical history.

So exactly what benefits are we looking at for Murray here?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Players have to disclose the information to future clubs and have medicals etc
    There isnt necessarily any reason the information has to be in the newspapers. Future clubs/provinces etc will still have access to information

well, privacy is the obvious one.

another is not broadcasting to the opposition where youve been recently injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

He doesn't have to have his medical condition in the open.
    He doesn't have to give opposition players something to aim at in regards timeframe and what area to hit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I'm perfectly fine not knowing players injuries, why should I care about the details? It makes no difference, estimates are useful of course but even still with the nature of serious injuries, estimates are usually not very accurate. Nonetheless, the player should be obliged to forward any recovery estimates so that the club can sign backups etc and any details required to the coaches about their recovery.

• Advertisement

I'm perfectly fine not knowing players injuries, why should I care about the details? It makes no difference, estimates are useful of course but even still with the nature of serious injuries, estimates are usually not very accurate. Nonetheless, the player should be obliged to forward any recovery estimates so that the club can sign backups etc and any details required to the coaches about their recovery.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine not knowing. I'm just questioning whether the privacy is worth the rumours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement