Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat has gone missing. **UPDATE! She's home :D**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Delighted for you and little kitty, of course!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

Amazing news, so glad she's home. If only they could talk eh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Sheepdish I am so happy for ye! Just in from work and in bed and loving the thought that she is home safe and snug with you again.
    Bet you will sleep so much better tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Sheepdish1 wrote:
    I am astonished with the stroke of good luck. I usually don't park where I did and only parked there as I was reminded by someone yesterday I needed to set up a direct debit. I can't believe it !! Thanks so much for all your kind word and support through out the last few weeks, I just can't believe she's home!! She is quite anxious as shes hungry but I have to wean her slowly back onto food

Well done. Did you ever tell us its name?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

I know I was wondering how she ended up where she did! She was very distressed when I found her, meowing and pacing in circles. Around here there are lots of bins that have been set on fire etc and was a lot of fireworks, don’t know if I would have gotten her back ever!! She is a little housecat and will research and order gps collar. She is smaller than a domestic rabbit, I honestly don’t know how the little think survived. Fair play to her !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Absolutely delighted for you and the little kitty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Absolutely delighted for you and the little kitty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

That is just fabulous news. Yesterday of all days!! Am so pleased for both of you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Brilliant result, especially after so long.
    You were destined to be reunited.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Delighted to hear that news. I've been keeping mine indoors over the Halloween period and have been thinking of you a lot.
    They're tough little beasties, aren't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Sheepdish1 wrote: »
    In an *unbelievable* stroke of good luck today my little cat was spotted as I drove into a carpark today!!!! She was roughly 1km from where she escaped and was quite distressed when I found her but started to recognise me when I sat down and called her, got a twig and played with it and she came out of the bush and sniffed me and came over :D:D I scooped her up in the carpark and started crying, someone say me and probably thought I was nuts :D:D:D

She extremely underweight, weighs less than 2 kilos but hopefully will be ok after her ordeal. She was so distressed and I am so grateful that we managed to get her back - I just can't believe how lucky we are.

She didn't fair out too well in the wild is skin and bone but hopefully there is no long term damage. All her fat stores and muscle has been used as she must not have been able to find food but she somehow managed to survive.

I am astonished with the stroke of good luck. I usually don't park where I did and only parked there as I was reminded by someone yesterday I needed to set up a direct debit. I can't believe it !! Thanks so much for all your kind word and support through out the last few weeks, I just can't believe she's home!! She is quite anxious as shes hungry but I have to wean her slowly back onto food:D:D

Wow, from the 1st Oct to the 1st Nov...I've been following the thread but said in my head after a week or so that it'd be unlikely she was still alive. Delighted she's back, now never let her out again :D Well done to you for not giving up on her, she's lucky to have you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Delighted for you sheepdish! What a lucky little cat to be able to get home on Halloween and to have such a caring owner :)

I know it’s disheartening but I never give up on a cat, their resilience is incredible 🐈

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Have been watching all the updates here. Delighted to hear the great news. She must be one tough little cookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭trick

I am so happy for you!!!!! <3 I have 2 kitties so I can only imagine the joy you felt when you saw her.
    So glad you got her back x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I've been watching this thread hoping and praying she came home. Absolutely delighted you found her and got her home safe! I'm sure with lots of love and TLC she will be back to herself in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Wow, that's great news, and just in time so that she wasn't subjected to the worst of Halloween.

I'd echo the advice to get her to the vets for a check up. They'll also be able to advise you regarding building up her food quantity over time. I don't think it's a good idea to give them too much too soon in cases like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Baybay

So happy for you both! I was thinking of you coming up to Halloween alright. Our fellow is black & has been catching people’s eyes more over the past few days than the rest of the year combined! Hopefully with good intentions!
    Anyway, enjoy your reunion!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

That's fantastic, I'm so pleased for you both. Like others, I've been checking the thread every time I saw you'd posted hoping it would be good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Sheepdish1 wrote: »
    I know I was wondering how she ended up where she did! She was very distressed when I found her, meowing and pacing in circles. Around here there are lots of bins that have been set on fire etc and was a lot of fireworks, don’t know if I would have gotten her back ever!! She is a little housecat and will research and order gps collar. She is smaller than a domestic rabbit, I honestly don’t know how the little think survived. Fair play to her !!

Delighted she's back safe with you. Please post details of your GPS collars research when you get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

Fantastic news!!! Been following this thread every day hoping you’d find her. You were great you never gave up hope. Am so delighted you’d got her back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

So so happy for you, I was reading this originally and had popped in every few days ago to keep an eye on it, so glad you found her, especially on the evening that was in it!

:)

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Delighted to hear that news. I've been keeping mine indoors over the Halloween period and have been thinking of you a lot.
    They're tough little beasties, aren't they?

I know I was dreading Halloween and I usually love this time of year!

One of mine is pretty tough and I wouldn't worry about her but the little one that went missing didn't approach people for food and didn't have much luck at hunting which I was surprised at. :o

She was abandoned at 2 weeks and was sick for months, was nearly put to sleep when she was a kitten but made a miraculous recovery as needle was being drawn:D Vet said we are extremely lucky as she weighs less than 2kg now but her organs are ok thankfully :D

I was so upset as she is so nervous, even when I found her she was circling , crying and terrified but this is because she is such a nervous cat. I don't know how she didn't get hit by a car / end up in a truck etc as she is soooooo skittish.

BUT if she managed to get by i think it should definitely offer other people's that have cats missing some hope as mine is the extreme end of dependant and nervousness so most cats odds would be much better than hers at fending for themselves. She is just the extreme, she's more like a really nervous dog. She tried to jump on the kitchen table but missed and slipped off which would be quite normal for her but not other cats :D

Inviere wrote: »
    Wow, from the 1st Oct to the 1st Nov...I've been following the thread but said in my head after a week or so that it'd be unlikely she was still alive. Delighted she's back, now never let her out again :D Well done to you for not giving up on her, she's lucky to have you.

How she is still alive is astounding. Someone called me saying that they think they saw her around the banks of a river opposite to where she was found so I don't know how she even managed that :D

I noticed today There are so many gates that look identical to mine so she must have been going through steel fencing and gates looking for her garden :(

Alun wrote: »
    Wow, that's great news, and just in time so that she wasn't subjected to the worst of Halloween.

I'd echo the advice to get her to the vets for a check up. They'll also be able to advise you regarding building up her food quantity over time. I don't think it's a good idea to give them too much too soon in cases like this.

Thank you :D the first thing I did was bring her straight to the vet as she was so thin I needed to make sure her organs where ok and thankfully the bloodwork is perfect. I also wanted to check if she needed antibiotic but thankfully she was ok:D

Due to the fact she is soooo underweight she needs to be weaned onto food very gradually. I also need to be careful with food as someone left the kitchen press open yesterday and she hopped in and ate a cracker :D

Delighted she's back safe with you. Please post details of your GPS collars research when you get a chance.

Yes I will do this :) I am not planning to let her out any time soon and probably not again without a harness. I'll have to see if she is ok being a house cat where as if she's stressed only inside I will have to rethink that:)

Either way i want to find one that is good and that will work within close range

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Delighted you got her back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Simply the best news ever, OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Fantastic news...We have two at home and when we leave them out and don't see them for 2 hours we start to worry.

The male is lazy so will definitely come home for dinner, the female can hunt so if she does go missing we know she'll handle herself ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Lovely update!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Time to build a catio!!

Advertisement