Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'God hates me' family devastated as church makes changes to first communion

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

God hates you and your going to burn in hell. :)

2979979221_22456b3312.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Errm, wants priests and religion out of schools, protested the Pope's visit, hardly good homework.

"Oh yes it so beyond time to remove church from our schools It’s not acceptable is this day and age to have a PP chair if BOM "

The story wouldn’t have generated nearly as much interest though if there wasn’t that apparent contradiction there that everyone could point fingers at five minutes into the thread starting. Journalists the first place they go is social media, and that’s why I suggested that this is an example of some masterful trolling of the general public by the Independent in order to generate revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    It really is a case of somebody not caring about religion and more bothered about the party. Not to talk to the child and explaining that God doesn't work on a personal level.
    The very basics are you pray to God for strength to get you trough not to petition for your own wants or desires.
    Many people claiming to be Catholic really don't know what they signed up for and are using it as a cover for superstition and lucky charm.

I'd imagine the majority of people belong to the religion of their parents.
    My experience of my Irish relatives was that because just about everyone else was a Catholic there seemed to be little desire to look into what they were believing. Pretty much everyone was in it - it was part of the social fabric - it just came up with the rations.

Not really, it's still going to be as part of Sunday Mass, but each school has a particular date.

It’s been done like this in small parishes for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

God hates you and your going to burn in hell. :)

2979979221_22456b3312.jpg

Feel sorry for that kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

lawred2 wrote: »
    Feel sorry for that kid.

It's okay not to like cigarettes!

Advertisement