Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Pizza fries and a cider watching Justice league
    Ristorante mozzarella, skin on fries, Orchard Thieves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Pizza fries and a cider watching Justice league
    Ristorante mozzarella, skin on fries, Orchard Thieves

That looks really tasty, especially the pizza.

Skips and popcorn work really well as a combo. The skips can he used as mini shovels to scoop up the popcorn :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A takeaway from an Indian restaurant this evening as we were celebrating and remembering the years. Chicken madras, pilau rice and Naan bread. A few little extras in the bag as you'd expect. Super tasty with wine and beer.

I'm gonna have the leftovers shortly. A beer wash down.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Chicken Madras is my go to curry. I love it! There is a lovely Indian in my home town but they don't do deliveries. I can't really get it because it's far away it would be in bits by the time I'd get back.
    When they open again I might get some food if I'm staying below. Their special rice is like a meal on its own. Soooo tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Two garlic and cracked black pepper sausages and a shared omelette with smoky bacon, black pudding, red onion and a sprinkle of cheese. Two toast and a mug of tea with Daniel O Donnell on in the background.

Another glorious day here, off out for a scenic drive once I get a small bit of gardening out of the way.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Just back from an early hike. Had this before I left.

IMG-20210425-122445.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Got a spice box from local chinese and gonna have a cider

It is cider weather. I might have a Bulmers in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Got a spice box from local chinese and gonna have a cider

no disrespect but that looks awful - bet it was tasty though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Chipper food this evening Onion rings and chips with a curry dip :)

• Advertisement

A few slices of nice bacon, mash, turnip and peas earlier this evening. It was delish, even without cabbage, which is usually a fave with it. I had a splash of gravy with fresh parsley in it from my new herb garden. Nice.

A Twirl and strawberry milk now.

IMG-20210425-170522.jpg

How do you guys feel about reheating indian food? Have leftovers from last night..a big mixture of butter chicken, madras and chilli masala. Looks both delicious and disgusting and im torn!

Porklife wrote: »
    How do you guys feel about reheating indian food? Have leftovers from last night..a big mixture of butter chicken, madras and chilli masala. Looks both delicious and disgusting and im torn!

As long as you chilled it overnight it should be ok.
    In saying that I often ate stuff that was left out but I wouldn't recommend it especially if you're pregnant and could upset your tummy.
    If so just heat it in the microwave and you'll be grand.

I had tea and Centra white pudding. It's nice bit not as nice as the Lidl one. Gasping thirsty now though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Local mature organic cheese was the highlight of todays cold platter with Harrington's brown bread.

The Jersey cows responsible for the cheese are also big contributors towards our homegrown veg.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Deli chicken salad. Made with cream cheese. Not mayo. Yum!

Busy day around the house so it was sleazy food.:D A Pizza, a three in one and a spicy beef dish and rice. A three way, whatever you want click and collect result.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

• Send leftovers to me Grandeeod. :D

Fathom wrote: »
    • Send leftovers to me Grandeeod. :D

There are literally no leftovers Fathom.:D

Tuna salad this evening

Salad here also today, all bought in Aldi this morning, lots of bread rolls, lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions , eggs, ham/chicken/ beef slices, potato salad, coleslaw and the fresh beetroot, threw on some wedges also,absolutely gorgeous and eaten outside in fantastic weather. Red wine and a few crisps now.

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    There are literally no leftovers Fathom.:D
    Now hungry. Off to feed. Laters Grandeeod.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Salad here also today, all bought in Aldi this morning, lots of bread rolls, lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions , eggs, ham/chicken/ beef slices, potato salad, coleslaw and the fresh beetroot, threw on some wedges also,absolutely gorgeous and eaten outside in fantastic weather. Red wine and a few crisps now.

I love those old style salads, no quinoa or avocado in sight!
    We used to have them every Saturday growing up, with fresh bread.

Fajita spiced pork chops with green beans and couscous.

Be careful when your buying potato salad/ coleslaw etc They tend to go off quicker in this weather

Can of Bulmers. Tired though eeking out my days to make some bastard rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

a box of old raisins, cos...

I can't be bothered. :o

(yick)

Good to see you Deja :)

Glass of water now

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Can of Bulmers. Tired though eeking out my days to make some bastard rich.

I know.

Work sucks sometimes.
    Hey, all the time.
    You're not alone Surrep. <3

Having a beer.

My plan tomorrow is to make something involving sauerkraut, polish sausage, and beans.
    Could be terrible, but I will like it anyway. It's loosely based on this simple recipe:

https://www.thespruceeats.com/slovenian-bean-and-sauerkraut-hotpot-jota-1137408

That looks interesting. Let is know how you get on with it

Ok..I will admit i was in two minds about posting this but bear in mind I'm eating for 2 :p

I ordered...emm..*cough*...not one, not two...but three dishes from my local indian...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

Ok..I will admit i was in two minds about posting this but bear in mind I'm eating for 2 :p

I ordered...emm..*cough*...not one, not two...but three dishes from my local indian...

did you eat the leftovers from Sunday last night?

Advertisement